Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:12 AM

Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers (19986 Views)

How Do You Make Your Own Money Online? Internet Marketers Lets Chat / My Top 8 Internet Marketers In Nigeria That You Need To Know / How To Use Paypal In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by dottywotty: 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Guys I'm having difficulty in exchanging my PayPal funds to Naira.
The introduction of PayPal in Nigeria has lead to low demand of Paypal fund request by Nigerians since they can now easily make payment via their Nigeria PayPal account which is linked to a debit card.
Although, a nigerian paypal account can make payment to merchants, but it cannot send money to any other PayPal account.
Also, it cannot receive payments let alone withdraw to bank/debit card. What this means is that money only goes out of our economy but cannot return through same process. lipsrsealed

Now what's the way forward for online workers and internet marketers who have PayPal funds and want to withdraw/exchange.

Is the introduction of PayPal in Nigerian a Blessing, Curse or not Economically friendly?

I need your opinion/assistance.

9 Likes

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
They knew what they was doing when they finally allowed paypal in nigeria,they knew nigerians are scamgerians,so it took em time to think and re-think before they could let paypal thrive here with so much restrictions and in their favour...do we use paypal? Yes!! Can a nigerian receive fund through paypal? No!,Only if our leaders could think like these people until then its still gonna be captivity of negativity

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by dottywotty: 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
aaronson: They knew what they was doing when they finally allowed paypal in nigeria,they knew nigerians are scamgerians,so it took em time to think and re-think before they could let paypal thrive here with so much restrictions and in their favour...do we use paypal? Yes!! Can a nigerian receive fund through paypal? No!,Only if our leaders could think like these people until then its still gonna be captivity of negativity
You have a point. I think they did this intentionally and if the government don't look into this loophole in our economy it will have a devastating effect over time.
Some are of the opinion that PayPal will eventually allow nigerans receive payment , but I doubt if PayPal will allow such knowing fully well the negative effect it will cause them.

2 Likes

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by texaco1: 8:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
First of all it is a matter of time before they will start allowing nigerians rto receive ,this is the same way they started in many countries. They. Are still perfecting their system here and looking to see how Nigerians accept them,if the figures are encouraging then why won't they allow receive it. Imagine 1million nigerians having paypal account ,definitely like 50k will be receiving. Cash that means more comission for them . We are always in a rush but the white man doesn't rush they always like to do their findings very well. For internet marketers , u will have to be flexible and adapt to the new change,I think an avenue of change is helping ppl create online stores . There will definitely be an increase of demand for this when the paypal receiving option is enabled . cing!

17 Likes

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by arbitrage: 9:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Go to CashLander.com to buy and sell your funds at N195 and N150 respectively.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by dottywotty: 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
texaco1: First of all it is a matter of time before they will start allowing nigerians rto receive ,this is the same way they started in many countries. They. Are still perfecting their system here and looking to see how Nigerians accept them,if the figures are encouraging then why won't they allow receive it. Imagine 1million nigerians having paypal account ,definitely like 50k will be receiving. Cash that means more comission for them . We are always in a rush but the white man doesn't rush they always like to do their findings very well. For internet marketers , u will have to be flexible and adapt to the new change,I think an avenue of change is helping ppl create online stores . There will definitely be an increase of demand for this when the paypal receiving option is enabled . cing!
You really think Paypal will allow nigerians receive payments?
Perhaps paypal may eventually allow nigerians but i bet it will take a very long time or they may even abort the plan due to how some Nigerians will abuse this current one.

11 Likes

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by dottywotty: 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
arbitrage: Go to CashLander.com to buy and sell your funds at N195 and N150 respectively.
Cool site. I sent you a mail

1 Like

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by texaco1: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
dottywotty:
You really think Paypal will allow nigerians to receive payments?
What can you say about India with over 1 billion in population yet paypal for some years is yet to enabled them to receive from other country paypal account. They can only receive from indian account.
Perhaps paypal may eventually allow nigerians but i bet it will take a very long time or they may even abort the plan due to how some Nigerians will abuse this current one.
you see ,the kind of money paypal will make in nigeria they can't make it anywhere else in africa , the only thing is each market or should I say each countru. Has its own peculiar nature, western union had to develop a method of transaction for the nigerian market which is ttotally different from that which they use in togo or ghana . As for the indian market,whether through bank or card they still receive paypal. I believe paypal are devising a way of introducing receive now option remember they just started receiving option too for kenya not long ago but with a method and that is only one bank was allowed to receive. Then chy you have to look at the financial law of each country ,each country has its own financial regulations . But believe me paypal is in nigeria to make money and they would exploit that market to the fullest

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by dottywotty: 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
texaco1: you see ,the kind of money paypal will make in nigeria they can't make it anywhere else in africa , the only thing is each market or should I say each countru. Has its own peculiar nature, western union had to develop a method of transaction for the nigerian market which is ttotally different from that which they use in togo or ghana . As for the indian market,whether through bank or card they still receive paypal. I believe paypal are devising a way of introducing receive now option remember they just started receiving option too for kenya not long ago but with a method and that is only one bank was allowed to receive. Then chy you have to look at the financial law of each country ,each country has its own financial regulations . But believe me paypal is in nigeria to make money and they would exploit that market to the fullest
Great point, but you seem not to be bothered about the Nigerian factor.
Kenya is seen quite differently from Nigeria if you know what I mean. Nigeria is in its own league when it comes to the internet and so needs special consideration/precaution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by lakefist(m): 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
dottywotty:
What can you say about India with over 1 billion in population yet for some years paypal is yet to enabled them receive from another country's paypal account. They can only receive from indian account.
indians can receive money but only through goods and services option, family and friends disabled
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by legalwealth(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2014
dottywotty: Guys I'm having difficulty in exchanging my PayPal funds to Naira.
The introduction of PayPal in Nigeria has lead to low demand of Paypal fund request by Nigerians since they can now easily make payment via their Nigeria PayPal account which is linked to a debit card.
Although, a nigerian paypal account can make payment to merchants, but it cannot send money to any other PayPal account.
Also, it cannot receive payments let alone withdraw to bank/debit card. What this means is that money only goes out of our economy but cannot return through same process. lipsrsealed

Now what's the way forward for online workers and internet marketers who have PayPal funds and want to withdraw/exchange.

Is the introduction of PayPal in Nigerian a Blessing, Curse or not Economically friendly?

I need your opinion/assistance.

It is a great plus my brother!
PayPal allows Nigerians to open USA PayPal setting their Nationality as Nigeria.
You can also withdraw from your USA PayPal account.

N.B:PayPal allows an individual to have two personal accounts which means you can use your real name to open your Nigeria PayPal and as well use it to open your USA PayPal account that has all PayPal features.

You can read How To Open 80% Rated USA Verified Paypal Account Using Nigeria As Nationality from HERE

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by oladayo042: 11:02am On Jul 08, 2014
dottywotty:
What can you say about India with over 1 billion in population yet for some years paypal is yet to enabled them receive from another country's paypal account. They can only receive from indian account.
The Indian case is because of the strict financial regulations set by the Reserve Bank of India. Paypal have to abide by the financial regulations of the countries they are operating in. Payoneer also have some restrictions on Indian accounts.
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by LordAdam: 11:37am On Jul 08, 2014
arbitrage: Go to CashLander.com to buy and sell your funds at N195 and N150 respectively.

Used the website for withdrawal. Please check your mail. I've forwarded the details there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by solbash11(m): 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
LordAdam:

Used the website for withdrawal. Please check your mail. I've forwarded the details there.

@ Arbitrage..... You've got an email from me as well. Kindly check your mail and reply back to me soonest.
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by arbitrage: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
LordAdam:

Any feedback?
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by arbitrage: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
solbash11:

@ Arbitrage..... You've got an email from me as well. Kindly check your mail and reply back to me soonest.

Any update?

1 Like

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by solbash11(m): 4:53am On Jul 09, 2014
arbitrage:

Any update?
I'm so pleased with your excellence service. It's been a great pleasure doing business with you.

1 Like

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by Seun(m): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
A verified Nigerian account can send money to other Paypal accounts but cannot receive money from them... I've sent money at least once.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Seun:
A verified Nigerian account can send money to other Paypal accounts but cannot receive money from them... I've sent money at least once.

I believed you mean other non-nigerian paypal accounts. If otherwise you are contradicting yourself.
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by Seun(m): 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
kingphemy: I believed you mean other non-nigerian paypal accounts.
A Nigerian paypal account cannot receive money, and that's the reason why you can't send money to a Nigerian paypal account. Foreigners can't send money to our Paypal accounts either. There is no actual restriction on sending money. You can send money to anyone who can receive.

If otherwise you are contradicting yourself.
I don't think you know what "contradicting yourself" means bro. I'm just saying, "it cannot send money to any other PayPal account." is wrong.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
Seun:
A Nigerian paypal account cannot receive money, and that's the reason why you can't send money to a Nigerian paypal account. Foreigners can't send money to our Paypal accounts either. There is no actual restriction on sending money. You can send money to anyone who can receive.

I don't think you know what "contradicting yourself" means bro. I'm just saying, "it cannot send money to any other PayPal account." is wrong.

Well gotta say you are right.

I do know what contradicting yourself means though. But out of context in this instance.
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by Jackson333(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
A similar article has once been published here on Nairaland about How Paypal Nigeria Is Closing Businesses Of Nigerian Internet Entrpreneurs

https://www.nairaland.com/1808660/how-paypal-nigeria-closing-businesses
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by georgeric38: 2:15am On Apr 15, 2016
This is the whole reason why I use a PayPal account in the USA. They tend to be easier to manage.
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by Daniel058(m): 6:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Can send but not receive, I no dey log in to mine again
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by yomalex(m): 6:50am On Apr 15, 2016
Hmm paypal
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by fr3do(m): 6:52am On Apr 15, 2016
Curse
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by driand(m): 6:56am On Apr 15, 2016
Both,
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by godoluwa(m): 6:56am On Apr 15, 2016
USELESS
Re: Paypal In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse To Internet Marketers by ogawisdom(m): 6:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Supposed to b blessing but ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Money From Debtors Without Involving The Police? / NUBIFIE Shuts Down Heritage Bank Headquarters In Lagos Over Mass Sack / New Bank Promoters Must Disclose Sources Of Fund – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.