Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,323 members, 7,974,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:28 PM

What Is The Meaning Of "KWARA" From Kwara State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Meaning Of "KWARA" From Kwara State? (3651 Views)

Why Do Fulanis from Kwara Like Adopting Yoruba Names: Like Kolapo And Bukola / Convoy Of Kwara's First-Lady Killed Lagos Community Leader- Saharareporters. / Killer Of Kwara Commissioner Of Police Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of "KWARA" From Kwara State? by Miner13: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Still wondering what the meaning of kwara is.
several time I think of it personally and others cases I asked people around me.
yet no clear meaning was given.

The question are:-

1). Was the state named out of confusion?
2). Is it an Arabic name?.
3). Is a Fulani or hausa name? and lastly
4).or the igbomina dialect?

Your contributions are essential.

Thank you all
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "KWARA" From Kwara State? by santakris(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
The name take its meaning from the name of a river in kogi state.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "KWARA" From Kwara State? by tobtap: 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Miner13: Still wondering what the meaning of kwara is.
several time I think of it personally and others cases I asked people around me.
yet no clear meaning was given.

The question are:-

1). Was the state named out of confusion?
2). Is it an Arabic name?.
3). Is a Fulani or hausa name? and lastly
4).or the igbomina dialect?

Your contributions are essential.

Thank you all
kwara is the name of river niger in the baruten/nupe dialect
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "KWARA" From Kwara State? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
I tried google, but no useful result! Somebody told me that Kwara is an hausa word which means palm, as in palm trees!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of "KWARA" From Kwara State? by suwailad(f): 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
If i see this topic on fp then i'll know nl has nothing to offer,so many lame issues making fp.are nairalanders tired already?

(1) (Reply)

Fr Mbaka Backs Ekweremadu To Return To Senate! / Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each / Where Is This In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.