Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,133 members, 7,883,945 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:26 PM

The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' (6467 Views)

Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) / A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah / Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by LagosShia: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2014
A Sunni Muslim prays at a Shia mosque

[img]http://ftlogblog.files./2013/12/mosque.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

I decided I would finally go to a Shia mosque for Friday prayers. I had my three year old son with me, but even if he became too hyper, it would be okay, because there was just one of him, and I would handle him. I was so ready to do it, but then of course, fear of the unknown crept in. The fear came disguised as needing to catch up on so many household duties. “I should made rice pudding for the kids today! I’ve been wanting to make it for so long!” I thought to myself. Deciding to stay home instead, I sifted online through various reviews of rice pudding recipes. After deciding on a recipe, I suddenly realized I didn’t have enough milk to make the pudding. This was highly unusual, because I mostly restock my milk before it goes too low.

I spent the next fifteen to twenty minutes battling my thoughts, which bounced from praying at a Shia mosque to staying home and cooking something else for the kids. I finally decided that I would make the kids pasta and bake croissants, and if I got done in time, I would go for Friday prayers at the shia mosque.

I think my spirit really wanted the adventure of praying at a different mosque, so I found myself quickly finishing my baking and cooking, leaving the perfect amount of time to get myself and my son dressed, and in the car.

But of course, the animal in me didn’t let me off that easily. As I drove past traffic signals, on to the highway, and back on the main streets, I found myself wondering why I was even doing this. What’s the point? Why do I have to care so much about praying at a different mosque? I hardly even pray at Sunni mosques, so who am I trying to be by going off to a Shia mosque? What if someone is hostile to me? What if the Shia prayer is so different that everyone notices me as an outsider?

Luckily, I had been through my fair share of anxiety, nervousness and fear before I visited a church and a synagogue, so I simply told myself that if I could go there, then I could go to a Shia mosque. I knew it was one of those things I would be glad I tried after I actually tried it.

Once I saw the sign for the mosque “Masumeen Islamic Centre,” I went into panic mode. I quickly grabbed my large shawl from the passenger seat and tried to frantically get it around my head before I turned into the parking lot. It was twenty seconds of me trying to drive with the shawl awkwardly plastered across my face, almost blinded. Feeling frustrated with my jitteriness, I somehow pulled the shawl off my face and flung it back on the seat.

I turned into the parking lot expecting to find the usual chaos at Sunni mosques, with limited parking spaces and horrible parking jobs by the attendees. But to my surprise, there were plenty of empty spaces and everyone was parked in a civilized manner. Perhaps this mosque had a small congregation. Either way, I was happy to have found a good parking spot, and took my son out and walked to the women’s entrance.

I went up a concrete stairwell to an open space with shoe racks and coat hangers. Once our coats and shoes were put aside, I held my son’s hand and walked into a clean, carpeted prayer room. At that time, there were only three women inside. I greeted them with a smile and salaam and they smiled back their response. I wondered if I should tell them I was a Sunni visiting, but felt like it was unnecessary at the time. I walked over to a shelf and picked up a book about the Quran to read before the sermon started.

My son was surprisingly very quiet and shy as he sat down next to me. I looked around the room and noticed the banners with calligraphy from the Quran and prayers in Arabic for the Prophet pbuh and his family. I saw the door open and two young women walked in, one carrying a baby in a car seat. I greeted them with a smile and salaam and they responded politely with smiles. An older woman sat on a chair, as she recited quietly from the Quran.

[img]http://ftlogblog.files./2013/12/banner.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

Before I could open my book, I saw the flat screen TV at the front of the room light up, and the imam began the sermon. He started with the following words:

I begin with the name of Allah. I advise you and advise myself to be God conscious, God-fearing, pious.

He had a very laid back manner of speaking. Even his body language was relaxed and calm. I liked him already.

The sermon for this Friday was expanding on the meaning of “Al-Kareem,” which is one of the names and attributes of God.

The imam explained that the word “Kareem” signifies all positive attributes possessed by a good person or thing, which are given generously and honourably to others for their benefit. “This is why Allah is called Kareem,” he explained. “Allah calls His Quran, ‘kareem.’ So it’s not just people who are kareem. Likewise our Prophet pbuh is known as rasool-al-kareem.” At the mention of the Prophet’s pbuh name, the whole congregation chanted their blessings on him.

[img]http://ftlogblog.files./2013/12/sermon.jpg?w=225&h=300[/img]

The imam highlighted that God is al-kareem because not only will He forgive us for our mistakes, but will also not embarrass us about our past mistakes, which is totally different from human beings, who even after forgiving others, sometimes bring it up in front of the person, embarrassing them.

God is also Al-Kareem because He gives us before we even ask Him for something. And when we ask Him, He gives us more than we expect.

The imam then said: I think we’ve taken God for granted. We’ve taken His gifts for granted.

“Kareem” by definition is someone who is in the position/power to take revenge or get even, but still forgives you.

The imam prayed for God to grant paradise for the Prophet pbuh and his family. A prayer in Arabic was recited, and everyone stood up. I thought it was time to pray, but everyone soon sat back down.

Then the imam shared a story from the Prophet’s grandson, Imam Hussein’s (A.S.) life. Someone once asked Imam Hussein (AS) why he never repulsed a beggar. His answer was: I am asking God for His favors and I love being near God and I am ashamed that I myself am in need of God, so I can’t repulse a beggar.

The imam explained that the meaning behind Imam Hussein’s (AS) words is that the moment I become stingy with what God has given me, then God will become stingy with me.

It was soon time for the Friday prayers (known as salah in Arabic), and the women got up. There were only about fifteen women present, and by then my son had dosed off on the smooth carpet, his head propped on my purse. I stood in line and noticed that everyone had a small round stone on the floor in front of them. I wasn’t sure what that was, but stood in line, my space void of the stone. I felt a little nervous, wondering if someone would ask me about my prayer stone, but surprisingly, nobody asked me about it, and neither did anyone seem concerned.

The salah was slightly different, but I kept noting others around me, and followed them as it went on. For example, nobody folded their hands on their chest as is usual for most Sunni Muslim women, but rather, everyone kept their arms comfortably against the sides of their body. Also, the prayer did not go directly into “ruku” (bending partly with hands on knees) as I am accustomed to, but rather a prayer was said during which everyone held out their hands (the symbol of asking God for something), followed by the ruku. Every time there was a silent gap between words, I heard the soft rumble of my son’s snores. It was an incredibly peaceful prayer experience.

[img]http://ftlogblog.files./2013/12/qoobs.jpg?w=225&h=300[/img]

The recitations were also slightly different during the ruku and the “sujood” (full prostration with head bowed on floor). Once sitting, with legs folded, the imam went directly to reciting the “shahada” (I bear witness that there is no deity except God, and that Mohammad pbuh is His messenger). The last difference I noticed was that upon the completion of the salah, after the imam said the salutations for the angels, nobody turned their head from side to side as Sunnis normally do. Everyone simply stopped the prayer, which was unusual for me, since I had never done that before.

I thought about leaving, and then heard another call to prayer, and saw everyone get up. Confused, I got up. But there was no time to ask anyone what prayer we were now praying. I simply joined the congregation for another round of salah. Were these extra prayers? Were these the actual Friday prayers? I wasn’t sure, but I followed along. Upon their completion, I noticed the two young women leave with the baby. I followed them outside to pick up my son’s and my jacket. Outside, I told them that I was a visiting Sunni, and asked them about the second salah. They smiled, and one of them offered a handshake, which I gladly accepted. “Welcome,” she said with a smile. “How did you find it?” I told them that I liked it, and that even though it was different, I simply followed along. They smiled and told me the second salah was “asr” (late afternoon prayer). So it turns out Shia Muslims pray asr right after the Friday prayers. I said my goodbyes to the ladies, and went back into the prayer room. My son was still sleeping peacefully, and I gently shook him to wake him up.

Driving home, I was really grateful to God for allowing me this wonderful experience. I had always wanted to pray at a Shia mosque. None of the misinformation and rumours about them were true in my experience. They did not associate any partners with God, as some Sunnis accuse them of doing. They did not ask for help from Imam Hussein (AS) as the rumors state. The family of the Prophet pbuh is very dear to them, no doubt. But it should also be very dear to all Muslims because the Quran tells us that none of us is a true Muslim unless we love the Prophet pbuh and his family more than anything. Everyone prayed to God alone and asked Him alone for all help. Nobody can claim that they were pretending to in front of me, because I came in unannounced, and the only people who knew I was Sunni were the two girls I told after the prayers were over.

So the question is, would I ever pray at that mosque again? And the answer is: ABSOLUTELY YES! I really enjoyed my experience. The imam at the mosque was great, the women were friendly, people parked like civilized human beings, and most importantly, they are Muslims who believe in the same one God, Quran and the Prophet pbuh!

[img]http://ftlogblog.files./2013/12/shia.jpg?w=300&h=136[/img]

If you liked this post, support my blog by “liking” it on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ftlogblog

You can also follow me on Twitter: @hussain_samra

http://ftlogblog./2013/12/08/a-sunni-muslim-prays-at-a-shia-mosque/

2 Likes

Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by 1stola: 11:06am On Jul 05, 2014
wow!
A wonderful experience there.
You should know now that "seeing is believing". All this fanatics likes spreading rumors without any knowledge. They are the ones causing confusion among us.
For me, I have always prayed in a sunni mosques here because, we have no option.
I don't see myself as a Sunni or Shi'a Muslim, I just see myself as a Muslim.
Thanks for sharing.
I wish to prayer in a Shi'a mosque someday too. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by 1stola: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2014
Ramadan Kareem!
Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by AlBaqir(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
My Bitter Experience
I finally got admitted into the University of Ilorin for Remedial in the year 2000, three years after my secondary school seeking admission here and there.
Being very active in Islamic activities with MSS Osogbo central branch/Lagos branch (Isolo), the blood of dawah struggle (jihad) was still very much rushing in my vein despite the fact that I jumped ship in my Madhhab 2 years before then with stern opposition from notable brothers in the MSS then.

With enthusiasm I located the student mosque and was felt with joy to see my muslim brothers in large gathering. Unfortunately to my surprise I found out that the "Qadiriyya/Tijaniyyah" brothers were not allowed to pray at "Student's Mosque". I got to know the then MSS exco had made the "Student's mosque" their personal daddy's house. Any thought differ from theirs is castigated.

Poor me with open intention, I usually performed my salat with the Jama'a (congregation) so there wasn't any suspicion among the MSS excos as most of them usually occupied the front row.

As a Shi'a, the place for Sajdah (prostration) is very paramount as it has to be natural hence, the use of Tur'ba (baked soil) where mosques are 100% rugged. Fortunately for me, I do not need to use Tur'ba because there were space between the rugs spread in the mosque leaving a bare floor for Sajdah (prostration).

On a fateful day, I was late to meet the Jama'a (congregation) so I need to perform my salat, furada (singly). Barely 10seconds after I finished my salat, I was still busy with supplication before a brother named Abdul-Afeez sought my attention just some steps away from the main mosque where people converge for discussions, ablutions, sales etc.

In a very strong repulsive voice, he addressed me thus: "Look here, I know you are a Shi'a and next time I ever see you in this mosque, I will beat you up and throw you away".

Yes I've heard stories of how Shi'a converts were being brutally treated especially in Ilorin but those words still rang in my head since then till date. Talk about first personal experience.

I was about responding when the MSS Amir (a well-mannered elderly brother) approached us and ask what it is? The fiery brother repeated the same scary words and added that he noticed this with my slight change and styles during my salat.

The Amir asked him "change like what?" He said, "he continuously raised his hands at every stage where Allahu akbar is being said, he recited the ruku and sujud supplications audible, etc"

The Amir asked: "brother, are these allegations true?" I said: "Before I answer your questions sir, it is very disappointing the way this muslim brother addressed his fellow muslim brother. Should a christian stepped into this mosque and addressed this way, will he ever embrace Islam?"

The Amir bowed his head. Then I said: "those allegations were true." The Amir looked into my eyes and demanded for proves (hujjah) to support.

My reply was: "Sir, do you have Nasirudeen Al-banni's Sifat salat Nabiyy"? He said: "Yes its in our library".

I said that's my prove. Once you finished reading, I will be here in sha Allah or you checked on me at so-so hostel. That was backed off.
Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 07, 2014
Alaysallahu bi ahkamil hakimin ?

All these Shia/Sunni rift is just lack of wisdom in my own view !

Was Mohammed (PBUH) a Shia or Sunni ?

Tijaniyaah, Qodriyah, Donroxiya, Saudiyah, Cairoyah ..... Ahmadiyya!

Of what significant are all these ''yahs'' if not an avenue to get closer to one's creator which has now be turned to a bigdeal as :

''my own way is the best , no , mine is ''

Niyat is what Almighty Allah shall judge in yaomul Khair not how much sunni nor shia you have been !

I don't waste my precious time on this mere egoistical brouhaha from not well occupied nor equiped peeps !!

2 Likes

Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by AlBaqir(m): 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
donroxy: Alaysallahu bi ahkamil hakimin ?

Of what significant are all these ''yahs'' if not an avenue to get closer to one's creator which has now be turned to a bigdeal as :

Niyat is what Almighty Allah shall judge in yaomul Khair not how much sunni nor shia you have been !

I don't waste my precious time on this mere egoistical brouhaha from not well occupied nor equiped peeps !!

Really its sad how we muslims divide ourselves all in the quest to salvation. There can only be one path to salvation; hence, that path is best known to Allah. It is normal for human being to have different view and opinion. If we however put aside our ego and selfishness, there is no doubt we can bring our differences to an acceptable conclusion.

Despite the fact that Allah Himself said: "...Lo! Your Lord best known those who have astray from His path and He knows those who are rightly guided" yet some still have the audacity to do takfir of others and declare hell for them. This is extremism that should be condemned.

However, those with the thought of "Sunni-Shi'a nonsense" might be sincere as there is nothing better than one Ummah. But when it comes to the issue of various Islamic jurisprudencial practices (usul deen and even Furu'u deen), there is no way you can put aside "Shia-Sunni ideology". You either adopt and follow one of their interpretations or you bring yours from Jupiter, which technically make you (practically) belong to a sect.

For example the issue of wudhu (ablution). Its so serious that without wudhu or its proper performance there is no Salat. How do you perform yours? Despite having a clear verse in Sura Maida, Sunni and Shi'a differ greatly. How does the holy prophet (saws) performed his wudhu for 23 years? Many perform wudhu in accordance with the interpretation of the Sunni yet they claim "Sunni nonsense! Shi'a nonsense! This is one out of many issues that people are shy to tackle.

What about the Legacy of the holy prophet (saws) which he emphatically said whoever adhere to them will not go astray?

Sunni claimed its "the book of God and Sunnah" while Shi'a claimed its "the book of God and prophet's household".

Alas! It is on this very issue that everything pertaining to Islam itself revolve round.

Question: where do you belong?

Prophet (saws) himself knew people will misinterpret his message and corrupt his sunnah. He knew on this basis, his followers will divide into sects; in fact, he said "my Ummah will divide into 73sects and only one will enter jannah"

So I ask: Is it a crime you verify where you belong out of those 73sects? Is it a crime to dig the genesis of the division and trace the history back to the present age? Is it a crime to verify that only one sect with salvation? What method do you adopt as prescribed by the prophet, to determine which exact sect is on the path of salvation?

At his death-bed, he declared: "Bring paper and pen so I can write a document in which so long you adhere to it, you will never go astray". Meaning he who does not adhere to the document will surely go astray. Is there any other interpretation for that?

Are you telling me he (saws) doesn't know what he was saying? I seek Allah's protection from uttering such words.

It is ignorance and lack of sincerity that leads to "I am not a Shi'a, I am not a Sunni, am just a Muslim" while indeed your ways of Islamic practices are being defined in accordance with either Sunni, Shi'a, or what have you's dictation. Or are you still in contact with the interpreter of Islam (I mean the prophet himself (saws))?

While Allah is particular on our sincerity of heart (as you've also reasoned), it is however paramount in Allah's divine command that "knowledge FIRST before worship". And there is nothing that open the door of knowledge saves dialogue and research with sincerity.

The kind of sectarianism that should be condemned is one which involve making Takfir of ourselves. It is a big shame it has resulted to fighting, maiming, blackmailing and killing of one another.
Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by BetaThings: 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
donroxy: Alaysallahu bi ahkamil hakimin ?

Excellent observation but sadly that reality is that NOTHING can bridge that divide

Look at the evidence, how many sectarian posts do you see on NL?
How many are attributable to which side
Do a count, what is the per head abusive and curse words
Who is guilty?

As for this issue of going to the mosque, see for yourself, do you want to pray behind people who curse Abu Bakr, Umar, Aisha,m Hafsa (RAA) during salat?
I am not talking about the comments about beliefs in the video, but the cursing during salat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlaTpkAPF-w

1 Like

Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by AlBaqir(m): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
BetaThings:

As for this issue of going to the mosque, see for yourself, do you want to pray behind people who curse Abu Bakr, Umar, Aisha,m Hafsa (RAA) during salat?
I am not talking about the comments about beliefs in the video, but the cursing during salat

Sometimes I wonder how you so much make videos your "disputable" evidence. If people can distort Books of God (Injeel + Torah) what stops them from distorting video of their enemies?

Please brother grow up and shine your eye. Enough of these and that...propagandas. It makes mind sick, heart dead and intellect stone-cold for truth.

Even if the video is true, does that represent Shi'ism and its principles of deen? Boko Haram, ISIS, ISIL, al-Shabab, al-Qaeda etc are known terrorists who cause violence and commit murder upon murder. Aren't they shout Lailaha illa Allah Muhammad Rasulullah. How do you feel when you are challenged that those idiots attrocities represent Islamic belief?

Should you want dialogue, dialogue. If it is research, research. Parading propagandas videos won't help.
Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by AlBaqir(m): 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
BetaThings:

Sometimes I wonder how you so much make videos your "disputable" evidence. If people can distort Books of God (Injeel + Torah) what stops them from distorting video of their enemies?

Please brother grow up and shine your eye. Enough of these and that...propagandas. It makes mind sick, heart dead and intellect stone-cold for truth.

Even if the video is true, does that represent Shi'ism and its principles of deen? Boko Haram, ISIS, ISIL, al-Shabab, al-Qaeda etc are known terrorists who cause violence and commit murder upon murder. Aren't they shout Lailaha illa Allah Muhammad Rasulullah. How do you feel when you are challenged that those idiots attrocities represent Salafi or Sunni belief?

There are always few among large populations that take their course to the extreme.

I have told you over time and again, if you curse someone that doesn't deserve to be cursed, the effect of the curse is on you. And likewise if you pray for he who doesn't deserve it, your prayer for him is futile.

I am a Muslim following Ja'afari school of thought. In as much as I don't recognize Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman et al, I have never stoop so low to curse them. There judgment is with Allah. If I talk about them, I talk about their actions not curse.

Should you want dialogue, dialogue. If it is research, research. Parading propagandas videos won't help.
Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
AlBaqir:
You have raised so many issues !

First and Foremost , I drew more Truth outa the Qur'an than I do with Hadith because several Authors of Hadith in one way or the other has been subjected to alot of criticism thus their Narration and none of us have dared refute the contents of the Qur'an except some allegations of burnt chapters/verses which some allegedly think Uphold their way !!

Worshiping Allah(swt) is more than being a Sunni, Sufi,Wahabi or Shia ....... Etc

Prophet Abraham did not even have any encounter with Allah(swt) before He was chosen as Habeebullah , Prophet Abraham uses his Aqeeda in chosen Allah(swt) when He resented all idols and Proclaimed the Supreme of All as His own GOD and Allah chosed him in return !!

Qur'an 2 : 256 states that Truth stand clear from error .........

It is never a crime to verify the Origin of Islam as was being practised by Muhammad (saw) but Almighty Allah has warned us all never to go overboard/trangress/blashpheme in our quest to institute the truth/Jihad ! Qur'an 2 vs 190

The truth about the 73sects as far as My own Aqeeda is concerned is that they all have iota of truth and error nonetheless there is one simple way that lead to truth and nothing but the truth which is the way of Muhammad (saw) .....

Now the question should be :

Which way is Mohammed's way since all Ways laid claim to Mohammed ?

If you practice your shia, Sunni, Sufi etc verywell fisebililahi wa rosulihi and complying with Quran 103 ''al Asr'' especially verse 3 , you will surely be with Mohammad (saw) and If you do your own sect as mentioned above with nothing other than pure heart, you will meet mohammad (saw) , same with Sufism ... For almighty Allah says in Al maidah Quran 5 : 87

Where the problem lies is ''Transgression'' , doing things overboard , Extremism , simply because your aqeeda judged your way to be the best , then the remaining muslims are kafir ?

While Almighty Allah already commanded Rosulalah that : He is but a warner Qur'an 13 : 7 ; Quran 34 : 28 , Qur'an 6 vs 19

and we muslims has been described as the best group Quran 3 vs 10 except the transgressors because Allah doesn't like Transgressor Qur'an 2 vs 190 !!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

What baffles me much is the way many people now fight over one hadith or the other , first, the authentication of the Hadith and the Authority of such Hadith While Qur'an has been left aside !

Mohammed(saw) drew all his inspirations from Qur'an and Qur'an alone not any Hadith/other means though Almighty Allah enjoins all of us to take cue from Mohammed (saw) but in a situation where chain of Narrations of Sunnatul Rosulu has been met with one criticism or the other , we should all resolved to Qur'an and Mohammed took cue from what ?

''Holy Qur'an'' which is simple and Clear !

I'm sunni interms of worship , I've been with Sufis, I've been with Ahmadiyyas and never had any encounter with Shias !

Nonetheless, If I find myself in Shia's environment or other sect, I will do it the way they are doing it as far as Almighty Allah(swt) and Mohammed Rosululahi(saw) is the only name they are calling and the Kitabul' Kareem is the only Book they are using and they never transgress!

If they are using more than that , I won't partake in the one I'm not convinced and Laqum dinukum , Wali ya deen

also,

What baffled me among some sufis is how the pedigree of their Sheikhs were raised more than that of Mohammed(saw) attimes we hold our Head and Beat our Chest ..... Some says sheikh has precided over their solaat and saum and all they need to do is some ''modi'u''

Truly Truth stands clear from Error ,

we have Sunnis, Shias, Wahabis,Salafists etc who are only there for missions other than Allah, and deep beneath an Ideology you are fighting for, coupled with Hadiths/sunnah you put forth as proofs, were just Bid'ah i.e the ill conception of a man/group of men covering their illicit tracks using Islam

Islam is simple as 'ABC' and it has just five pillars and righteousness!

If u contend with any of the Pillars and what ''righteousness'' should all be then ''Inallaha Bi aqamil Hakimin'' and surely before that if you transgress The constitution of the land shall catch up with you before that of Allah(swt)
Shikena !
Re: The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
BetaThings:
Excellent observation but sadly that reality is that NOTHING can bridge that divide

Look at the evidence, how many sectarian posts do you see on NL?
How many are attributable to which side
Do a count, what is the per head abusive and curse words
Who is guilty?

The divide has been done right from time and it is all part of the tactics of Shaytan and its agents : which to me is never a big deal to me !

The Malaikas already foresee all this and brought-forth their comments but ''Allahu ahlam ala quli shein''

I joined some Torikas when I wanted to get closer to Allah and from brother's insistence that I join .... Then , the program begins till the Sheikh will profess the names of the Grand Shaykh of the Torika than that of Allah and Rosulu ..... I started feeling uncomfortable and left !

Also, the Fight that existed between Sunni and sufis in Unilorin student mosque around 2008/2009 , I was an observant !

Amir ( a sunni) destabilised the supplementary Jam'aah of some alleged ''sufis'' claiming they usually discuss /chitchats in the Ablution arena while He is preciding over solaat only for them to start their own Jama'ah immediately He's done then While the Alleged Sufis were at it (supplementary jam'ah) , the Amir destabilised by bossomly pulling the ''imam'' grin of that solaat ....and telling him ''supplementary Jam'ah has been cancelled infact , some Hadiths were quoted that refuted ''supplementary Jam'ah'' !!

Chaii , Chaiiii grin , the Sufi ignite their red light and The rest na story until the mosque was later shut down and other christains denominations hut were shut down too now, only the Central mosque , Faculty Praying ground and Unilorin Christain Union were allowed !!

I see no reason why some people go overboard while Imparting Religion !!

Imagine someone whom never conquered his own soul declaring Holy war /Jihad on others !!

(1) (Reply)

Pictures In Islam / The Healthy FAST; Tips To A Healthy RAMADAN / A Difficult Question About Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.