Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,780 members, 7,893,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate (870 Views)

NCC Okays Renewal Of MTN Mobile Licence For N18.8bn / How Would You Advice Me To Spend My Salary(150k) / Starcomms Listing 6.8bn Shares @ N13.65 On Nse. How Viable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
The Managing Director, Ogun State Property and Investment Corporation, Mr. Babajide Odusolu, has said a total sum of N1.8bn will be expended on construction of roads in the industrial and residential areas in Agbara.

Odusolu who’s also a special adviser to the governor on property and investment, said this on Tuesday during a media tour of the areas.

He said, “What we are doing in Agbara industrial estate is an holistic infrastructural development. We are constructing 11 kilometres of roads. Six kilometres in industrial area and another five kilometres to cover the residential area.

“Since the construction began in January, the incidence of having those articulated vehicles bringing raw materials to various industries here tripping due to deplorable state of the roads has stopped.”

Expatiating on the holistic development of the area, Odusolu said since many of the workers in the industries lived in Lagos, the OPIC has commenced construction of mixed housing units to cater to their accommodation needs.

He said, “We have a cluster of 32 units of two-bedroom flats at one area, and each unit cost N7m. We also have a mixed one, that combines two and three-bedrooms. From all this, people can work and live here. That is our target.”

According to Odusolu, the mandate by the Governor of Ogun State was to turn the Industrial Estate to a leading point of attraction for both local and foreign industries in the state.

He explained that about seven industrialists in the area contributed 30 per cent of the total cost on road construction in the industrial section of the area.

A member of technical committee representing the industrialists, Trushar Gajjar, commended the state government for creating enabling environment for the investors, adding that Agbara was a no-go-area before the coming of the present administration.

He said, “In terms of safety and development, we are impressed. Five years back, no transportation system, no safety, no development, but now, it is a different story.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/opic-to-spend-n1-8bn-on-agbara-industrial-estate/
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by millhouse: 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
lets see
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by kingphilip(m): 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
1.8bn on just an 11km road?? For crying out low I cqn jog that everyday

Chai Nigeria I hail thee
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
kingphilip: 1.8bn on just an 11km road?? For crying out low I cqn jog that everyday

Chai Nigeria I hail thee
me sef hail our dear country, Boss mii.
that's funny @ the bolded..

besides, are you an Ogun citizen?
millhouse: lets see
abi ooo,
..let's watch out for it, bro.
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by kingphilip(m): 11:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: me sef hail our dear country, Boss mii.
that's funny @ the bolded..

besides, are you an Ogun citizen?
No I'm not but that amount is too bogus for 11km road nw
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:34am On Jul 10, 2014
kingphilip:
No I'm not but that amount is too bogus for 11km road nw
yea, that's right.

Little wonder you can jog everyday wink
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by kingphilip(m): 6:45am On Jul 10, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: yea, that's right.

Little wonder you can jog everyday wink
People from the state no de jog?
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
kingphilip:
People from the state no de jog?
not everybody.

...just few sport guys
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by kingphilip(m): 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: not everybody.

...just few sport guys
K o
Wat of u abi prince no de do exercise
Re: OPIC To Spend N1.8bn On Agbara Industrial Estate by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
kingphilip:
K o
Wat of u abi prince no de do exercise
nah, not that.

I'm gonna start soonest sha wink

(1) (Reply)

I Will Show You How To Trade Forex Without Losing Your Money / Potential Investors/ Partners Wanted In The Mining Industry / Starting Fairly Used Clothes With Just 100k Your Advise Needed Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.