Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,693 members, 7,921,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:10 AM

17am's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 17am's Profile / 17am's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Agriculture / Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by 17am: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hello Snail Farmers!
Well am a novice,although I intend to learn while I train my first set of snails I picked up with the help of my sister from the Bush.
it was amazing trying something different,which happens to be the usual me.
I gathered all 99% of the knowledge on snail farming from the internet,definitely I will make mistakes.
Unfortunately, I made a grave one that led to the death of my Big Snails.
Because I learnt Snail shell is good so I picked up snail shells from the bush as well shocked ..Fed my snails with powder lo and behold! my snails started dieing ..I thought it was from excess rainfall in the pen, then I called Hugo who explained how strange it was. The major issue is I have fed my snails with a burnt snail Shell.
*Sad* I learnt the hard way
Agriculture / Re: Baby Snails For Starters (fulica Achatina). by 17am: 7:33am On Sep 10, 2016
Afrocatalyst:
I have any quantity you want. Fulica achatina is the best breed for commercial snail farming which has proven to be a mine of wealth to those who have discovered it in this our dear country,Nigeria, and are doing it while laboring under correct knowledge. (luck). They produce well and grow bigger than any other snail. It is truly the west african giant snail. It weighs heavily too and is very rugged. We export too. All our baby fulicas have been raised under captivity and given the right amount of calcium to ensure continous growth. Cal me on 08073122596. Am in lagos.

Hi Afrocatalyst, this is your baby girlfriend new in the snail farming . I just picked up my snail 4days ago now this trend has been helpful. Thank you.
I have a little problem dealing with ants and cockroaches,feeding and cleaning my pen because am using a n old fish pond. what can I do?

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.