Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,757 members, 7,921,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:08 AM

Is Restitution A Must After Repentance? Can One Possibly Restore All? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Restitution A Must After Repentance? Can One Possibly Restore All? (1084 Views)

Is Restitution A Must For Christians? / Age Falsification: How Do I Make Restitution? / Restitution: A Bitter Pill To Swallow! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Restitution A Must After Repentance? Can One Possibly Restore All? by jiorhemen(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
I have heard that restitution makes repentance genuine. Is restitution a must when one repents. If so, what about some things you may not be able to restore e.g: a money stolen from someone about 5 years ago and you don't even know where the fellow is now. Is it possible for a repentant armed robber to restore all he has stolen, when he can't even remember all his or her victims. What about the things taken but can't be returned? For example, how can one restore a Nokia 3310 that was stolen years back from someone you don't know. Surely, even if found, the owner won't have any value for it any more.
Re: Is Restitution A Must After Repentance? Can One Possibly Restore All? by raptureready: 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Restitution is definitely a sign of genuine repentance.

Basically you are restoring whatever belongs to someone else that you still have. Even a simple apology.

If you sincerely no longer have it, well you cannot restore what you do not have. A simple apology should hopefully suffice.

If you sincerely can no longer reach the individual(s), you are encouraged to restore it to God.

In all things restitution, wisdom is required. See a genuine servant of God for counseling before proceeding with difficult or sensitive cases, especially if it involves someone else.
jiorhemen: I have heard that restitution makes repentance genuine. Is restitution a must when one repents. If so, what about some things you may not be able to restore e.g: a money stolen from someone about 5 years ago and you don't even know where the fellow is now. Is it possible for a repentant armed robber to restore all he has stolen, when he can't even remember all his or her victims. What about the things taken but can't be returned? For example, how can one restore a Nokia 3310 that was stolen years back from someone you don't know. Surely, even if found, the owner won't have any value for it any more.
Re: Is Restitution A Must After Repentance? Can One Possibly Restore All? by emmyskies(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Yes. Restitution is a must. And it is possible to do all restitutions. It will suprise you how the Holy Spirit will remind you of almost all necessary restitutions you have to make. As many as He reminds you, do them. The ones you don't remember, hand over to the Lord and pray the Lord forgive you of them all. BUT AS MANY AS YOU REMEMBER, DO ALL. Take a book and pen and write as many as the Holy Spirit reminds you. Anyone you do, you mark or cancel out. So you won't forget after reminded by the Spirit. I am a living testimony to this. GOD bless you all

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Christian Population / Ayo Oritsejafor Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In SA / Help!!! I Am A Muslim. There Is No God But Allah And Muhammed Is His Messenger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.