Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,535 members, 7,944,576 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? (19764 Views)

Normal Or Mini Laptop: Which One Is Better? / Palmtop Or Laptop Which One Is The Best / Classmate Pc Vs. Olpc Cm1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by miracle4(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
Personal computers is the next cutting edge gadget that has completely taken over the minds of many and how they carry out their daily activities.

With Tablet PC and Laptop on the front line, it is some worth difficult to choose exactly which one to use. Both are packed with amazing features, elegant design and portability to match.

Are you wondering which of these devices you would like to buy? Well wonder no more, this post outlines the main features and things to consider in this two devices. Make sure you read this post before you choose.

Cost Implication

The tablet PC is relatively new in the market thus the production is low making the price slightly higher than that of a Laptop. It is possible to get a good laptop to meet your every need for about $250 to $320 but this is different for Tablets.

The average selling price of a tab is $490 while the average price of laptop is $650. At a glance, it looks like laptops are more expensive but when you compare their performance and features you would see that the tablet PC is way more expensive.

While with $300 you can get a good laptop, you will need up to &450 to buy a Tablet of similar performance and capabilities.

Size, Portability and Shape
Tablets are usually more portable as compared to laptops. You do not need any special bags to carry them or move around.

They come in different sizes and shapes and some are small enough to fit into a purse.

The laptop on the other hand is bigger than the tab and does not allow certain mobility and mostly has to be carried in a bag. This is one area which the Tab tops the Lap top.

Power Consumption, Battery Life and Durability

If you are someone who is always on the move, then the Tablet PC is definitely for you. It can last up to 17 hours without any connection to power. This is way better compared to the lap to 2 to 5 hours of power life.

The power consumption on laptop is due to the presence of fans, coolers and other power consuming devices. In terms of durability, the lap top tends to last more than the Tab. The screen of the tap is more prone to breaking and other hazards related to software that may arise

[[size=18pt]Continue Reading[/size]]
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
Tablet PC is the way of the future

2 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by sats: 9:10am On Jul 12, 2014
tablet PC all the way ... upgrade, step up ... if you can of course
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 11:04am On Jul 12, 2014
For me tablets are not yet powerful enough to replace a laptop completely. Their power is growing though so in perhaps in about 3 years we may see a true paradigm shift once again in computing form factor. For now I will be sticking with a laptop.

26 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed: For me tablets are not yet powerful enough to replace a laptop completely. Their power is growing though so in perhaps in about 3 years we may see a true paradigm shift once again in computing form factor. For now I will be sticking with a laptop.

Not true at all, what about the Surface Pro 2 and 3? What about the Asus T300LA? What about the Lenovo Thinkpad Helix. All of which come with core i5 or i7 processors. Windows tablets can easily replace laptops. They run the exact same OS with the same amount of power.

5 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Not true at all, what about the Surface Pro 2 and 3? What about the Asus T300LA? What about the Lenovo Thinkpad Helix. All of which come with core i5 or i7 processors. Windows tablets can easily replace laptops. They run the exact same OS with the same amount of power.

True but none of them carry dedicated GPUs which for me is key to the kind of performance I want from my machine. The alternative will be for the integrated GPUs to be as good as those in the AMD A10 apus. I know that within 2-3years tablets will be very capable of the kind of performance I like.

6 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

True but none of them carry dedicated GPUs which for me is key to the kind of performance I want from my machine. The alternative will be for the integrated GPUs to be as good as those in the AMD A10 apus. I know that within 2-3years tablets will be very capable of the kind of performance I like.

Intel integrated GPUs are quickly catching up and some are as good as the AMD A10 Kaveri APU. Watch videos on the Intel Iris 5100 or the Intel Iris Pro 5200. Or would you like me to link a video here bro.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by damola1: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
Serve different purpose.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by ibe9ja: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
Do people still use Laptops? cheesy
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Djtm(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
Laptops of course. Tablets are just for surfing the web, chatting, watching movies, etc. Mainly for entertainment purposes. You'd need a laptop if you want to do real work. Microsoft is trying to make an exception with the surface pro 3 tho.

8 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by whisper88(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
Me like desktop angry

9 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by femi4: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
I love my mouse, PC all the way!

3 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by datguru: 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
It's a pc or nothing... Fu*k tablet

3 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by iceberylin(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
24th century
its definatly TABLETS

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Djtm(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
ibe9ja: Do people still use Laptops? cheesy
You're kidding, right?

4 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Djtm(m): 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Most of the posters above me don't know anything about tech.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by 1stola: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Same thing as-
Meat vs. pkomo
If e no be laptop, e no fit be like laptop.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Babyboy1986(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ok make i think am first.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by fattbabakay(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
#TeamLaptop ... Makes programming easy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by zicjoe(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
For me- laptop all da way. I enjoy programming with it. I wil type fast using a laptop keyboard

2 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by dotcomnamename: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
[size=20pt]Does it make sense comparing Laptop a Master to Tablet a Learner?[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by fattbabakay(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
ibe9ja: Do people still use Laptops? cheesy
Yes...but broke n!ggaz dnt knw cos dey dnt av it...

23 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by youngice(m): 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
until i see tablet that can play dvd cds cheesy grin

18 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by bigx(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Both
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by lawrenceunaa: 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
both is needed at least there things u can do with laptop that u cant do with tablet eg multiple file sharing i connect my tab and usb card reader and copy files to both at same time.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Ptoocool(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tablet as in capsule?

6 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by toluxa1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ptoocool: Tablet as in capsule?

No, na syrup

https://www.nairaland.com/1806528/promo-price-ainol-ax3-quad

7 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by princechrming(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
If I wanna use a phone, I use a phone, if I want something larger in display and functionability , I stick to a Laptop, Tabs are short on size in full scale functionability as compared to a Laptop and short on portability when compared to a phone.

10 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Trendy247: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
I'll go for dis

5 Likes

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by psychologist(m): 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
U guys can also compare this two dudes
tongue

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anyone Has Product Activation Key For Office 2016 / How To Double Recharge Card On Mtn,glo,airtel And Etisalat With Cheat Codes / Socks Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.