Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,209 members, 7,884,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:16 AM

Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week (2260 Views)

I Need A Good Laptop Engineer To Fix My Laptop Screen For Me In My Presence Asap / Laptop Engineer Needed Urgently / In Need Of A Good Laptop Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
in this thread(tutorial) you will be learning various tricks and processes, when properly applied will make you a confident computer technician..........
lets go, questions are welcomed.......................

How to boot to safe mode

Understanding the safe mode - this is a mode on a windows computer that allows the computer to boot to desktop with files and software only necessary for the system to start up. This makes it possible that the troubling software doesn’t affect the system start up.
Booting to safe mode - depending on your system configuration, when the system is powered up and still in bios, press f8 or f12. this takes you to boot menu. Select the SAFEMODE option and enter.
NB - most of the graphic and display properties are usually turned off on safe mode. This is why the safe mode desktop background is just dark.
what you can do in the safe mode
-uninstall stubborn antivirus
-manually remove virus
-uninstall a troubling sofreware
-perform system restore
- etc
Using the system restore

The restore tool allows you to restore a windows computer to the state it was at a particular time. What changes the state is usually when new programs are installed or when new settings are applied.

This tool can be accessed from the Accessories folder on the programs menu. But you can easily access this by just typing "restore" when u press the windows start button.
For this to work, the computer must have being set to allow the BACKUP and RESTORE feature.
When the system restore is accessed, you can see the programs installed and date. From there you can choose a date before the program you are suspecting to be causing the instability was installed.

NB - after a successful restore your system should be working fine.
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
As a computer technician, being a bale to understand the capability and rating of a laptop is very important.
In this order, these are components that determines the rating of a laptop
-processor
-memory
-display
-hard drive

There has being an argument about processor and memory which one determines the speed of a computer. From a professional point of view, both processor and memory together determines the speed of a laptop. Lemme further explain with this analogy.

Building a house
The number of supplier vehicles depends on the memory while the speed of the vehicle depends on a processor.

Low memory and high processor: a single truck delivers all your building materials to your site but traveling at a high speed. 8 different materials are to be delivered to the building site, therefore the single truck travels 8 times on the road to make a complete delievery.

High Memory and low processor: a set of 4 trucks travel simultaneously on the road to deliver 8 different building materials to a building site but traveling at a lower speed. The set of trucks completes it’s the delivery travelling 2 times on the road.

High Memory and high processor: a set of 4 trucks travel simultaneously on the road to deliver 8 different building materials to a building site, traveling at a high speed. The set of trucks completes it’s the delivery travelling 2 times on the road and making all the delivery very fast.

Hope this makes sense.

The processor
Two popular manufacturers of laptop processor for laptops are INTEL and AMD. The type of processor determines the type of motherboard(will explain what a mother board is later, with pictures if possible). So you cant replace and intel processor with an amd processor.
Both processors has their advantages and disadvantages. By comparing the advantages and disadvantages, you can choose the type that best suits you.

Intel produces processors that produces lesser heat and therefore are not easily damaged by overheating. Their processors are rugged and are generally good for high speed calculation tasks.
Their processors are from old Pentium I to IV, the low power core2duo,the very popular dual cores, and the powerful corei3 to i7.
One of disadvantage of intel laptops is that their displays are not as powerful(sharp) as amd displays.

Amd [/b]processor is very popular among the gaming and high power graphic designers. Why amd always produces a sharper display is because it separates the task of display and image processing from the main processor. It usually comes with an additional processor in the motherboard for processing images. The most notable shortcoming in the amd processor is that it always produces large amount of heating and therefore can easily breakdown due to over heating.
How to use amd laptops
- Always make sure the fan is working
- Make sure nothing is blocking the heat sink of the laptop
- Never use on the bed(or pillow)
- Always make sure nothing is blocking the heat sink when the laptop is use.

[b]The memory

The two types of memory available in modern laptops are DDR2 and DDR3.
Ddr2 are found in older laptops while the other is found in newer laptops. Ddr3 are much costlier than the other.
Note: the processor of your laptop determines the maximum size of memory it cant take(address). In technical terms, the processor determines the amount of memory address it can write.
So u don’t say because a laptop uses ddr3 memory, then u load 12g memory to the laptop. It wont work.

The Display
The following terms are used to determine the quality of display of a laptop(phones).
-The Resolution
-Pixel density
-display adapters
-display processors
-high definition displays
-vga, hdmi, s-video
-etc.
Search up the above terms on the internet so you can understand what really makes up a good display.

The Hard disk
Two types are available -
1. SATA
2. IDE
The Sata hds are available in newer laptops while the older laptops uses IDE. The two uses mechanical means in storing information; rotation and magnetism. A large chunk of the hard disk is made up of a magnet. And it rotates to store and pass information(that’s the rotating sound you hear when the system is running). Measured by maximum rotation it can take per seconds.
A more powerful hard disk is in production now, called SOLID STATE hard disks. It doesn’t use magnet and doesn’t rotate. Stores information by electrical means and its very fast.

1 Like

Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
After a successful completion of our one week laptop technician training, hosted in Asaba and Onitsha respectively, we have received several calls from some nls requesting for our video tutorial.

we are happy to announce to you that our video tutorial is now available. you can make order for a copy(its limited in qty). the pricing is made in such a way that everyone can afford it.
the format is available in DVD. we can make arrangement to deliver in any part of the country using the commercial bus drivers or their courier services.
what to expect in video
computer appreciation(laptop repair version)
identifying the components that make up the laptop
how to troubleshoot and carry out basic laptop repair operation
various contacts on where u can get these components in cheap price all over the country
how you can partner with our office to become a laptop seller without owning a shop(only onitsha, asaba and lagos)

FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES CALL 080Cjotech(08035338123)

3 Likes

Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
Expect more updates soon
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by simplejayy(m): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
following...
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by funnysaint(m): 2:10am On Jul 12, 2014
following....
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by tunde300us(m): 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Did u say engineer ? Nigerians don bastardise the engineering profession with every clown calling himself an engineer.All the best in ur job of making 'engineers' in 1 week. lipsrsealed
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
tunde300us: Did u say engineer ? Nigerians don bastardise the engineering profession with every clown calling himself an engineer.All the best in ur job of making 'engineers' in 1 week. lipsrsealed

I actually meant laptop repair technician. Though not correct using d term laptop engineer but its unfortunate Nigerians are used to that.

Me personally not comfortable addressing road side technicians as Engineer cos i know wot it took me to become a graduate of Engineering. But in dis situation is one I can't change.

Thanks for d observantn though
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2014
How to troubleshoot a laptop.

Scenario: u used the laptop last night only to on ur laptop in the morning but nothing is showing on the ur laptop screen but everyother light in d laptop is showing normal and the fan is still turning.

Case2: screen not showing, fan not turning but other lights are on

Solution
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2014
Using fone to update pls bear my typo errors

First if the laptop is not showing anything on the while every other thing seems normal. Below are some possible causes.
Screen
Ram
Display Ic
Other motherboard faulti

First thing to do is remove the ram and clean it properly with a spirit. Put it back and see any changes.
Try using another ram to test it.
If its two rams its possible one is faulty, try interchanging ......
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2014
After checking d ram to see the fault and no success move to the next step.
Check the display/screen
Connect the laptop to external display like a desktop monitor or a screen with VGA port.
If the display work on the second screen then know the fault is not the display.

This is now the time to open the laptop.
Try the following step

Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2014
Before I continue, i will take few questions.

Post any question relating to this tutorial.
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
More details about our video turorial

@ cjo technologies ltd, our main goal is youth emancipation with innovations.

We have come up with several projects to make our youth self employed and self dependent. One of such process is our LAPTOP REPAIR VIDEO TUTORIAL.

why we made the video:
We discovered that a lot of youths are interested in learning how to repair laptops but most times they are discouraged with such problems as lack of fund for the training, timing of the training and location of the training.
So this video will solve all these three problem of cost, timing, and location while still delivering a quality training.

What to expect to expect in the video
Laptop repair appreciation, understanding various components that make up the laptop, loosing a laptop, troubleshooting. Software: formatting, driving and troubleshooting.

Who should get the video
Unemployed
Self employed,
Students
Corpers

Pricing
N3000
Delivery
We deliver through commercial bus drivers and the courier services nation wide.
U pay for delivery depending on your location, and type of delivery you choose.

Cjo technology ltd
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
cjotech: After checking d ram to see the fault and no success move to the next step.
Check the display/screen
Connect the laptop to external display like a desktop monitor or a screen with VGA port.
If the display work on the second screen then know the fault is not the display.

This is now the time to open the laptop.
Try the following step

If the steps above doesnt work, then its time time to check on the processor

Remove the processor, clean it with spirit(need be) and position it appropriately on the board but this time make sure the screw holding it is properly tightened.

If this doesn't work, then replace the processor with a good one that looks exactly the same.

If all these doesn't work then its time to apply some heating.....
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
Before applying heat, take time to clean the while motherboard with a spirit and a light brush(eg tooth brush)

Allow it to dry and see if it makes any difference.
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
Heating the motherboard.

Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by Hardetayour: 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
cjotech: Heating the motherboard.

Bro. Thanks for this ur thread. My laptop has been doing the exact same thing but at times it comes on then I use it. When I sleep it, it comes on the immediately goes off again. When I shut down, it doesn't come on until it decides to come on itself. I'll need a reply on this cos I've been slacking at work cos of this problem
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hardetayour: Bro. Thanks for this ur thread. My laptop has been doing the exact same thing but at times it comes on then I use it. When I sleep it, it comes on the immediately goes off again. When I shut down, it doesn't come on until it decides to come on itself. I'll need a reply on this cos I've been slacking at work cos of this problem

Is it an amd processor?
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by Hardetayour: 6:00am On Jul 16, 2014
cjotech:

Is it an amd processor?
Yes it is
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 6:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Hardetayour: Yes it is

its a processor problem. changing the processor might be the solution.
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by Berzouh: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2014
Bro thanks for dis thread, am living in enugu, how can I get this video
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Berzouh: Bro thanks for dis thread, am living in enugu, how can I get this video

Call 08035338123
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by Hardetayour: 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
cjotech:

how much does a processor cost?
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by Hardetayour: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
cjotech:

how much does a processor cost
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by cjotech: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hardetayour: how much does a processor cost

It will cost at least 5k to replace the processor. Only pay when u re certain the problem is processor.
Re: Become A Laptop Engineer In A Week by Hardetayour: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
cjotech:

It will cost at least 5k to replace the processor. Only pay when u re certain the problem is processor.
ok. Can I get ur number so I'll give u a call when I'm less busy to come

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With Window 7 Ultimate Activation / Clean Used HP Probook 650 G2, Corei5, 6thgen, 8gram, 256ssd, SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!! / Need Help! I Lost My Windows Xp Admin Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.