Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,944 members, 7,883,289 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:20 AM

Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. (1783 Views)

EFCC Launches Massive Manhunt For Sacked Nigerian Official Over $2.1 Million / EFCC Launches Massive Manhunt For Sacked Nigerian Official Over $2.1 Million / Top Nigerian Official Does Not Know His Ministry Website Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 09, 2008
“A course participant at the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, Plateau State, who is also a nominee of the institute for the Senior Executive Course 30 (name withheld), has been caught stealing in faraway China when the participants were on study tour of the Asian countries.

The Director-General of the institute, Professor Akin Akindoyeni, it was learnt, had set up a three-man committee to investigate the allegation, saying that the issue remained a rumour until the Committee submitted its report.

A highly dependable source close to the institute told Saturday Tribune that the alleged participant who travelled along with other participants to China on a foreign study tour, was caught with the aid of close circuit monitor, stealing a camera belonging to one of his colleagues in Beijing, China.

The source narrated that when the owner of the camera raised alarm that his camera was missing, the participant who stole the item kept mute for two days until the management of the hotel where the incident occurred was contacted and told that one of its staff had sneaked into one of the participants’’ rooms to steal a camera.

It was learnt that the accusation forced the management of the hotel to swing into action and invited the police and all the participants to watch a recorded event on the circuit monitor.

Saturday Tribune gathered that it was the prompt intervention of the Nigerian Embassy in London and the pleading of his colleagues that saved the man from being arrested and tried in China.”

Ref – Nigerian Saturday Tribune – 14/6/2008

What a shame!!!
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by SeanT21(f): 4:58am On Oct 09, 2008
lmao!!!
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by Jakumo(m): 7:24am On Oct 09, 2008
Dividends of democracy.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by Godalone(m): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2008
This is a disgrace to our nation,Mr Briggs should be arrested.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by naijaking1: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2008
Question is, why did the Nigerian embassy swing into action trying to protect a common criminal with diplomatic shield?
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by knotty(m): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2008
on whose authority did the Chinese hotel use video recording on their guest at the hotel?
so, if i am in china my hotel room privacy can be violated at will? come to think of it, what guest do in their rooms should be sacrosanct, or shouldn`t it?
this by no means adjure the stealing prim and fit. but, you don`t catch a thief by killing his mother.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by texazzpete(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2008
knotty:

on whose authority did the Chinese hotel use video recording on their guest at the hotel?
so, if i am in china my hotel room privacy can be violated at will? come to think of it, what guest do in their rooms should be sacrosanct, or shouldn`t it?
this by no means adjure the stealing prim and fit. but, you don`t catch a thief by killing his mother.

of all the countries in the world to travel and expect freedom of expression, you think it's China? If you're in China and a foreigner, expect constant surveillance, especially if you're a high ranking official.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by tumfulu: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2008
so? whats the big deal in that?
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by naijaking1: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2008
knotty:

You're either quite naive, stupid, or just ignorant. There's no country (except naija, maybe) that doesn't maintain some sort of surviellance over important foreign visitors, criminals, or even their own citizens. For you to raise this objection as a means of deflecting the shameful and criminal act perpertrated by our official is simply a good example of red herring. You will fool nobody with your pseudo-technically legal argument.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by knotty(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2008
haba Naijaking1, how do you say a feloow man is stupid for raising a genuine concern on something that borders on decency? naive,yes. ignorant, ok. but, stupid? you must have been poorly brought up.
i am sorry for being so blunt about these needless name-callings.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by ifyalways(f): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2008
knotty:

Most hotels in developed and even developing countries use and have video surveillance though the guests might not know.it comes in handy in cases like this. cool
@Topic,shame !
Personally,methinks the embassy should have left him to face the music there in China .On the other hand,i wonder what the embassy wud have done IF it was an "ordinary and regular Nigerian" undecided
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by blacksta(m): 12:05am On Oct 19, 2008
You steal you get caught you face the consequences. The reason why nja's are theives is because they get away with everything in their in own country. Another thief(embassy) will quickly cover another thief
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by naijaking1: 12:58am On Oct 19, 2008
knotty:

haba Naijaking1, how do you say a feloow man is stupid for raising a genuine concern on something that borders on decency? naive,yes. ignorant, ok. but, stupid? you must have been poorly brought up.
i am sorry for being so blunt about these needless name-callings.

I apologize.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by QuotaSyste(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2008
All you ignoramus should just stop spewing rubbish. There is no close circuit camera mounted anywhere in any hotel room in any country. Close circuit cameras are mounted in other parts of any hotel, like lobbies, parking lots and others, but not in a hotel room. This nigeria criminal official was caught by the close circuit camera in the hotel's conference room where him and other of his groups/entourage where were conferencing. That was exactly the place he stole the camera, not inside the hotel room. For someone here to come out in the open and spew such nonsense that close circuit cameras are mounted in hotel rooms is just pure ignorance.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by ifyalways(f): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2008
QuotaSyste:

All you ignoramus should just stop spewing rubbish. There is no close circuit camera mounted anywhere in any hotel room in any country. Close circuit cameras are mounted in other parts of any hotel, like lobbies, parking lots and others, but not in a hotel room. This nigeria criminal official was caught by the close circuit camera in the hotel's conference room where him and other of his groups/entourage where were conferencing. That was exactly the place he stole the camera, not inside the hotel room. For someone here to come out in the open and spew such nonsense that close circuit cameras are mounted in hotel rooms is just pure ignorance.
. . .and who talked about hotel "rooms"
you are simply pathetic cheesy look here young man
ifyalways:

Most hotels in developed and even developing countries use and have video surveillance though the guests might not know.it comes in handy in cases like this. cool
@Topic,shame !
Personally,methinks the embassy should have left him to face the music there in China .On the other hand,i wonder what the embassy would have done IF it was an "ordinary and regular Nigerian" undecided
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by shotster50(m): 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2008
I bet the guy is soo proud of himself now
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by benedo(m): 10:38am On Oct 20, 2008
I hope the investigation team carried out a thorough one, this country --China-- is a very funny country especially when it comes to issues concerning coloured pepple(them no send us at aaaaaall).

I strongly suspect that this guy was prolly framed up.
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by geolabious(m): 10:56am On Oct 20, 2008
tumfulu:

so? whats the big deal in that?
[size=13pt]Will u sharaap[/size]
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by meexteriox(m): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2008
News like this bother me alot. I mean, you are opportuned to represent an organisation or body
in a highly placed institution like NIPSS, and also opportuned to visit China on a fact finding tour or conference
and you go about stealing or pick pocketing then i wonder what your offsprings will do.

The issue should not be where where short circuit cameras should be, but rather the punishment of this despicable
Nigerian, who has decided to portray us ''fellow Nigerians'' in bad light. Whether we like it or not we partake in the humilation abroad whenever
issues like this come up.

God help Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by QuotaSyste(m): 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2008
ifyalways:

. . .and who talked about hotel "rooms"
you are simply pathetic cheesy look here young man
Ewu Igbo wannna be. Read here and knock your dirty stinking self off and stop chasing men around in the forum.

Knotty:
Re: Top Nigerian Official Steals Camera In China. by cutey01(f): 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2008
First of all, I don't trust China when black people are involved--especially a Nigerian undecided
I also don't think they'll put CCTV in hotel rooms. The implication of this is that whatever event they showed the police and co. on the monitor was a coverage of the lobby and other open places and since they obviously didn't catch Mr. A stealing the camera in Mr. B's room, I have my reservations. If the CCTV camera actually caught Mr. A taking Mr. b's camera, I'm sure the investigation Prof. ordered wouldn't have been necessary.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Ghana And Nigeria? / Nigerian Elections To Be Cancelled - State Of Emergency May Be Implemented Soon / Our Country Nigeria Is The Giant Of Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.