Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,280 members, 7,977,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:19 PM

Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor (14800 Views)

Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 / Nigeria Vs Algeria: CAF U23 Championship ( 0 - 0) On 5th December 2015 / Algeria Vs South Africa AFCON 2015 (3 - 1) On 19th January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by Mustapha111888(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2014
This is a lesson for us(Nigerians). We should learn to support and assist the less privilege in the society
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by boyo44: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

another muslim going off on pure emotions rather than fact. Answer me this... the algerian players ignored the "poor" in Algier so go donate money to the "poor" 1,976 miles away. What is so special about these "poor"?
in case u never know d meaning of phrase ( iya e Ti fi obo jona) mean ur mother don burn her pussy for nothing and u are dier answering him like one good Samaritan
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by LordVoldemort(m): 9:50am On Jul 05, 2014
Nigerians with their on directional brain, don't blame the super eagles I cos I don't see why NFF wil hold their bonus, is NFF not well founded? What will dey do with the money if it doesn't go to the rightful owners? Develop grass football? We gatz to learn to fight for what is ours and if nigeria is a poor country I would a understand buh we live in the midst of plenty yt povrty is the order of the day.
Back to the algerians its their money and they can choose to do whateverthey like with it so does the super eagles leave them guys alone!!!
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 05, 2014
Gclan: *RESPECT TO LUIZ AND ALGERIA*
6 goals and 2 assists. 3 man of the match awards. 22 years old.
I expect James Rodriguez to go to Real Madrid if Monaco let him go.
*RESPECT TO LUIZ AND ALGERIA*

True story
I was crying like a mumu at the love shown James by Luiz and then Alvez
It was love on display.....one of the reasons why football is awesome cool

Then Algeria has shown me that Africa is beautiful...I was about to forget, what with how WA football played out like money laundering in this tournamant lipsrsealed

Real Madrid is my second team, like ten percent
Can James head to Man United instead?
He is needed there more than at Real
Thanks
(Hides)

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by obinoral1179(m): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2014
mcocolok: CHAI MAKE I GO COLLECT MY OWN
are u a poor man?
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by myspnigeria: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2014
This can't happen in 9ja lailai
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by easyelliot(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Admirable gesture, alas, our players do not know the meaning of selfless.
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by virago(f): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
decode55: the guy above me is suffering from microcephaly tongue

Small head ?
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by phone: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
[quote author=coded01]THE African side returned to their homeland to a hero’s welcome and have decided to donate their prize money from the summer tournament to poor people in the region.

Algeria’s World Cup squad will donate their bonus money to the people of Gaza, striker Islam Slimani has revealed.

After reaching the second round of the tournament, Algeria were eliminated by Germany after an excellent display, taking Joachim Low’s men into extra time before succumbing to a 2-1 defeat.

The team returned to Algeria as heroes and the players have opted to donate their prize money from the summer tournament to those less fortunate.

“They need it more than us,” Slimani said when asked about why the squad were making the grand gesture.

The revelation comes after Ghana boycotted a training session during the competition following a row with the nation’s FA over bonus money.

The dispute was eventually resolved when the country’s government flew a plane over to Brazil carrying €2.3 million in cash, only for the side to then be eliminated in the group stage.

Nigeria were also embroiled in a cash-related dispute, with players downing tools at training over fears they would not be paid for playing in the tournament, following a similar episode at the Confederations Cup last summer.

President Goodluck Jonathan intervened to assure the players that payment would be made, though that did little to aid their cause as they were knocked out in the last-16 by France.

http://ngrguardiannews.com/sport/abroad/169277-algeria-gives-world-cup-bonus-to-the

we can be better if will neglect the spirit of ME ME ME
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
boyo44:
in case u never know d meaning of phrase ( iya e Ti fi obo jona) mean ur mother don burn her pussy for nothing and u are dier answering him like one good Samaritan

the phrase means nothing to me.
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
SNCOQ3:
When the Israelis pulled out of Gaza, they left behind academic, social and economic infrastructure intact. Instead of the 'Palestinians' to invest the billion-dollar aids received from the West and Arab States to enhance this infrastructures and build a vibrant economy for their people, the Hamas-led government sabotaged everything because of their hatred for everything Jewish. Instead, they invested in firearms, built tunnels all the way to Sinai to smuggle in ammunitions to further their terrorist campaign and the corrupt officials siphoned the rest with only a meagre to go round. Their poverty is self-inflicted.

This is not just a 'kind' gesture from the Algerian team; but a religious and political statement.

Please allow this guys to freely roll in their 'resounding' stupidity.

Someone else who gets it. This was not a "kind" gesture. Lets be honest, the algerian players did not need to travel 2000 miles to find the poor they have in their backyard.
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
Originalsly: I guess you would say the same about poor and struggling people who give money to beggars and charities instead of others in their families. Bro...bigotry will make you continue to suffer from mental blindness. You need to open the windows of your mind and allow the fresh air of knowledge to circulate. Take time out and find out about Gaza instead of splattering us with your ignorance.

There is no need to "find out about Gaza". Egypt blocks gazans from moving across the border, Jordan does the same and the WestBank strictly prohibits gazans from moving there... those are all fellow muslims. Why do you think they are afraid of gazans? We all know why... deep down even muslims do not want to die in a hail of suicide bombs.
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
idris4eva: so gaza is anoda part of africa abi....

that's the whole point. The algerian players did not have to ignore the multitudes of poor in sudan or somalia to give to gaza. Its all about religion and politics.
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by decode55(m): 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
virago:

Small head ?

very little brain wink

Its a congenital anomaly
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by thelastmediator: 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
davidylan:

another muslim going off on pure emotions rather than fact. Answer me this... the algerian players ignored the "poor" in Algier so go donate money to the "poor" 1,976 miles away. What is so special about these "poor"?

U mean Christiano Ronaldo that donated his golden boot to a similar course is also funding the terrorist? Get a cure to your one way thinking.
http://www.footballtarget.com/2012/11/cristiano-ronaldo-donated-his-golden-boot-worth-e1-5-million/

1 Like

Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by BinghiNya(m): 8:00am On Jul 06, 2014
davidylan:

misleading title... the money was donated to terrorists in gaza, 1967 miles away from Algeria. This was clearly not a gesture to the poor. If they really wanted to help the poor, why ignore the poor in Algeria? Or is gaza now a protectorate of Algeria?
if gazans are terrorists then biafrans are terrorists

1 Like

Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by BinghiNya(m): 8:05am On Jul 06, 2014
davidylan:

What is good about the gesture? It is deliberately done to inflame already passionate tensions in the middle east. If they really cared about the poor they would have given the money to the large population of dirt poor algerians IN algeria. I apologize that muslims are unable to see beyond the usual need to support another muslim regardless.
people should ignore this tool Ơ̴̴̴͡f a guy, the money has been to given to gazans let him hang himself
Re: Algeria Gives World Cup Bonus To The Poor by jaybee(f): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
mcocolok: CHAI MAKE I GO COLLECT MY OWN

Poor fellow with poverty mentality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape / Chelsea Extend Thomas Tuchel's Contract To June 2024 / World U-20 Athletics Championship: Nigeria Wins Gold At The Women's 4x400m Relay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.