Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,784 members, 7,938,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (79500 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by mikkyphp(m): 5:36pm On May 08
Damn, a hole in the floor...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 8:59pm On May 08
mikkyphp:

C'm on man.
Lando pitted under the safety car, thus had fresher tires than Max who had I think 6-7 laps old tires. The lap before the safety car came out, Leclerc & Piastri pitted, and that was what put Lando in the lead. If that didn't happen,.....

Lando Norris was "devastated" to miss out on a maiden Formula 1 win as he and McLaren were left to rue the "wrong decision" to stay out on dry tyres as the Russian GP ended in heavy rain.

But the 21-year-old Briton insisted it had been his call to try and see out the lead he had held for much of the race as those behind pitted for intermediate tyres.

It proved to be a catastrophic error of judgement as the rain intensified, resulting in Norris sliding off track on lap 51 of 53 and Lewis Hamilton - who had remerged 25 seconds behind McLaren after pitting for intermediates - taking his 100th Grand Prix win.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12418919/russian-gp-lando-norris-devastated-to-lose-race-win-as-mclaren-rue-wrong-decision-to-stay-out-in-rain

Unlucky rain. grin

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chris81964(m): 3:20am On May 09
mikkyphp:

Yeah, but contrary to what you feel my opinion is, I'm actually happy Lando won. At least all the trolling he gets will finally stop.
We are all glad he won. He is a really nice person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 5:09pm On May 19
Fell asleep this one.
Thankfully, Monaco is next weekend.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chris81964(m): 4:51pm On May 25
Max had a car that could not deliver. Ferrari and Charles on pole.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chris81964(m): 5:54pm On May 26
Boring race won by Lec.
Piastri and Sainz the other two podium finishers.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 6:07pm On May 26
chris81964:
Boring race won by Lec.
Piastri and Sainz the other two podium finishers.

They ruined Monaco! Over to watch Indy500.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 10:45pm On Jun 09
Awesome race!

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:05am On Jun 10
Verstappen showing his class. Do not let anyone deceive you to suggesting he has the best car out there. He doesn't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 3:37am On Jun 10
A40:
Verstappen showing his class. Do not let anyone deceive you to suggesting he has the best car out there. He doesn't

He kind of does have the best car out there (though Perez might make one want to doubt this fact). He's an awesome driver too, but if you put him in a Hass, I doubt he'd win as much.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 6:18pm On Jun 23
Vamos Lando!

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 9:51am On Jun 25
budaatum:

He kind of does have the best car out there (though Perez might make one want to doubt this fact). He's an awesome driver too, but if you put him in a Hass, I doubt he'd win as much.
Nobody will win in a Haas Mr Man.

Verstappen two races in a row has won without the fastest car showing his class. Plus after watching the last 3 races you have to be very dishonest to claim Max has the best car

Hamilton has not won a race in 3 years and he's not even in a Haas.

Give Max his due. He's coming for all of the records and he's the only one I can see tying or passing Schumacher not Hamilton
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 12:40pm On Jun 25
A40:
Nobody will win in a Haas Mr Man.

Verstappen two races in a row has won without the fastest car showing his class. Plus after watching the last 3 races you have to be very dishonest to claim Max has the best car

Hamilton has not won a race in 3 years and he's not even in a Haas.

Give Max his due. He's coming for all of the records and he's the only one I can see tying or passing Schumacher not Hamilton

No one is not giving Verstappen his dues. He is an awesome driver bo doubt.

When Hamilton was winning we gave him his due too, just now he isn't and I doubt its because his due suddenly disappeared.

When Max too starts getting beat, it wouldn't be because he lost his dues. But I guess I'll wait to hear you tell me what happened when it does.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:49pm On Jun 25
budaatum:

No one is not giving Verstappen his dues. He is an awesome driver bo doubt.

When Hamilton was winning we gave him his due too, just now he isn't and I doubt its because his due suddenly disappeared.

When Max too starts getting beat, it wouldn't be because he lost his dues. But I guess I'll wait to hear you tell me what happened when it does.
Claiming he's still driving the fastest car after watching the past 3-4 races is you not giving him his dues

If Max starts losing I will not make all sorts of excuses like Hamilton fans have been making since he fell off

In my eyes they are not fans of the sport, they are fans of Hamilton. There's a difference
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 3:35pm On Jun 25
A40:

If Max starts losing I will not make all sorts of excuses like Hamilton fans have been making since he fell off.

Would you say Max lost his dues if he stops winning, or would it be his car that lost?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 4:33pm On Jun 25
budaatum:

Would you say Max lost his dues if he stops winning, or would it be his car that lost?
Who said anything about dues

Dude we keep trying to tell y'all 80% of F1 is the car

Y'all are the ones obsessed with trying to give all the credit to the driver

All I'd say is that it's telling that certain people are yet to win a race since 2021 a feat even his inferior teammate has been able to achieve
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 8:05pm On Jun 25
A40:

Who said anything about dues

Dude we keep trying to tell y'all 80% of F1 is the car

Y'all are the ones obsessed with trying to give all the credit to the driver

All I'd say is that it's telling that certain people are yet to win a race since 2021 a feat even his inferior teammate has been able to achieve.

I guess I have to overlook your "Y'all" generalisation since they are based on your lack of knowledge of me. I also think you want to read what you want into what I say so I guess I'd just add to your confusion.

Schumacher winning in Ferrari was 100% Schumacher and Jean Todt and Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne and the guys who changed the tyres and the coffee maker and the team back at Maranello. Replace any one of them and they'd likely have achieved much less, same as if you replaced the Verstappen team with the Ferrari team of last year which suffered lots of wrong strategy calls.

Schumacher was a mechanic, which made his input in the car build invaluable. Verstappen is not a mechanic, but his attitude to his craft is to talk about. Last week he was testing the 2022 car to see how the current car compares. That's a job usually left to a yet to get a contract driver, and shows dedication to his craft.

Do note that Verstappen has had many teammates driving the same car and who haven't done what he has, so he must obviously be bringing some dues same as Hamilton did when he too was winning. Unless you want to argue Bottas is the driver Lewis is or not give Rosberg his dues.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:30am On Jun 27
budaatum:

I guess I have to overlook your "Y'all" generalisation since they are based on your lack of knowledge of me. I also think you want to read what you want into what I say so I guess I'd just add to your confusion.

Schumacher winning in Ferrari was 100% Schumacher and Jean Todt and Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne and the guys who changed the tyres and the coffee maker and the team back at Maranello. Replace any one of them and they'd likely have achieved much less, same as if you replaced the Verstappen team with the Ferrari team of last year which suffered lots of wrong strategy calls.

Schumacher was a mechanic, which made his input in the car build invaluable. Verstappen is not a mechanic, but his attitude to his craft is to talk about. Last week he was testing the 2022 car to see how the current car compares. That's a job usually left to a yet to get a contract driver, and shows dedication to his craft.

Do note that Verstappen has had many teammates driving the same car and who haven't done what he has, so he must obviously be bringing some dues same as Hamilton did when he too was winning. Unless you want to argue Bottas is the driver Lewis is or not give Rosberg his dues.

I don't have time for your verbose tales by moonlight. You're not talking to a rookie F1 fan so save your history lesson. I watched Schumacher when e dey race with Benneton Ford with Mild Seven cigarettes as their sponsor

Abi when Hakkinen and Alonso were beating him he didn't make input or work on his craft?

There's a reason I said 80% of what goes into winning in F1 is the car. The remaining speech and Martin Luther chat you typed is the 20%

A fast and competitive car will always remain the base.

Doesn't make them not great when they begin losing it's just a reminder that success is still more about car than driver.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 7:26pm On Jun 27
I wonder what makes you think I have time for you when its obvious winning multiple championships means great and dues deserved.

A40:

I don't have time for your verbose tales by moonlight. .
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 11:35am On Jun 29
"Spicy. Good result".

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 12:15pm On Jun 30
Hats off to RedBull and Max. It's funny how they allow other teams to think they are catching up and then zoom...off they go!
Its like trying to catch a cheetah while on roller skates. lol

Not gonna happen
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 3:16pm On Jun 30
Lando making it interesting this final few laps. Let's see if Max can hold him off

Piastri zooming past Hamilton grin

The mighty have really fallen
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 3:19pm On Jun 30
Verstappen and Lando puncture their tires shocked

George Russell is going to steal this
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 3:26pm On Jun 30
Norris out. Max 10 second penalty
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 3:47pm On Jun 30
Stupid Max. angry The only due he gets from me for this race is a kick up the backside!

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 8:20am On Jul 05
budaatum:

Stupid Max. angry The only due he gets from me for this race is a kick up the backside!
lol

If you can't win, well, just take the challenger out. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 3:08pm On Jul 05
FBS:

lol

If you can't win, well, just take the challenger out. cheesy

And stupidly risk taking yourself out too?

I'm sure he's now learnt he can't bully Norris.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 3:10am On Jul 06
budaatum:

And stupidly risk taking yourself out too?

I'm sure he's now learnt he can't bully Norris.
More like a calculated risk as he was still able to finish 5th while Norris had nothing.

But yeah, he will now know that Norris ain't no push over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by johnnyholtby(m): 6:24am On Jul 07
Any F1 tv Pro user here? smiley
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 3:14pm On Jul 07
Lol. Norris. Let's see who he blames this time

But boy these Silver Arrows are fast as hell.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 3:44pm On Jul 07
Damn. Norris leading. Red Bull looking like molue out there
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 4:17pm On Jul 07
Hamilton now leading. Grand stand finish upon us

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (Reply)

Meet Julie Pinnick, NFF President Amaju Pinnick’s Wife / Eight Retired Footballers Who Never Received A Single Red Card In Their Career / Qatar's 2022 World Cup 'diamond In The Desert' Stadium Completed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.