Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,023 members, 7,883,540 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:25 PM

Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! (2660 Views)

See What Fmr.president Obasanjo Has To Say Abt Nigerians And Paris Terror Attack / What AIT Refuse To Tell Nigerians And Lagosians / About Time To Brush Up On My Mandarin. . . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
herald9:
你只是喷涌鞭打......去获得生活傻逼!
Nǐ zhǐshì pēnyǒng biāndǎ...... Qù huòdé shēnghuó shǎbī!
lipsrsealed

shocked

麻烦你再说一边 - 蠢驴
máfán nǐ zài shuō yībiān - chǔnlǘ! angry
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
RedClay:
French, Chinese, Spanish?.. Tell me something I don't know. Are you Google product? grin
dey dia dey dull nowgringrin
FrancisTony:
You well so? undecided
am Hale nd Hearty bro
你好吗?
Nǐ hǎo ma? cheesy
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ceasar1:

shocked

麻烦你再说一边 - 蠢驴
máfán nǐ zài shuō yībiān - chǔnlǘ! angry
你会怎么做,如果我再说一遍吗?朋克!
Nǐ huì zěnme zuò, rúguǒ wǒ zàishuō yībiàn ma? Péngkè!
angry
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
herald9:
grin
Chinese tongue
hmmmmmmm cool
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
claireshan: hmmmmmmm cool
Our honeymoon will be in china datz y am takin ma tym to learn diz...so babe z for our own good sad wink
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
herald9:
你会怎么做,如果我再说一遍吗?朋克!
Nǐ huì zěnme zuò, rúguǒ wǒ zàishuō yībiàn ma? Péngkè!
angry

Okay. 对不起 duìbùqǐ. smiley
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
herald9:
Our honeymoon will be in china datz y am takin ma tym to learn diz...so babe z for our own good sad wink
Lol cheesy u are really crazy aswer
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
herald9:
dey dia dey dull nowgringrin

am Hale nd Hearty bro
你好吗?
Nǐ hǎo ma? cheesy

You berra take your medications O. embarassed cry
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ceasar1:

Okay. 对不起 duìbùqǐ. smiley
没关系!
Méiguānxì! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mayday mayday. Crazy folks on loose
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Jakumo(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
For better or worse, tropical sub-Saharan Africa's economies will be dominated largely by powerful Chinese interests for the next few decades, and the ever forward-thinking Lagos State Governor Fashola most likely introduced Chinese language lessons as an option in Lagos State schools, out of pragmatic recognition for China's growing investment presence in Africa.

To all our Chinese speaking Nairaland forum writers in the house, may I ask whether it is the Mandarin, or the Cantonese dialect of Chinese that is most widely spoken by the Chinese nationals now emigrating into the African continent ? If both dialects are spoken by expatriate Chinese nationals working in west Africa, can anyone offer an opinion as to which dialect is comparatively more prevalent among the Chinese expatriate community working in Nigeria.

The Chinese languages are very tonal in nature, which makes them similar to Nigeria's Yoruba language, for example, in that with all of these languages originating continents apart, variations in the pronunciation of a single word or phrase changes the intended meaning of that word, despite its spelling remaining the same. This would suggest that Yoruba and Igbo speaking Nigerians might pick up the nuances of Chinese language pronunciation more readily than British language students of the same age, for example. Can any Nigerian-born speakers of Chinese remember how easy or otherwise they found the learning process ?

Thanks in advance for any responses that can be offered to my many layman's questions about the Chinese languages.
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
Jakumo: For better or worse, tropical sub-Saharan Africa's economies will be dominated largely by powerful Chinese interests for the next few decades, and the ever forward-thinking Lagos State Governor Fashola most likely introduced Chinese language lessons as an option in Lagos State schools, out of pragmatic recognition for China's growing investment presence in Africa.

To all our Chinese speaking Nairaland forum writers in the house, may I ask whether it is the Mandarin, or the Cantonese dialect of Chinese that is most widely spoken by the Chinese nationals now emigrating into the African continent ? If both dialects are spoken by expatriate Chinese nationals working in west Africa, can anyone offer an opinion as to which dialect is comparatively more prevalent among the Chinese expatriate community working in Nigeria.

Thanks in advance for any responses that can be offered to my many layman's questions about the Chinese languages.

you are supposed to write This in Chinese undecided
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Jakumo(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
herald9:
you are supposed to write This in Chinese undecided

Oga no fess. I don go buy my copy of Chinese-To-Broken Dictionary, and before daybreak tomorrow, you go see my hand here, walahi-talahi.
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Idrismusty97(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
Jakumo:

To all our Chinese speaking Nairaland forum
writers in the house, may I ask whether it is the
Mandarin, or the Cantonese dialect of Chinese that
is most widely spoken by the Chinese nationals
now emigrating into the African continent ?
It is simplified Chinese smiley Read more here

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplified_Chinese_characters
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Jakumo(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
Idrismusty97: It is simplified Chinese smiley Read more here

Oh I see. So there is general form of Chinese that both Mandarin speakers use to converse when away from home. Thanks for the wikipedia link. Checking that out here.
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Jakumo(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
Idrismusty97: It is simplified Chinese smiley Read more here

Oh I see. So there is general form of Chinese that both Mandarin and Cantonese speakers use to converse when away from home. Thanks for the Wikipedia link. Checking that out here.
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by lovetterrison(m): 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
herald9: 你疯了..这是一个中国的国家吗?
Nǐ fēngle.. Zhè shì yīgè zhōngguó de guójiā ma? undecided
别骂人好吗大家都是兄弟
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by lovetterrison(m): 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ceasar1: You guys are faking everything here. This is an insult to China!

我操你妈逼
wo sao ni ma be angry
你妹
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by lovetterrison(m): 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ibnsultan: Mayday mayday. Crazy folks on loose
喝药去
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by lovetterrison(m): 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Jakumo: For better or worse, tropical sub-Saharan Africa's economies will be dominated largely by powerful Chinese interests for the next few decades, and the ever forward-thinking Lagos State Governor Fashola most likely introduced Chinese language lessons as an option in Lagos State schools, out of pragmatic recognition for China's growing investment presence in Africa.

The Chinese languages are very tonal in nature, which makes them similar to Nigeria's Yoruba language, for example, in that with all of these languages originating continents apart, variations in the pronunciation of a single word or phrase changes the intended meaning of that word, despite its spelling remaining the same. This would suggest that Yoruba and Igbo speaking Nigerians might pick up the nuances of Chinese language pronunciation more readily than British language students of the same age, for example. Can any Nigerian-born speakers of Chinese remember how easy or otherwise they found the learning process ?

mandarin language is widely spoken between the chinese to communicate to each other because they all have their native languages base on your location or wherever you come come,north,south ,east or west,,so as a foreigner is better to study mandarin as first choice and cantonese later cuz most expatriates use mandarin to relate..tones and twisting of tongues matter alot when pronouncing any word in chinese
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
coughs in chineese...brb
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
herald9: coughs in chineese...brb
you have to teach me this Chinese sef
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Idrismusty97(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
herald9: coughs in chineese...brb
Laughs in Chinese
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Tallesty1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: you have to teach me this Chinese sef
Ni hao, Wo hui jiao ni, ruguo ni neng zhifu xuefei.
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Tallesty1: Ni hao, Wo hui jiao ni, ruguo ni neng zhifu xuefei.
undecided undecided are you high?
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Tallesty1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: undecided undecided are you high?
Tryna teach you chinese nah.
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: you have to teach me this Chinese sef
Really?

that will be great...

Wen do we start? smiley
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
Idrismusty97: Laughs in Chinese
U still here?

Tot u don tire? grin
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Idrismusty97(m): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
herald9:
U still here?

Tot u don tire? grin
I am still following the thread. smiley
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by herald9: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
Idrismusty97: I am still following the thread.
Me too...but too busy to do our normal tinwink
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
herald9:
Really?

that will be great...

Wen do we start? smiley
right now
Re: Thread For Chinese Nigerians And Mandarin Learners? 大家好! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
Tallesty1: Tryna teach you chinese nah.
So what's the meaning I mean what u pos*?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Emerges First Black Councillor In Poland / What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! / Ohanaeze Demands Apology From Keyamo Over Buhari’s Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.