Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:25 AM

Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 (2973 Views)

6 Unknown Android Tricks & Secret Features To Enable / Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know / 2GO USERS:-PART {2} Some Usefull 2go Tricks You Need/must Know!!...hot.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by cliqblogg: 12:52am On Jul 09, 2014
Even if you are aware of so many android tricks i bet you won't even know upto 6 of these android tricks that i am going to uncover it in this article.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-iN1tsijcD-k/U7v5_ASYftI/AAAAAAAAAQY/hv8EjoyARs8/s1600/Android-icon.png[/img]

TOP ANDROID TRICKS:
1) Ping Test:

To enable this on your android device,open the phone dialer and type *#*#4636#*#*.Now from thelist of options select “phone info” and press the button naming “run ping test”.This android trick gives you the several details about the phone and other services.It works only when you are connected to the internet.

2) Pinch Floating Overview:

Overview is just one feature on an android device that shows the overview of all the widgets that are placed on all screens.To do pinch overview keep some widgets on 2 or more screens on your phone.Pinch the screen and see the widgets dancing on the phone,shake the phone to make the widgets move(Works only for Sony Ericsson Androids).

3) One Touch Camera:

This feature is available on Samsung S3 and will allow you to start the camera with just a click.Hold on the screen and rotate your android phone to 90 degrees and your camera opens automatically.

4) Photo Synchronize:

The default Facebook application for the android phone allows users to sync all their photos from their mobile to their profile and keep them private until they share this photo.This is a very handy feature for travelers who take plenty of pictures as they move on.They need not select every photo individually to upload it on Facebook instead they sync automatically.

To enable this feature,open the Facebook application and from the settings menu you can toggle between the sync settings whether to use WiFi network for sync or to disable the sync.

The above are all the 10 android tricks that you would have never known until now and if you have anymore tricks related to android then convey the readers bu just putting a note on the comments section.

5) Version Secret:

Just open your menu and locate settings from your android phone.Select “About phone” under the system settings and click on the version number for several times rapidly.As a result you must see a small android image looking at you like the below image.

6) Message Symbols:

Text messaging is one thing every mobile user must do frequently but all this while we never noticed this trick.Hold on the full stop (.) button for a while and it shows the symbols that will be used frequently while messaging.

7) Mock Location:

Have you ever noticed the mock location settings?i guess no.

Go to menu => settings => Developer options.Under this menu click on the “allow mock locations”.This android trick will randomize you current location and display it to your friends and families when your GPS is turned on.To check if it working just open the Google map from your device and view your current location.

cool Screenshot:

Taking the screen shot of your android home screen or anywhere is very useful in most cases like i took a screen capture above as an example to show you how the trick works.To take a screen shot just hold the “volume key” + “power button” for 3 seconds.If you are a Samsung user then hold the “home button” + “power button”.

9) 3D Map:

Have you seen the new feature of Google maps which allows you to navigate the streets and places in a 3 Dimensional view.In order to view the 3D map first open the map and then place two fingers onto the screen and swipe down gently.

Do try these tricks and see how they work amazingly...

And don't forget to share!

Get the last and most powerful trick Here
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by bhaliz44(m): 7:35am On Jul 09, 2014
if i click that link make i die

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by ofisa247(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2014
bhaliz44: if i click that link make i die
hahaha smiley you dey vex gan
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by adanduka: 9:04am On Jul 09, 2014
Tried the screen shot on Techno M5 but it didn't work.
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by EnterPRO: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2014
I love the ping test
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by opethom(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2014
Nice one, you make sense like lizard
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by Chimarto: 10:46am On Jul 09, 2014
The tricks is useless cos is limited to some certain Android OS. We need Android Tricks not Samsung Android tricks.
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by majalisa(m): 11:01am On Jul 09, 2014
adanduka: Tried the screen shot on Techno M5 but it didn't work.
huh!!tecno?!wat do u expect

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by bhaliz44(m): 11:08am On Jul 09, 2014
ofisa247: hahaha smiley you dey vex gan
asswear these bloggers don dy go stale telling u to click sum phuking like to read something.. if u can't post it on NL then make dem forget
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by adanduka: 11:23am On Jul 09, 2014
majalisa: huh!!tecno?!wat do u expect

What's the name of your phone, not the one you bought but the one you manufacture in your company?

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by ignis: 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
I ain't gonna click that link.
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by adetonaz(m): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
i think its volume down (-) and power button thats what worked on mine
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by adanduka: 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
adetonaz: i think its volume down (-) and power button thats what worked on mine

He he he
It worked.
Thank you!
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 09, 2014
Old information.... undecided
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by philtrum(m): 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
Volume down + power botton
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by Youpele52: 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
Top 10 game apps made by Africans

www.nairaland.com/1806298/top-10-ten-game-apps
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by adetonaz(m): 9:39am On Jul 11, 2014
adanduka:

He he he
It worked.
Thank you!
thanks to the op
Re: Top 10 Android Tricks You Should Know In 2014 by majalisa(m): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
adanduka:

What's the name of your phone, not the one you bought but the one you manufacture in your company?
ooops are u a chinko manufacturer?!no vex say I want spoil ur biz

(1) (Reply)

Guys Rate Dis Graphics..... / Samsung Note 4 Screen Available. Sold!!! / Does The Airtel 4GB For 200 Naira Work On 3G Sims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.