Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:57 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (629750 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 04, 2016
5staG:

Bro it's basically like this:

def manipulate_data(data_structure, data):
If type(data) == type(''):
#manipulate data here
elif type(data) == type({()}):
#manipulate data here
elif type(data) == type({}):
#manipulate data here

I had problems with this same section too but this was how I finaly solved it. It should work for you too. Goodluck..

This my output: set(['a', 'c', 'b', 'e', 'd', 'AFRICA', 'TIA', 'ANDELA']) after using add() to attach the last three strings

Expected output: {'a', 'c', 'b', 'e', 'd', 'ANDELA', 'TIA', 'AFRICA'}

So here lies the problem. Any help?

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by faith2ogesco(m): 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
stereo:

This my output: set(['a', 'c', 'b', 'e', 'd', 'AFRICA', 'TIA', 'ANDELA']) after using add() to attach the last three strings

I think u should use set.union to add variables to a set. not add plus ANDELA should come first. follow it accordingly if not u get an error
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mayoadegbola(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
faith2ogesco:
I think u should use set.union to add variables to a set. not add plus ANDELA should come first. follow it accordingly if not u get an error

I used set.add but make sure you follow the order.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
faith2ogesco:
I've tried that. They both produce the same results. Any more ideas?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mayoadegbola(m): 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
stereo:

I sent you a pm
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
mayoadegbola:

I sent you a pm
I saw it but it doesnt contain any info
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
mayoadegbola:

I sent you a pm
I replied your mail
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cheks100: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
stereo:

just use "|" (union) to unite all.
for example: A | {'B'} | {'C'}
That should do the trick.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by faith2ogesco(m): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
stereo:

unless I see d code u used for the set. when I can see where the error myt be
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 5staG(m): 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
stereo:

Because my output is: set(['a', 'c', 'b', 'e', 'd', 'AFRICA', 'TIA', 'ANDELA']) after using add() to attach the last three strings

and expected output is: {'a', 'c', 'b', 'e', 'd', 'ANDELA', 'TIA', 'AFRICA'}

Bro I don't really understand the problem you're having. Are we expected to add any other thing to the set apart from the "ANDELA", "TIA and "AFRICA"? What I just did was:
If type(data) == type ({()}):
data.update(["ANDELA", "TIA" , "AFRICA"])
and it worked. But take note of the quotation marks you add to the words. Don't use single and double quotes like they did in the question like this: '"ANDELA"'. I did that initially and the code failed one of the tests..
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by rockok: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
stereo:

Because my output is: set(['a', 'c', 'b', 'e', 'd', 'AFRICA', 'TIA', 'ANDELA']) after using add() to attach the last three strings

and expected output is: {'a', 'c', 'b', 'e', 'd', 'ANDELA', 'TIA', 'AFRICA'}

just use The set place holder.union("ANDELA", "TIA", "AFRICA" , this is what is expected of you. remember your 'ANDELA', 'TIA', 'AFRICA' should be a set.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 8:51am On Jan 05, 2016
forjamb:

I was only following the instructions given.
I also tried without the quotes but still nothing.

can u post that part of ur code here
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
cheks100:

Enjoy!

hello! i am having another problem with the algo lab test getting this error
1 . test_maximum_number_two
Failure in line 15, in test_maximum_number_two self.assertEqual(result, "zoo", msg="Incorrect number"wink AssertionError: Incorrect number

It is not passing the second test. any idea?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Can somebody help me out.... I have been trying since last month to load my test, but its not working. It keep telling me resuming... And when I click on it, all I get is no curricullum loaded. I have sent several mails to them, all to no avail.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
Rich4god:
Can somebody help me out.... I have been trying since last month to load my test, but its not working. It keep telling me resuming... And when I click on it, all I get is no curricullum loaded. I have sent several mails to them, all to no avail.
It's advisable you use the computer and browser you started with.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Geist:
It's advisable you use the computer and browser you started with.
I have my own personal lappy... so nothing have change... I have tried all the "triable"... still no hope.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
Rich4god:
I have my own personal lappy... so nothing have change... I have tried all the "triable"... still no hope.
I'm out of ideas bro. I can only advice you read from page 79 and mention anyone who has or had similar problem and ask if they have been able to solve it.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cheks100: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
miketayo:

hello! i am having another problem with the algo lab test getting this error
1 . test_maximum_number_two
Failure in line 15, in test_maximum_number_two self.assertEqual(result, "zoo", msg="Incorrect number"wink AssertionError: Incorrect number

It is not passing the second test. any idea?

The long and short of the whole thing is to implement a bubblesort algorithm and return the last item on the sorted list (the last item is usually the largest).
Remember, bubblesort compares the first and second item on a list, if the first item is bigger than the second, they swap places, the second item is then compared with the third, and swapping is made where necessary, etc.
If the above doesn't make sense post part of your code.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cheks100: 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
Rich4god:

Try loading it with Google Chrome.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
cheks100:

Try loading it with Google Chrome.
Am using chrome as my browser... already tried it FF and IE, still it didnt work...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 6:50am On Jan 06, 2016
MrCounselor:
Pls I am very very stucked at the Curriculum Test page,
the curriculum is not [size=15pt]loading[/size] on my page at all.
Does anybody have this kind of issue before.

Please, how did you resolve this issue....
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by derealpaul: 6:50am On Jan 06, 2016
Rich4god:

They normally advise that we should use Google Chrome browser. That could be your problem. . .
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 6:54am On Jan 06, 2016
GreenBobo:

I am experiencing similar issues(as yours)
How far? Any solution?
Plz, how did you resolve this you problem.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Rich4god(m): 7:00am On Jan 06, 2016
derealpaul:

They normally advise that we should use Google Chrome browser. That could be your problem. . .
Am using google chrome already...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2016
cheks100:

The long and short of the whole thing is to implement a bubblesort algorithm and return the last item on the sorted list (the last item is usually the largest).
Remember, bubblesort compares the first and second item on a list, if the first item is bigger than the second, they swap places, the second item is then compared with the third, and swapping is made where necessary, etc.
If the above doesn't make sense post part of your code.

Tanks bro got it
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by derealpaul: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Rich4god:
Am using google chrome already...

Then send them a mail apply@andela.com ...I usually send them the same question twice cos the first mail you send them will always return an auto-response. I normally reply them with the same question before they themselves reply, and not the auto-responder
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cheks100: 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
miketayo:

Tanks bro got it

Enjoy!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by turnnel(m): 8:52am On Jan 07, 2016
Hello folks, Please someone should help me out, I'm stuck in the OOP lab. Is the subclass just going to be without any definitions(methods)?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by miketayo(m): 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
Wat happens once we finish the test?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 5staG(m): 11:22am On Jan 08, 2016
turnnel:
Hello folks, Please someone should help me out, I'm stuck in the OOP lab. Is the subclass just going to be without any definitions(methods)?

Just write 'pass' without the quotes inside the class. That's how I did mine and it worked..

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by fortuneiyke: 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
someone please help, i'm a kinda stuck on this recursive lab. please how do i really use the iterative function
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by turnnel(m): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
5staG:

Just write 'pass' without the quotes inside the class. That's how I did mine and it worked..

tanx bro it worked perfectly

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.