Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,980 members, 7,927,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 05:18 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (232318 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 1:18am On Jul 25, 2014
egbaguy: General Siriusblack........we shudnt give a fvck what anybody thinks. This is WAR,u dnt av to be politically correct!!!! This bastards are heartless and brutal. Imagine d children in sambissa 'city',do u think dey will grow up to become responsible? When USA invaded iraq et al,everyone made noise,did dey listen,no. They did wat dey had to do. Nigeria is too 'gentle' with these bastards. When d US did d hiroshima,did AI kill USA? ANY way is a way in diz war against BH

What is the state of iraq today ...the way the Us handled the war gave birth to Isis iraq is now like a failed state

See u r talking like someone that watches american film this is nt a movie lives are at stake here

U also dnt want the army to make more enemies by aving more sympathisers to BH cos they killed their children or innocent civilians

Yelse there will be collateral damage bt d NA must try and minimize dem

Dnt forget that it was how the police killed boko haram leader in broad day light that gave birth to so many sympathisers and followers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 1:32am On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: Through rain, through sunshine...Night and day..
Nigerian Army battalion advancing through marshes of the Sambisa Games Reserve.

Wow sad pix how do u guys survive snakes bite and wild animals

I also heard boko haram facing d same challenges in sambisa
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Curlieweed: 4:48am On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: I'm not pro-GEJ or pro APC, as I have little time for ghana-must-go politics, still I'm 100percent loyal to the President..and will die for him if necessary, but I'm not his supporter....I think the oppostion's behaviour in all of this has been very shameful...Every single time a bomb goes off, it is an opportunity for finger-pointing and attacks on the government...What will they have the man do?! He just requested for USD1bn and they are pushing against it...is that not sick? What could a president have done that he has not done in the area of defence? Instead of pointing fingers at the same people who were pro-BH when BH was bombing churches..the same people who had the guts to say that the State of Emergency is not needed..same people who refused to call their supporters into order when they were killing corpers after an election loss...the same people who created the Boko haram sect in the early 2000s in the first place...the same people who were caught red-handed with phone logs to BH insurgents!..Red-handed..Is anyone still asking me who BH's sponsors are? I have a lot of respect for the General, but, right now he is sorrounded by murderers..Nigerians, let's turn our anger towards the Modu-Sherrifs, the informant senator, the anti-FG governors, the pro-BH sheikhs, and the clowns at CAN...this country is at war...don't let anyone decieve you..this is a civil War...There is no time for APC vs PDP jargons while slave raiders keep killing men, women and children...It is time to put our ethnic differences behind us and work together as ONE to end this madness...A boko haram bomb does not care what village you are from...they are ENEMIES OF THE STATE. Or is it when I start uploading photos of dead villagers? A year old baby was cut in half and hung on a pike, by the bastards...same bastards that Amnesty International calls "Victims of Poverty"...I wept for days for the child...Are Nigerians thinking?! Sitting in the comfort of their homes in Lagos and Abuja watching DSTV? This is a time for unity...our politicians keep planting the seed of discord among us and we keep taking the bait!...You don't have to be pro-GEJ to support the Government's fight against this madness!! Nigerians wake up!

Thanks, bro. Your words are not only very true but heartfelt because you're putting your life where your mouth is unlike the usual idle civilian "critics".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by adeyemik: 7:00am On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: I'm not pro-GEJ or pro APC, as I have little time for ghana-must-go politics, still I'm 100percent loyal to the President..and will die for him if necessary, but I'm not his supporter....I think the oppostion's behaviour in all of this has been very shameful...Every single time a bomb goes off, it is an opportunity for finger-pointing and attacks on the government...What will they have the man do?! He just requested for USD1bn and they are pushing against it...is that not sick? What could a president have done that he has not done in the area of defence? Instead of pointing fingers at the same people who were pro-BH when BH was bombing churches..the same people who had the guts to say that the State of Emergency is not needed..same people who refused to call their supporters into order when they were killing corpers after an election loss...the same people who created the Boko haram sect in the early 2000s in the first place...the same people who were caught red-handed with phone logs to BH insurgents!..Red-handed..Is anyone still asking me who BH's sponsors are? I have a lot of respect for the General, but, right now he is sorrounded by murderers..Nigerians, let's turn our anger towards the Modu-Sherrifs, the informant senator, the anti-FG governors, the pro-BH sheikhs, and the clowns at CAN...this country is at war...don't let anyone decieve you..this is a civil War...There is no time for APC vs PDP jargons while slave raiders keep killing men, women and children...It is time to put our ethnic differences behind us and work together as ONE to end this madness...A boko haram bomb does not care what village you are from...they are ENEMIES OF THE STATE. Or is it when I start uploading photos of dead villagers? A year old baby was cut in half and hung on a pike, by the bastards...same bastards that Amnesty International calls "Victims of Poverty"...I wept for days for the child...Are Nigerians thinking?! Sitting in the comfort of their homes in Lagos and Abuja watching DSTV? This is a time for unity...our politicians keep planting the seed of discord among us and we keep taking the bait!...You don't have to be pro-GEJ to support the Government's fight against this madness!! Nigerians wake up!

@SirisuBlack,

Posterity would have alot to say about you positively. Gallant soldier!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by hybeenoni: 7:02am On Jul 25, 2014
@ oga sirius black u hv rilli distinguishd urslf as an unbiased Nigerian despite d harsh conditions u guys r facing ova there, u stil find tym to inform Nigerians abt happenings there. Wat sm pple fail to realise is dt informatn is power nd if a nation fails to inform her pple abt happenings around them, such pple r bound to belive wateva story they get, whether true or false!
More grease to ur elbow nd may allah in his infinite mercy continue to protect u guys as u strive to defend d Nation (Ameen)

To hajia Nafeesa son ki nake amma secretly

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by juman(m): 7:23am On Jul 25, 2014
Government\military lacks the capacity to stop boko haram.

A country of 54 years but in total mess.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Tyche(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2014
NafeesaAA:

Toh don mai zaka zo kana zuba karya kamar ba gobe ?

grin grin grin

Allah ya ba ke hakuri
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2014
hybeenoni:

grin grin grin ya kana son ta secretely ne? Kuma hahiya ta ishuru kawey
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2014
Nigerian Army...Frontlines of the Noth East.

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerian Army...Frontlines of the Noth East.

Is that an IFV or APC or just a tank?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2014
Tyche:

grin grin grin

Allah ya ba ke hakuri

Werin dis ones they talk sef

Me sef make i talk my own

Ni hao chin chu nakata kiki chi cha chun

Oya make una intreprete dt one angry
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by idu1(m): 9:50am On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: Let me tell you something only about 1percent of Nigerians know.....Sambisa is more of a "city"...Boko camps are filled with families...they have internal governments in camps, camp chiefs, islamic schools for arabic learning for their kids, organised social structures and so on...BH camps in sambisa are not just bushes filled with jobless gun-totting youths, If the army decides to do the Hiroshima treatment, assuming we have air assets for that, imagine the reaction of BH closet sympathisers like Amnesty International, SaharaReporters, and one Sheikh who we all know......What we need to do is to make sure that every terrorist convoy that heads out of Sambisa does not come back smiling...inside Sambisa are children.....who didn't choose their fathers............
i like this sirius guy no homo. He is an educated soldier.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by CyberTerrorist: 9:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Following this thread with great interest..
Good job General Sirius..I see you becoming COAS in the future ..God is your strength..though some Nigerians underrate you guys out there but I wanna let you know and assure you that greater population of the country are behind you guys..we will surely win this war..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by LordMecuzy(m): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2014
The Best Thread Ever to exist on NAIRALAND

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by xterra2(m): 10:18am On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: Pls don't bring your BH P.R here..Nonsense.
Look its not BH PR, personally they have killed 3 people close to me, and have injured about 5, am aware they did the same to your friends also, we have one thing in common : To see the end of this mofos angry

But one thing i do NOT like is the constant lies by the Army, try and visit Twitter and see people's reaction no one believes DHQ statement's anymore, remember initially they claimed they freed the Chibok girls, and the soldiers allegations of damaging BRT buses in Lagos was perhaps the last straw, people do NOT believe and have no faith in the Army, which by all indications are beyond incompetent.
Even TY Danjuma said they have an edge, someone of his caliber can't be dishing out words, without facts and reason.
Now of course this is a guerrilla warfare and it is not easy but perhaps what annoys Nigerians is the way the Army goes about it, and the usual PR (lies) , they lie to cover their incompetency, am sure you have doubts about the way the Army is handling this war

Am on your side, but am not blinded, i try and see the incompetency in the Army, and would commend them if there's something to commend, i hope the National Assembly approves the loan ASAP, am aware it is a government to government loan, the money won't be given to the Govt similar way Venezuela uses loan from Russia to buy defense equipment, and frankly if any National Assembly member opposes it on the floor, then they might be BH sponsors, or are benefiting from it
We need to arm up cool

I look forward to the day you would post images of the operation that led to Shekau's,his commanders, and his foot soldiers capture
P.S God would bless you for your work and keep posting ignore the haters , wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Tyche(m): 10:58am On Jul 25, 2014
femikay149:

Werin dis ones they talk sef

Me sef make i talk my own

Ni hao chin chu nakata kiki chi cha chun

Oya make una intreprete dt one angry

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2014
signz:

Is that an IFV or APC or just a tank?

That's a BTR-3U. It's an IFV. It carriers a 30mm as it's primary weapon, and a GPMG or a 50 CAL as it's secondary weapon.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2014
xterra2:
Look its not BH PR, personally they have killed 3 people close to me, and have injured about 5, am aware they did the same to your friends also, we have one thing in common : To see the end of this mofos angry

But one thing i do NOT like is the constant lies by the Army, try and visit Twitter and see people's reaction no one believes DHQ statement's anymore, remember initially they claimed they freed the Chibok girls, and the soldiers allegations of damaging BRT buses in Lagos was perhaps the last straw, people do NOT believe and have no faith in the Army, which by all indications are beyond incompetent.
Even TY Danjuma said they have an edge, someone of his caliber can't be dishing out words, without facts and reason.
Now of course this is a guerrilla warfare and it is not easy but perhaps what annoys Nigerians is the way the Army goes about it, and the usual PR (lies) , they lie to cover their incompetency, am sure you have doubts about the way the Army is handling this war

Am on your side, but am not blinded, i try and see the incompetency in the Army, and would commend them if there's something to commend, i hope the National Assembly approves the loan ASAP, am aware it is a government to government loan, the money won't be given to the Govt similar way Venezuela uses loan from Russia to buy defense equipment, and frankly if any National Assembly member opposes it on the floor, then they might be BH sponsors, or are benefiting from it
We need to arm up cool

I look forward to the day you would post images of the operation that led to Shekau's,his commanders, and his foot soldiers capture
P.S God would bless you for your work and keep posting ignore the haters , wink
Ok..Ok....apologies for my language...But I refuse to accept that the N.A is incompetent...The Domboa issue is off limits for me but..the truth is that, trying to capture a fortified position without aerial recon and Air support is suicide...The army is simply not fully equipped to par...Domboa will fall...and I will post pics from the FINAL battle...But ill tell you the truth, the SaharaReporters story was riddled with inaccuracies...that I won't point out here...
We will WIN.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Henry120:

That's a BTR-3U. It's an IFV. It carriers a 30mm as it's primary weapon, and a GPMG or a 50 CAL as it's secondary weapon.

Is it a new acquisition? I ask because i thought we dont have IFVs

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2014
LordMecuzy: The Best Thread Ever to exist on NAIRALAND

Unarguably the best

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by johnstin(m): 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: This thread's only concern is the Army's military campaign...What you are talking about is more of DSS work..The army can't track down Terrorist sleeper cells in Kaduna, Lagos and Abuja...that is simply not the Army's job...The SSS has its duty..whether or not its doing that, that's for the SSS to decide..not the army.

I have no choice than to break my silence at this juncture and drop a comment.

Your lucid writing style and composure in the face of unwarranted provocative remarks is enviable.

I'm equally impressed with your sagacity. You are indeed very versed in military tactics. I pray you emerge as the COAS in the future.

My contribution to this awesome thread: Ak47s should be phased out in the Army for two reasons- the 30 rounds a typical Ak-47 magazine can accomodate isn't ideal for long gun battles and the relatively short effective engagement range of about 250 meters the assault rifle has, makes it inappropriate for long range engagement.

Rifles like Hk416, M16A or better still, new variants of the AK, should replace the old school Ak-47 rifles.

GOD bless and protect you and the other troops on the frontlines.

Majority of us here are enjoying the thread, so more bullets to ur assault rifle. Pls keep on firing more pictures onto the thread.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
johnstin:

Your lucid writing style and composure in the face of unwarranted provocative remarks is enviable.

I'm equally impressed with your sagacity. You are indeed very versed in military tactics. I pray you emerge as the COAS in the future.

My contribution to this awesome thread: Ak47s should be phased out in the Army for two reasons- the 30 rounds a typical Ak-47 magazine can accomodate isn't ideal for long gun battles and the relatively short effective engagement range of about 250 meters the assault rifle has, makes it inappropriate for long range engagement.

Rifles like Hk416, M16A or better still, new variants of the AK, should replace the old school Ak-47 rifles.

Majority of us here are enjoying the thread, so more bullets to ur assault rifle. Pls keep on firing more pictures onto the thread.

Thank you.
well.if d army can get d Ak 12.dat rifle is just to sexy
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
johnstin:

Thank you.
even Hk416 u quoted has equal maximum range of 400 metre with automatic Ak47
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
signz:

Is it a new acquisition? I ask because i thought we dont have IFVs

Thanks

We have everything. The problem we have is, we buy in insignificant numbers. We bought 50 BTR-3U during OBJ's regime from ukraine. We require at-least 400 IFVs for the military.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Henry120:

We have everything. The problem we have is, we buy in insignificant numbers. We bought 50 BTR-3U during OBJ's regime from ukraine. We require at-least 400 IFVs for the military.

Thanks wink
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
Siezed Boko Haram "Technical"...Coated in mud for camouflage against NAF airstrikes.
Frontlines of the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tunjilana: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Outa my hood, forward looking
I lace my boot and splatter water on my face
Two shots of kain kain to awaken the dan’iska in me.
Baggage on my back, dirty flag on my right hand
I am Nigerian, I am Nigeria, alive to who I am

I hit the street, to fight my battles
Knocking on doors, awakening spirits
170 million converts to garner
From the sultan’s palace in sokoto
To the Obanema of Otuoke’s seat

Millions willing to clean up their flags
And wave it so high to towering heights
Higher than religious divides and ethnicity
Higher than the sound of animosity and hatred
Higher than segregation and subjugation

I walk along the tracks
Screaming out to volunteers
The quee is getting longer
Cut your chains!
Come alive for your country!

This is our country
There is no taking it away
We live for it and our children will!
It’s no mantra, it’s no slogan
It’s the voice of 170 million

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by adeyemik: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: Siezed Boko Haram "Technical"...Coated in mud for camouflage against NAF airstrikes.
Frontlines of the North East.

Haba, these 'technicals' get disappearing and reappearing sense ooo. The good this is that the NA guys are wiser. Good good job, wishing you more discovery and most especially the giant trophy - Shekau's head.

March on my gallant soldiers, victory is yours and ours.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Happywoman(f): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2014

- siriusblack

Epic

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
hybeenoni:

no homo
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
SiriusBlack: .But I refuse to accept that the N.A is incompetent....the truth is that, trying to capture a fortified position without aerial recon and Air support is suicide...The army is simply not fully equipped to par...

what is artillery for?
Do they not have Gen. Shuwa Mohammed's 1 Division civil war playbook?

1) Advance,
2) Receive fire?
3) Hunker down or retreat
4) Call in artillery
5) Advance again

Invading fortified Japanese occupied islands, the US used the guns of their warships to soften the Jap positions.

There is more to the NE campaign than meets the eye.

Is BH embedded in the town and ready to defend it?
Then the NA should be singing for joy!

1) Create a perimeter round the town
2) Drop leaflets in ajami and other local languages asking civilians to leave
3) "clear" the town house by house.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
tit:

what is artillery for?
Do they not have Gen. Shuwa Mohammed's 1 Division civil war playbook?

1) Advance,
2) Receive fire?
3) Hunker down or retreat
4) Call in artillery
5) Advance again

Invading fortified Japanese occupied islands, the US used the guns of their warships to soften the Jap positions.

There is more to the NE campaign than meets the eye.

Is BH embedded in the town and ready to defend it?
Then the NA should be singing for joy!

1) Create a perimeter round the town
2) Drop leaflets in ajami and other local languages asking civilians to leave
3) "clear" the town house by house.
Ill pardon your ignorance...Domboa is a town..not some bush you can just shell...most of the civilians there have fled..
Still, you can't just shell a town because enemies are there...war is inseperable from politics..don't be naïve...We boast of one of the largest Artillery systems in Africa...It doesn't cost the N.A to shell the town to dust...but imagine the political firestorm if we destroy the livelihoods of people living there...check page 0, I posted a phot of Artillery units shelling fleeing insurgents...you think we can't do that? Military tactics is not always as it looks in movies...

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (73) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.