Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:44 PM

Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles (1111 Views)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / Breaking News: Over 5 Million Ipob Members Storm Anambra / Kidnapping: Anambra Govt. Demolishes Church,3 Other Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by NuclearWarHead: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2014
Bandits have penetrated
Anambra State
Government House, Awka
and vandalized 11
vehicles belonging to the
state government. The vandalized vehicles which were brand new Hilux
vans, allocated to different government ministries,
departments.and agencies (MDAs) were packed just
within the precincts of the security posts at the
Government House, Awka. The bandits, sources revealed, had found their way into
the state’s seat of power very late Monday night
through the second gate at the back of the Government
House and successfully removed the brain box of the 11
vehicles estimated at about N200, 000 each without any
of the security operatives noticing them. They were also said to have shattered all the
windscreens of the Hilux vans, cannibalized them and
removed other vital components. Among the affected vehicles were about two parked at
the gate of the governor’s office while others were
parked in front of various offices at the Government
House. When LEADERSHIP visited Government House yesterday,
shattered glasses littered the ground. Thick black
polythene materials were however used to cover the
shattered front and black windscreens of the vandalised
vehicles. Workers at the Government House, who spoke on
condition of anonymity, blamed the policemen on duty
for laxity. at the Government House especially policemen who
they accused of always abandoning their duty posts at
night and retire to their nearby bunks in the company
of their female friends. “Any time the Governor travels, the generator is
switched off in the night, leaving the entire place in
darkness. Once the place is dark, the policemen often
retire to their bunk with female acquaintances. This
probably must have given the bandits the leverage to
raid the place without being accosted by any security man and you can see the losses incurred by
government”, a source said. Reacting to the incident, Anambra State Police
Command Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr Emeka
Chukwuemeka confirmed the incident and said that the
command has commenced full scale investigation into
the matter with a view to arresting those involved in
the nefarious act. Sources at the Government House further revealed that
bandits had some months ago vandalised vehicles
purchased for the civil servants in the State at the
premises of the State secretariat and at the Judiciary
Headquarters, Awka.

leadership.ng/news/377264/anambra-criminals-storm-govt-house-vandalise-11-vehicles

Obiano Flew the entire state's Executive to Obodo Oyibo to squander the state's meagre resources... Meanwhile the house he claims to have kept in order is falling apart... All hail Obiano cool
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2014
Any time the Governor
travels, the generator is
switched off in the night, leaving the entire
place in
darkness.
does it mean the government house is only run on generators? What happened to public power supply?

Now I clearly understand the reason why a certain Igbo group is complaining about the poor state of electricity supply in the southeast. If the government house of Anambra state has epileptic power supply, God knows what's happening in other areas of the state and the entire southeast.

cry

4 Likes

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by GPA5: 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
I THOUGHT CHINO72 SAID ANAMBRA IS SAFE SINCE OBIANO BECAME THE GOVERNOR.

#WITH ALL OBIANO'S REFORMS NO POSITIVE RESULT YET

1 Like

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by GPA5: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
berem: does it mean the government house is only run on generators? What happened to public power supply?

Now I clearly understand the reason why a certain Igbo group is complaining about the poor state of electricity supply in the southeast. If the government house of Anambra state has epileptic power supply, God knows what's happening in other areas of the state and the entire southeast.

cry

POOR POWER SUPPLY IS GEJ FRESH AIR TOTHE IBO

2 Likes

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by idumuose(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
APC and their propaganda.I laugh in umuanaga and Amikwo.

2 Likes

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
Is it that Anambra State can't afford to fuel their power generating plants that make the government of house always in darkness whenever Obiano is not around. Even banks open on generators overnight.
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by TabletMan: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
The way and manner some human beings reason is unimaginable.... So because the govt house make use of gen set, the whole state won't have electricity?
Silly reasoning.

Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Chino72: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
I am living and working in Awka with my family! I enjoy at least 15-19hrs of power supply in Awka! Call your sister in UNIZIK, she will corroborate the same info am giving you! Awka is among the few Nigerian cities that enjoy almost steady power supply!

berem: does it mean the government house is only run on generators? What happened to public power supply?

cry

4 Likes

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Chino72: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
As at this morning, the governor has gone to Njikoka for road inspection! The traveling thingy is an attempt by Ngige and his Islamic party to tarnish the image of the working governor!

3 Likes

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
Chino72: I am living and working in Awka with my family! I enjoy at least 15-19hrs of power supply in Awka! Call your sister in UNIZIK, she will corroborate the same info am giving you!

so why is government house Awka not enjoying the same 15-19hrs of daily supply?
Anyway,that's not the issue. The issue is the lack of security at the government house anytime the governor travels. What say ye about it?
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Chino72: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
I have not seen other media house that reported this half baked junk by the leadership newspaper. I don't believe that a whole seat of power does not have maximum security. I am a regular visitor to the government house, and I know how tight the security in that place is! I still see this report as being sponsored by the opposition to underscore Obiano's towering achievements on security. Because security network in Anambra is at its maximum talk more of petty thieves entering the government house. Its not possible. You don't consume everything you read from the media hook line and sinker!

berem: so why is government house Awka not enjoying the same 15-19hrs of daily supply?
Anyway,that's not the issue. The issue is the lack of security at the government house anytime the governor travels. What say ye about it?

2 Likes

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by idumuose(m): 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
Chino72: And who told you that governor is not in town? As at this morning, the governor has gone to Njikoka for road inspection! The traveling thingy is an attempt by Ngige and his Islamic party to tarnish the image of the working governor!

APC e me aluu!Tufia! *withdraws earlier comment*
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by TabletMan: 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
Chino72: I am living and working in Awka with my family! I enjoy at least 15-19hrs of power supply in Awka! Call your sister in UNIZIK, she will corroborate the same info am giving you! Awka is among the few Nigerian cities that enjoy almost steady power supply!

i dont even know what you're trying to prove to them... Some of them won't have the stable electricity those that live at amawbia and nibo normally got, they just want to use this particular news to pass their pathetic and silly points.

2 Likes

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
Chino72: I have not seen other media house that reported this half baked junk by the leadership newspaper. I don't believe that a whole seat of power does not have maximum security. I am a regular visitor to the government house, and I know how tight the security in that place it! I still see this report as being sponsored because security network in Anambra is at its maximum talk more of petty thieves entering the government house. Its not possible. You don't consume everything you read from the media hook line and sinker!

So Chino are you saying the theft and vandalization didn't take place?
Issokay!!
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Chino72: 1:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
Edit your former post to reflect reality!

idumuose:
APC e me aluu!Tufia! *withdraws earlier comment*
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Chino72: 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hun, you need to understand that government houses are more or less a mini military facility. There is no way some petty thieves can have a field day fiddling with 11 vans. How will they even have access into the facility in the first place, in a facility that has at least 3 well manned gates with electronic surveillance gadgets?? Some news reports are better ignored!

berem: So Chino are you saying the theft and vandalization didn't take place?
Issokay!!
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by idumuose(m): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
Chino72: Edit your former post to reflect reality!

i will
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
Chino72: Hun, you need to understand that government houses are more or less a mini military facility. There is no way some petty thieves can have a field day fiddling with 11 vans. How will they even have access into the facility in the first place, in a facility that has at least 3 well manned gates with electronic surveillance gadgets?? Some news reports are better ignored!

ok o! I hear you.

1 Like

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Chino72: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nwanne, what can I say! Some people sef! smh!

TabletMan: i dont even know what you're trying to prove to them... Some of them won't have the stable electricity those that live at amawbia and nibo normally got, they just want to use this particular news to pass their pathetic and silly points.

1 Like

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
insider collabo at its peak
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by tandj: 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
I agree.
Awka has good electric power supply unlike most state capitals.

But how can criminals just enter so easily like that in govt house?
So it means the place is very porous?
Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by Demdem(m): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
Pending when the force ppro who corroborated the story has stated by this story deny he gave such confirmation, i choose to believe it.

1 Like

Re: Criminals Storm Anambra Govt House Vandalise Vehicles by VICTOROCHEI: 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
the same obiano ngige and his devilsh apc said he went to america with 30 lawmakers is busy this morning inspecting work in njikoka

Apc give God a chance in your life oooo

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bantustan - Why Ibo People Are Different To Other Nigerian Cultures / YOU CAN'T THREATEN ME ; Jonathan Tells Northern Elders. / Lagos Set To Review Okada Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.