Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,562 members, 7,944,683 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Girl Born Without A Face - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Girl Born Without A Face (64474 Views)

Mysterious Baby Girl Born Pregnant With Twins / 'I Was Born Without A Joystick But I'm Getting One Made From My ARM' / Checkout Pictures Of A Girl Born With 4 Hands & 4 Legs!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by kr0ne(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2014
I love your ugly, I love your disease
I love your everything, as long as it's free
I love you face
Gurl, gurl, gurl
I love your face

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Smooyis(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2014
IN ALL SITUATIONS GOD U ARE GOOD
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 11, 2014
lynpetra:

Please this child is a terrible mistake abeg,be it from God or the devil.

You're still making the same mistake sis. The child is obviously from God, the devil isn't involved.

It appears admitting the child is from God is a big difficult.

On a more serious note, don't you think a surgery of some sort might do some damage control?

My point is, the situation isn't as terrible as most are making it.

The list of several successful people born with one disability or the other is endless.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by kevoh(m): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2014
rationalmind:

If that's the will of God, let his will be done.
May you never reject God's will in your life.

Let me hear your resounding amen

How about my own will in my life?
Sorry Bro, I don't play the God game.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by jansie(f): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2014
lynpetra:

lol.But no matter how beautiful or `abnormal' we are, the body will one day decay now
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by purpinkx(m): 9:50am On Jul 11, 2014
Call me heartless ,but I would have put them out of their misery
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Decryptor(m): 9:50am On Jul 11, 2014
The effects of alcohol most def. Cos I wonder why both girls will look that way
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by HopeAtHand: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2014
A pregnant woman should not watch Horror/Scary movies...You see the result??

I was even eating, now ive lost my appetite.

1 Like

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by fm7070: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2014
lynpetra:
that is a terrible and horrible comment.
what can you create by yourself, can you create the life in her?
the girl is NOT a mistake, there is a purpose for her life
you will soon see her on OPRAH program and on CNN, she's popular than you do
Have YOU ever get to CNN in your lifetime? if you can't make history to that extent, should I assume you're a disaster?
May God forgive your f0olish soul

2 Likes

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 11, 2014
kevoh: [b][/b]

How about my own will in my life?
Sorry Bro, I don't play the God game.

The will of your maker supersedes yours
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 11, 2014
echobee: Pretty girl. God u re great.
I'm humbled. I really need a girl like you to be by my side in my darkest days.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2014
justi4jesu:

lwkmd grin grin grin

grin grin grin.
Babe I no go lie o.For say na me be this pikin,I for vex for my mama.She for kill me,instead of bringing in to suffer in this useless world.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by tjdj: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2014
Ehya and we Nigerians have "2face Idibia", make his borrow this girl one of it sharp sharp!!!
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by macklef(m): 9:53am On Jul 11, 2014
God created humans(only Adam and Eve), he gave new borns life(extending to all their generations),.
but he does not in anyway design how beautiful or ugly we may turn out to be,
Natural and herditary forces can be the main reason for how this girls turn to be, Not God.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2014
fm7070:
that is a terrible and horrible comment.
what can you create by yourself, can you create the life in her?
the girl is NOT a mistake, there is a purpose for her life
you will soon see her on OPRAH program and on CNN, she's popular than you do
Have YOU ever get to CNN in your lifetime? if you can't make history to that extent, should I assume you're a disaster?
May God forgive your f0olish soul

Oprah,CNN,BBC,AIT,FOX News,one of the reasons why I don't need to keep such a child.
Sorry dear,its my opinion.

And for calling me fo00lish,wud let it slide.

1 Like

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by DocAdray(f): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2014
Jesus Christ!!!
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by zeemat(f): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2014
subuhanallah
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by ceejayluv(m): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Joshuadon: she has face na
Yeah, after like a dozen surgeries already.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by macklef(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2014
Phema: Parents should know when to stop being sentimental and be objective!

I'm very sure the Doctors must have adviced termination at the point of birth after noticing the anomaly, but they (her parents) let their emotions get a hold of them and decided to keep the baby.

If I were that child, they will have a lot of questions to answer when I'm of age. A whole lot!

Thats called ''abortion'' and its outa d question except you want to be a murderer.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by kevoh(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2014
rationalmind:

The will of your maker supersedes yours

Bullsh*t. What maker? Which maker? Bros, forget it.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by MrDoGood(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2014
she is beautiful just the way she is. i just pray some bad eggs shouldn't make her feel inferior.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2014
allowing such a baby to leave the theater is wickedness. What life did you hope she gets? one of pity? mschew...

1 Like

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2014
jansie:
lol.But no matter how beautiful or `abnormal' we are, the body will one day decay now

I know...
There is no true love in the world even for ' normal' people. cry cry
There re some angels that need not come.I pray God dosent let this misfortune come to me.Because I can't bear it.
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Blockus: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2014
Ceasar1:

Watever.. You can't argue that fact.
Her parents love her and they consider her a blessing. They don't give a fuck_ about what guys like you think.

No offence.

[b]#What Fact?!

Again, I dont do sentiments. Go and tell the parents of Sickle Cellers that the child that they put millions into raisng, put all their energy into nurturing, put all their effort into caring for, knowing fully well that the child may not live to even see 18, that the child is a blessing.

The parents of this kid are in a class of their own. Where they are in their head right now is a place we call 'acceptance'. They know that there is nothing else they can possibly do to change the situation, so they just go with the flow. You think its as simple as 'O! My kid has no face?' Go find out the other medical complications associated with this deformity. Find out how much they have to spend on the cost of her treatment, in America (Prior to Obamacare), not all medical conditions are covered by basic healthcare coverage o!

My guy, if a blessing gives you more grief than joy, then it is no blessing. Whilst other parents are busy celebrating the fact that their kids won the spelling Bee or is so intelligent they are in an accelerated learning program, you are here calling a deformed child a blessing.

May this type of blessing never come your way. angry

An 11 year old girl has undergone 45 surgeries just to stay alive is a blessing. angry

The gods sure have a wicked sense of humour.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Skmoda360(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2014
faithugo64: Good lord! #runs out of thread#
im shaking and trembling....damn!
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by mezebel(f): 10:10am On Jul 11, 2014
No mary kay and lip gloss for my pretty gal!!! May God see u through
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Testerfuze(m): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2014
Wtf?? is this?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 11, 2014
rationalmind:

You're still making the same mistake sis. The child is obviously from God, the devil isn't involved.

It appears admitting the child is from God is a big difficult.

On a more serious note, don't you think a surgery of some sort might do some damage control?

My point is, the situation isn't as terrible as most are making it.

The list of several successful people born with one disability or the other is endless.

Ok oooo.
I believe if God loves me,he will not give me something like this.I pray we record less cases of such abnormalities in children.

1 Like

Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 11, 2014
Blockus:

[b]#What Fact?!

Again, I dont do sentiments. Go and tell the parents of Sickle Cellers that the child that they put millions into raisng, put all their energy into nurturing, put all their effort into caring for, knowing fully well that the child may not live to even see 18, that the child is a blessing.

The parents of this kid are in a class of their own. Where they are in their head right now is a place we call 'acceptance'. They know that there is nothing else they can possibly do to change the situation, so they just go with the flow. You think its as simple as 'O! My kid has no face?' Go find out the other medical complications associated with this deformity. Find out how much they have to spend on the cost of her treatment, in America (Prior to Obamacare), not all medical conditions are covered by basic healthcare coverage o!

My guy, if a blessing gives you more grief than joy, then it is no blessing. Whilst other parents are busy celebrating the fact that their kids won the spelling Bee or is so intelligent they are in an accelerated learning program, you are here calling a deformed child a blessing.

May this type of blessing never come your way. angry[/b]
Re: Girl Born Without A Face by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 11, 2014
More info on the disease the girl has.......

What is Treacher Collins syndrome?

Treacher Collins syndrome is a condition that affects the development of bones and other tissues of the face. The signs and symptoms of this disorder vary greatly, ranging from almost unnoticeable to severe. Most affected individuals have underdeveloped facial bones, particularly the cheek bones, and a very small jaw and chin (micrognathia). Some people with this condition are also born with an opening in the roof of the mouth called a cleft palate. In severe cases, underdevelopment of the facial bones may restrict an affected infant's airway, causing potentially life-threatening respiratory problems.

People with Treacher Collins syndrome often have eyes that slant downward, sparse eyelashes, and a notch in the lower eyelids called an eyelid coloboma. Some affected individuals have additional eye abnormalities that can lead to vision loss. This condition is also characterized by absent, small, or unusually formed ears. Hearing loss occurs in about half of all affected individuals; hearing loss is caused by defects of the three small bones in the middle ear, which transmit sound, or by underdevelopment of the ear canal. People with Treacher Collins syndrome usually have normal intelligence.

How common is Treacher Collins syndrome?

This condition affects an estimated 1 in 50,000 people.

Where did the name Treacher Collins come from?

This syndrome was named after the eminent British ophthalmologist Edward Treacher Collins (1862-1932), who described the essential features of this syndrome in a paper in 1900. However, some features of this syndrome were probably first described by Thomson and Toynbee in 1846-1847 and later by Berry (1889), who is usually given credit for its discovery.[1] On the European continent, a more common name for this condition is Franceschetti-Zwahlen-Klein syndrome, based on extensive studies of mandibulofacial dysostosis published by the Swiss ophthalmologist Franceschetti and the geneticist Klein (1949).

In other words....a genetic disease,and certianly not a evil thing BTW.

Sad to see that some commenters are not using this as an opportunity to look for information.

Source: The Genetics Home refrence page/website.....at http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/treacher-collins-syndrome

See also: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/946143-overview#showall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

hohoho!!kwanu? / Beggar Gifts Groundnut Oil To Lady Who Usually Gives Her Token On A Daily Basis / Awkward Ways Some Lagosians Urinate On The Street (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.