Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,124 members, 7,896,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:13 PM

After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain (828 Views)

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by Cayon(f): 4:53am On Oct 08, 2008
well well, Obama drove the last nail in McCain's coffin

Its over for McCain
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by SeanT21(f): 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2008
I was not impressed with either. Obama still did have some good points.

I know I was not the only one that heard McCain call Obama "That Man". LMAO!!!Where is the respect.
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by BigB11(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2008
I know I was not the only one that heard McCain call Obama "That Man".

"That man" would have been better, but the little hornless bull (McCain) called Obama "That one".
It was so pitiful, at one point I started to feel so bad for McCain. He's absolutely out of touch and represents an obsolete product.

When I look at Obama, I see iPod, but when I look at McCain, I only see a defective 8 track cartridge player.
Seriously, I think America deserves something current, promising and stable; it is obvious to all that McCain is opposite to all these things.
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by toshmann(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2008
what matters is the votes on nov 4th. america will not, repeat, will not elect a black man into the white house in 2008.
mark my words cool
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by SeanT21(f): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2008
toshmann:

what matters is the votes on nov 4th. america will not, repeat, will not elect a black man into the white house in 2008.
mark my words cool

They will Prove You wrong!!!
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by Cayon(f): 12:40am On Oct 10, 2008
toshmann:

mark my words cool
I have mix-feelings. To be honest, there are times I think like you. I think on the day of election (behind the curtain) white folks are going to make color an issue. Then on the other hand I think ppl are fed-up (like me) and need a change.

The man who was a millionair last night and woke up this morning as a pauper - need change
The man who lost his job and was told his job went overseas - need change
Folks who can't afford to pay their mortgages - need change
All these CEOs who are going to get bonuses (even though there is a restriction) while the poor aint getting none - another reason why we need change
The republican had an ALL WHITE convention - We need change
The fact that this pig wearing lipstick (Sarah Palin) targetting middle eastern folks as terrorists and saying Obama is mingling with them - Folks need change
The fact John called Obama that one - folks need change
The way the economy is right now - we all need change

It's obvious after bush's term of failure, death, economic disaster, lies, cover-up, arrogance and dishonor, the USA NEEDS change - that we are colour blind right now.
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by NegroNtns(m): 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2008
@Post

Each one of them offered some responses that is very troubling for me and others like me that are, not default voters, but asking critical questions of the issues tabled by these candidates.

McCain said Government should buyback troubled mortgages on the book from lenders and reappraise them for true value and then re-finance the property based on its true market value but packaged with a workout that makes it affordable for the borrower.

John, this is a noble idea but what's on the lenders' book is overvalued and ballooned sometimes to 50% above the fair market value. Paying off the lender what's on the book is again, rewarding culprits. How is this different from bailing out Wall street?

But then we must ask, what cap should be put on the mortgage buyback? How about those that had just lost their homes under the same merit, how would their case be handled? How about those who have been dilligent in their payments and had to sacrifice other needs just so they would not fall behind in their house notes, what are they to do?

It seems McCain is rewarding irresponsible behavior and punishing accountability. The same mess that got Wall street where it is today, and he wants to extend that now to Main street.

I have issue with that and he needs to clear this up.

Obama said healthcare should be a right.

Barack did not anticipate this question before the debate. If he did he would have answered like McCain did, "it should be a responsibility". There is nothing more evident of extreme liberalism than asking for a right to healthcare in America.

Most often, terms are given meaning and definition in America far differently than in other nations of the world. The way "right" is defined in Nigerian society is totally different than how it is defined in American society.

In America, right is a legal protection that is consistently interpreted nationally under the guidelines of the constitution and it is a guarantee given to an individual assuring him/her that a force or power of influence that otherwise might oppress that individual in ways that makes life and liberty unbearable or intolerable is thereby curtailed and with no net consequence whatsoever to that individual. It is not graded, it is not qualified, it is not quantified, it costs nothing, it is free.

Without the right, it is easy for a tyrannical Government to trample upon the life and liberty of an individual in ways that the person will suffer some resulting consequences.

Obama has a noble vision in demanding something better than what we have but he went to the extreme by wanting to make it a right. In America today there are people by way of rights that have chosen not to be gainfully employed. They are able bodied and healthy in their minds and capacity to earn income but they willingly choose to be counterproductive and live off taxpayers money. Social welfare programs that were intended for eligible and merit cases to get financial, housing, medical aid from government have been abused on the argument of rights. There are people out there that genuinely need to be on welfare but then thare are millions more who do not but they are.

There are millions of workers in this country that could care nothing about their jobs but everyday they still wake up and report for work and its not because of the income, because if they wanted to they could resign from their job and live the bum life, but the single and common reason they stay on is because of the health insurance. If Barack Obama succeeded in making healthcare a right, these workers will troop out of their 8 hr shift grind, go get a medical report qualifying them for social seurity benefits, welfare benefits, section 8 benefits, life insurance benefits, Obama has given them health rights and now why should they have to labour for needs that are provided free. It will become more rewarding to be unemployed than it is to be employed. National productivity will sink.

I have a problem with this and I will like for Obama to clear things up.

Exactly how does he intend to implement a healthcare right and still keep productivity up?
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by toshmann(m): 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2008
Cayon:

It's obvious after bush's term of failure, death, economic disaster, lies, cover-up, arrogance and dishonor, the USA NEEDS change - that we are colour blind right now.

the above conditions are not new. there was economic failure, death, lies, cover-up, arrogance and dishonor in 2004 after bush first term, yet americans chose bush again, b/c kerry was made to look like he is more french than american.

today, they have someone who doesnt even look like them at all and also has a funny name with an arabic middle name. . . . . . think my dear. do you think america is color blind? think again. when they go behind those curtains,mccains words will echo in their mind, they make their decisions and calmly walk out. u guys will be shocked. shocked shocked shocked shocked

get ready for another 8- I2yrs of republican white house.the democrats need to build a more organised party.
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by agaba123(m): 9:39pm On Oct 10, 2008
toshmann:

the above conditions are not new. there was economic failure, death, lies, cover-up, arrogance and dishonor in 2004 after bush first term, yet americans chose bush again, b/c kerry was made to look like he is more french than american.

today, they have someone who doesnt even look like them at all and also has a funny name with an arabic middle name. . . . . . think my dear. do you think america is color blind? think again. when they go behind those curtains,mccains words will echo in their mind, they make their decisions and calmly walk out. u guys will be shocked. shocked shocked shocked shocked

get ready for another 8- I2yrs of republican[b] white house[/b].the democrats need to build a more organised party.
You said white not brown or black house grin grin
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by toshmann(m): 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2008
lol, the foundations of the white house were laid by slaves. after which it was called white house grin
these people sef. grin grin grin
even the congress in capitol hill, slaves worked in all those places
Re: After Tonight's Debate - It's Over For Mccain by agaba123(m): 9:55pm On Oct 10, 2008
and they still called it white house

(1) (Reply)

World Bids Farewell To 'bush-isms' / Tony Blair Testifies About Iraq War to UK Inquiry Panel / Leaked: Us Mastermind Syria Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.