Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,837 members, 7,872,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

Invest In Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (44256 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
as we proceed ill discuss about the cake processing and how red oil palm can be processed into groundnut and vegetable oil heating to a high temperature,addition of catalyst and vitamin A...kindly stay tune has i unfold all.....you cant go wrong investing in this business
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nigeria use to be the first in the world before Indonesia,Malaysia,Thailand and Colombia over thrown us, it is the produce and consume oil in the world, its used in making bio-fuel,cosmetic product,various foods...etc
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
#doagric
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by loneytunes(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2014
@OP, Nice work.

I am very interested in this business and planning to invest in it. However, can I have a palm oil plantation in the south west (ogun and oyo states specifically) or does it have to be in the south east?
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
loneytunes: @OP, Nice work.

I am very interested in this business and planning to invest in it. However, can I have a palm oil plantation in the south west (ogun and oyo states specifically) or does it have to be in the south east?
our farm is in oyo state ogbomoso, you can ve yours there too...
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by loneytunes(m): 9:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
^^^Ok. Thanks. Would call on you for assistance when due as I've bookmarked this thread.
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 11, 2014
loneytunes: ^^^Ok. Thanks. Would call on you for assistance when due as I've bookmarked this thread.
you are welcome anytime
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by ihedioramma: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
teach me more i want to be part of it.
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
preparing the land for the nursery

Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
using of net to prevent certain animals to get entering into the nursery yard

Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Tennyemman(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
If you need palm kernal seed that has been cracked and wash contact me on 07066809583 for cheap price
We also sell palm oil in large scale,quality red oil,am in delta state isoko north
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
the nursery place has been prepared and we just bought the seeds from nifor

Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
we will start filling does nylons with sands from tomoro after everything have been filled we wet it or allow rain to fall on it so the sand can settle after 3days we then plant the seeds in a bag,kindly stay tune has i take you through the nursery stage gradually...

Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
we are using this type of nylons so we wont have to do the nursery in 2 stages
Advantages of Single Stage Nursery
1. once the seed has been planted, there is no further movement until field planting so that the root system is not disturbed and therefore establishment and growth is faster.
2. one can dispense with all the requirements in terms of layout, equipment and labour of the pre-nursery.
But it also have some disadvantages
it is necessary to have the full nursery infrastructure ready from the initial seed delivery.
it requires greater volume of water and additional engine fuel, wear and tear for the first two or three months.
it also requires more soil since all the culling is done at the large polybag stage.
it is more difficult to observe and supervise when the seedlings are spread over a large area.
culling and seedling replacement is cumbersome.
difficulty in providing proper shading to the germinated seedlings at planting.
If you have what it takes this is the best method,
questions are welcome
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
The Double Stage Nursery
The double stage nursery system involves planting of the germinated seeds in small pre-nursery polybags packed closely together in a very small area for the first two to three months. The seedlings are then planted out in the large polybag nursery where they remain for a further 7-9 months before field planting. This system has a number of advantages over the single stage nursery such as:

only a small section of nursery is required for the first 2 to 3 months.
less irrigation required for the first 2 to 3 months.
easier to observe seedlings and supervise nursery work during the critical early stage (2 to 3 months after planting).
culling can be carried out very quickly and easily at the first stage before planting into large bags.
But it also have its disadvantages too
an extra operation is created which is very labour intensive.
possible slower growth compared to the single stage especially with poor shade management.
poor transplanting technique from small to large polybags could give rise to severe transplanting shock.
If you have questions on this too kindly drop it below
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by DrTeeee(m): 3:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Plz don't forget to update o. We are following your progress. Thanks
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by christian11(m): 12:30am On Sep 26, 2014
Op, good thread you have here. Good work, as for oil palm plantation, I've been thinking about this for a long time, what I
have noticed is that the problem lies on processing the palm
fruits into palm oil, not just planting. Selling palm fruits only
will yield just a "lazy income", the money lies in processing,
and it's costly to call people to do the processing for one
when one has about 100-1,000 and above palms, in cases
like that, machines must be used. So what is the cost of
these machines and how can it be procured?
Secondly, when the cost of running these machines (I.e, NEPA
and diesel plus staff) are put in place, how possible will it be
2 make d amount of money u just mentioned. Thank u,
looking 4wrd to ur answers.
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by ISADEWOYIN: 7:44am On Feb 08, 2015
Please assist with the followings:

How much will be needed if you intend to plant about 2000 trees within a year or 2 for effective cultivation.
What is the likely annual net returns based on current situation.
The project is most likely to take place around Okada Village in Benin city soonest(after the general election).

What is your advice on this no of trees for a starter?

Thank you
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by nas4q(m): 11:43am On Apr 06, 2015
This thread is educative. Last year an elderly man was telling me 2 go into oil palm business where d trees have been grown. My work is just to pay an agreed amount of money and I will be d one 2 harvest for that season. I never really gave it much thought but now am beginning to consider d idea. The man said it's from N3000 upwards. I don't really know how many trees buh it's a large farm and that's what many people in that community do. They don't necessarily own their own oil palm business. My main focus is to buy 25Ltr of oil palm from akwa ibom and bring it down to d north. I just needed an advice on the Best way to make profit and all what not
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by chiboy11(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2015
Am followng, u refuse to state somtin here, how much wil it take u to plant oil seedlings on n acre of land.

2,What about if u buy the ones already being grownd from Nifor n u just tranfer in on ur land instead of goin tru d whole process of planting it 4rm d scratch, is dat not easy to run?

1 Like

Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by busogaspire(m): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2015
@op can I hav your contact
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Farmersfarm(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
any email or number to call you?
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by busogaspire(m): 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
My email is busogaspire@gmail.com
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by louis4fem: 12:07am On Sep 28, 2015
Oil Palm Nursery plants for sale in Bagbe Township Along Ondo - Ore Road, Ondo State.

They are well nurtured and grown to field level.

8 Minutes Drive from Ondo Township
20 Minutes Drive from Ore Junction

It is a 20,000 capacity Nursery.

You can reach me on 08060713408 (Louis) or Oluwaseun on 08148218269 or Boluwaji on 08039427380 or Olufemi on 08035446370

Grant Sage-Farms LTD.

Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by christskill: 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
pls I want to know the mass of a fruit and how many fruits are on a bunch of palm fruit
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Cosmascares: 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
Please, how was the clearing done? By hand or with tractor? What is the cost of clearing?
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Cosmascares: 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
tolugar:
Nice one op.

But your children and grandchildren will do havest

Lol

Please, how can I contact you? I need your help. I'm on 08093326855 calls and Whatsapp. Thanks in advance.
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Cosmascares: 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
The Double Stage Nursery
The double stage nursery system involves planting of the germinated seeds in small pre-nursery polybags packed closely together in a very small area for the first two to three months. The seedlings are then planted out in the large polybag nursery where they remain for a further 7-9 months before field planting. This system has a number of advantages over the single stage nursery such as:

only a small section of nursery is required for the first 2 to 3 months.
less irrigation required for the first 2 to 3 months.
easier to observe seedlings and supervise nursery work during the critical early stage (2 to 3 months after planting).
culling can be carried out very quickly and easily at the first stage before planting into large bags.
But it also have its disadvantages too
an extra operation is created which is very labour intensive.
possible slower growth compared to the single stage especially with poor shade management.
poor transplanting technique from small to large polybags could give rise to severe transplanting shock.
If you have questions on this too kindly drop it below

Please, how can I contact you? I need your help. I'm on 08093326855 calls and Whatsapp. Thanks in advance.
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by DCNM(m): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2017
@OP. Nice work so far but please acknowlege the source of all your write ups and not take the credits for someone else's intellectual property. it'd help others source the original guide to Modern Oil palm plantation.

Every bit of your posts@OP were copied without acknowlegment from "FAO Economic and social development series No.2/34. "The oil Palm" ISBN 92-5-100625-3. "
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Barraghan: 8:57pm On Mar 08, 2018
Please, can you give me a break down on the amount of labour required to plant the oil palm on 10 hectares of land? also, the amount of fertilizer required for that same 10 hectares? is there any pest or insect that disturbs the trees? if there is, how do you control it? i'd also like to know the cost of hiring labour to carry out the job. thank you!
Re: Invest In Oil Palm Plantation by Ahmedmasoud: 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hello there ,
I am Ahmed from Daresalaam ,Tanzania and want to start a palm oil plantation ,
I am stuck at obtaining the tenera seeds,is it possible to purchase them online from NIFOR,or at any other source that you are aware of?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why Fish Farmers Fail In Nigeria / Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required / Current Price Of Palm Oil Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.