Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

Experience Needed In Nigeria To Qualify You For Public Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experience Needed In Nigeria To Qualify You For Public Office (713 Views)

APC Wants Obanikoro Banned From Public Office, Adesiyan Sacked As Minister / El-Rufai Wants Keshi, Emenike In APC To Run For Public Office / Resumption Date For Public & Private Schools Nationwide Postponed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience Needed In Nigeria To Qualify You For Public Office by Fhemmmy: 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2008
I have seen so many posts on NL about how someone is not qualified enuf to be in politics.
DAPLAM said he was in union at University and helped installing Local Chairman.
The Current Ambassador of Nigeria to Canada has Ph.D in Theatre Arts.
Never heard too much about Fashola before becoming the Gov of Lagos and yet, he has been doing a good jobs, says the people.
Is it just enuf to bribe the kings and king makers.
Let us discuss this, how do we chose those that leads us, who is bankole before becoming the speaker of the House.
OBJ is grooming his daughter to rule Ogun state.
Re: Experience Needed In Nigeria To Qualify You For Public Office by deor03(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2008
The truth is that we have not started playing politics in Nigeria.

Experience has nothing to do with becoming a political office holder.

All you need is to have a God father.

Just show me one political office holder who does not Have a Godfather in Nigeria.

There are thousands of Obamas and Clintons that WILL never be local government chairmen talk less of Governor of a state. At best they will just be Head of their families.
Re: Experience Needed In Nigeria To Qualify You For Public Office by Jakumo(m): 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2008
Governor Fashola SAN is an attorney by profession, and he is by far the most articulate and engaging speaker of the English language that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing ANYWHERE on this planet, but beyond that, he is also the ONLY governor of Lagos State to undertake a massive clean-up of that sprawling metropolis, to name but one out of many innovative and positive changes the man has brought about. 

Fashola for President
Re: Experience Needed In Nigeria To Qualify You For Public Office by bawomolo(m): 2:22am On Oct 08, 2008
Nigerian politicians should be forced to prove themselves before elected into high profile positions. that would help minimize nepotism and godfatherism.
Re: Experience Needed In Nigeria To Qualify You For Public Office by landis(m): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2008
Governor Fashola SAN is an attorney by profession, and he is by far the most articulate and engaging speaker of the English language that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing ANYWHERE on this planet,

that's why he wont peform much.

Fashola is not an english man but Yoruba man.

Lagosians are not english but Nigerias; Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa etc.

To solve the problem, you got to talk to them in their own(mother) language, please it has nothing to do with mastery of english language.
Re: Experience Needed In Nigeria To Qualify You For Public Office by Fhemmmy: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2008
I am just surprised to see how people runs for office in Nigeria, you will see someone that has nothing to offer the nation spread some naira around and yet people will vote for him or rig him in.
Even some of the God father, what qualifies them as one apart from money and moving with people at the top.

landis:

that's why he wont peform much.

Fashola is not an english man but Yoruba man.

Lagosians are not english but Nigerias; Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa etc.

To solve the problem, you got to talk to them in their own(mother) language, please it has nothing to do with mastery of english language.

My Guy, lagos state is Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba and other tribes that aint common, however, you will agree that English is the official language in Nigeria and especially in lagos, or you mean for someone to be a governor,the person needs to first learn the 3 other languages?
Like i said, i am yet to see what the guy is doing, but i heard, he is doing great.

(1) (Reply)

Obama And Mccain Debate / Mccain, Obama Trade Barbs In Town Hall Debate / Hmmmmm! Can We Have A Better Nigeria…: I Doubt It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.