Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,153 members, 7,896,907 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:13 AM

"the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. (2072 Views)

Here's What The 'i' In Iphone Means / Here's What The 'i' In Iphone Means / I Want To Chang The I.p Adres Of My Phone Or Hide My I.p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by cabali(m): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2008
I own a blackberry bold and thats cos it is complimentry. So tell that gay uche to remain numb!

so u guys want to tell me the storm is the answer? Just because it is touch screen? It cant get more lame than this.
Wether u r init or not, i am yet to see a replacement for the iPhone u can correctt me but dont tell me a phone because its gat touch screen
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by naijafan(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2008
@cabali

Saying the Blackberry was tied to RIM with so much confidence was what made me ignore you. . . if you dont want that, then why would you want an iPhone that is unfortunately tied to Apple grin
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by flyuche(m): 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2008
@cabali. blackberry bold? on which network? stop this child claims. abeg. blackberries are very useful business tools. ask the men
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by flyuche(m): 12:27pm On Dec 14, 2008
@cabali. instead of throwing blanket statements, go down to specifics. what features in the blackberry have you noticed shortcomings or what areas has the blackberry not lived up to your expections. give us sreenshots too.
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by cabali(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2008
@ uche. I am not like u that will say a phone is outright a mistake. All i said was the storm cannot be a replacement for the iphone and i maintAin tHat. And u posting before thinking as usual say i made that statement because i dont have a blackberry. THats why i said i hv a bold given by mtn but i use it with My zain line.

my major is an O2 xda exec. It does push, windows mobile, word, exel, pp, etc. I project presentations str8 frm d phone. U r saying the BB is for men. With what my phone ives me, i coordinate business just fine. If u think only the bb can help u as a business man then thats a complex and sorry, i can't help u out of that
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by Neoteny(m): 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2008
cabali:

@ uche. I am not like u that will say a phone is outright a mistake. All i said was the storm cannot be a replacement for the iphone and i maintAin tHat. And u posting before thinking as usual say i made that statement because i don't have a blackberry. THats why i said i hv a bold given by mtn but i use it with My zain line.

my major is an O2 xda exec. It does push, windows mobile, word, exel, pp, etc. I project presentations str8 frm d phone. U r saying the BB is for men. With what my phone ives me, i coordinate business just fine. If u think only the bb can help u as a business man then thats a complex and sorry, i can't help u out of that

foul.

when it comes to functioning as a business tool, the blackberry beats iphone hands down. no device offers push email seamlessly as blackberry does, and even the likes of Nokia and 02 via the XDA series etc incorporate blackberry push email support courtesy of the BlackBerry Connect software. truth is, Blackberry Enterprise Server is better than MS Exchange and almost evrything else out there.

i seriously doubt you have used a BB before, and if you have then probably you didnt use the email functionality/

its when it comes to entertainment and UI coolness that the iphone trumps the BB. other than that its recently since the advent of the 2.z firmware that iphone is playing catchup to the BB in terms of push email. even then, apple's push servioce is bedeviled by flaws, bugs and whatnot, push notification still sint fully off the ground yet, so careful in your fanboy exuberance.

i try to make my arguments in regards to devices ive used, basing the rest on reviews. i suggest you do the same, because you sometimes end up doing yourself more injury exposing your ignorance than flyuche can ever do. refer to your post elsewhere saying iphone unlocks do not unlock data service whereas we've been posting pix all along that show the iphone on 3G, EDGE and even wifi.

BB Bold is to me the best BB ever (though ive not seen the Storm-yet). it does have its shortcomings, sure, but its great nonetheless.
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by naijafan(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2008
thanks neo cheesy
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by flyuche(m): 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2008
RIM carved a niche for itself in the corporate world where it has strong foothold. the reliability and security of its email service has gain the trust  of a large number of business executives, sale force team, etc. its only now that its trying to capture a larger market share by making trendy handset designs and incorporating multimedia features in these models. just like they say, all work and no play. the iphone has a sweet UI, makes music and games a pleasant experience, beyond that,it's just another phone out there.
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by Neoteny(m): 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2008
flyuche:

RIM carved a niche for itself in the corporate world where it has strong foothold. the reliability and security of its email service has gain the trust  of a large number of business executives, sale force team, etc. its only now that its trying to capture a larger market share by making trendy handset designs and incorporating multimedia features in these models. just like they say, all work and no play. the iphone has a sweet UI, makes music and games a pleasant experience, beyond that,it's just another phone out there.

but funny enough, in spite of all you say and keep saying, the iphone has so far outsold blackberry even in the corporate world. it is now the second on the list of top selling smartphones after Nokia.

flyuche:

the iphone has a sweet UI, makes music and games a pleasant experience, beyond that,it's just another phone out there.

remove push email and tethering, and you can say the same for blackberry.

you keep forgetting that apple isnt snoring on its laurels; why do you think we have firmware updates every couple of months? push email may not be so polished now, but i bet you the apple code monkeys are slaving hard everyday and eventually though RIM has a headstart, apples push service MAY eventually beat RIM at its own game. remeber that iphone supports MobileMe, Gmail, and imap for Yahoo (a first) as well as MS Exchange.

and don't forget Cisco VPN and IPSEC, so its gearing up for a serious fight with the BBs of this world. for now, BB reigns supreme in the push email world but soon the tables may well turn.

and dont forget GPS which is also a great business tool. iphone supports street view, pedestrain mode, and turn-by-turn is soon coming.
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by texazzpete(m): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2008
All song and dance
For me, as soon as i heard the Storm lacks Wifi, i lost interest.
It's not a 'flaw', though. In the US, there's pretty ample 3G coverage and though data plans can get expensive pretty fast, they do give you lots of data.
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by texazzpete(m): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2008
flyuche:

RIM carved a niche for itself in the corporate world where it has strong foothold. the reliability and security of its email service has gain the trust of a large number of business executives, sale force team, etc. its only now that its trying to capture a larger market share by making trendy handset designs and incorporating multimedia features in these models. just like they say, all work and no play.

You actually sound reasonable for once there

flyuche:

the iphone has a sweet UI, makes music and games a pleasant experience, beyond that,it's just another phone out there.

No mention of the excellent, best-in-class browsing experience? Or what CNET called 'one of the best Calenders in any mobile device out there'?

'Just another phone out there' is mild praise indeed for TIME Magazine's 2007 gadget of the year.
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by cabali(m): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2008
What is wrong with all these schmucks? Where did i say the iphone is better than the bb as a business tool?

y'all need tostart wanking if u have a hard on off my posts. I said i will never say one is better than the other except i mention functions and i said the storm can not b d answer to d iphone just because it is touch screen period. Dont u gays read english? grin
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by ExInferis(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2008
cabali:

What is wrong with all these schmucks? Where did i say the iphone is better than the bb as a business tool?

y'all need tostart wanking if u have a hard on off my posts. I said i will never say one is better than the other except i mention functions and i said the storm can not b d answer to d iphone just because it is touch screen period. don't u gays read english? grin

what a foul-mouthed snotty little brat. you always come off sounding like a teenager with all this language.

clean up your act a little, clown, the gutter route is unbecoming of an Apple loyalist.
Re: "the Storm" Blackberry's Answer To The I-phone. by just1n(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2008
*agro*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sonyericsson Pc Suite And Window 7 For P990i / Cheapest Blackberry Xmas Sales! / Where Can I Download Music Free On Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.