Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,319 members, 7,897,458 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:29 PM

Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan (1688 Views)

How To Scan Your Mytv Receiver In 9 Easy Steps / How To Run Blind Scan Onstrong Decoder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by davetwitzy: 12:16am On Jul 14, 2014
Its no news that DSTV is the most preferred TV cable service in most areas in Nigeria, but Nigeria is a country with unstable electricity. At one time or the other, most of we DSTV users would have been interrupted while watching an important program. In the bid to restore power back, we find ourselves on the Waiting Seat due to DSTV's eternal scan(0-25 out of 25 which was once 0-10). Except you have a standby power, its most likely you would have experienced this and would have missed an important part of your program. It made me miss Mario Gotze's goal against Argentina in the WC final. Feel free to express your views about this ETERNAL WAIT if you've been in this position and what you missed due to the wait.
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by Adagba1: 10:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Honestly it makes me to hate Dstv
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by mecussey(m): 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
They have the worst decoder in the whole world, upon this 21 century
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by bigabbey: 1:38am On Jul 15, 2014
what do you expect from monopoly
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by pofolo(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2014
Normally it takes btw 3-5mins to scan. Anytin outside dis is "abnormal"... Dstv decoder are like mini-computers, they take time to "boost"too. There are a lot of channels n it increases hence the increase of tp's too. The interactive ability of d dstv decoder ( blizt update, programme schedules ,etc) are but few of d reasons d scanning happens. Truth is, its highly pissing.
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by figment232(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
Just get a UPS and connect ur dstv decoder.
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2014
pofolo: Normally it takes btw 3-5mins to scan. Anytin outside dis is "abnormal"... Dstv decoder are like mini-computers, they take time to "boost"too. There are a lot of channels n it increases hence the increase of tp's too. The interactive ability of d dstv decoder ( blizt update, programme schedules ,etc) are but few of d reasons d scanning happens. Truth is, its highly pissing.

As much as i see the logic in your view, i still beg to differ.

any other decoder used to track DSTV stations, including all these crap chinese boxes boot in less than 30 sec. IKS decoders that need to initiate a network connection after boot are usually up in a minute.

DSTV are using really crappy decoders (esp the newer micro boxes) and they further bog them down with security software.

i'd really like to know what the exact specs of the processors and ram of those decoders are, i'm willing to bet they are really crappy by any standard.

and did i mention really expensive?

No other SSP Satellite decoder i've come across like those Abu Dhabi/JSC boxes and even Sky boxes take that long to boot. 5 Mins!! hian lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by Leopantro: 10:42am On Aug 08, 2014
I thought my decoder had developed a fault. It would suddenly rescan on it's own or it would scan on not booting up get all the stations then start scanning again. And scanning time is 5-7 minutes.
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by JUO(m): 3:43am On Aug 09, 2014

i'd really like to know what the exact
specs of the processors and ram of
those decoders are, i'm willing to bet
they are really crappy by any standard.
dstv will never show you that cos you will get furious when you discover what is in there. with 5k you can get a ups or get their hd box that doesn't scan but only when update is available
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by danniyal(m): 8:47am On Aug 10, 2014
mine is actually 0-26 and it takes like eternity to boot
Re: Dstv Now Takes 'years' To Scan by davetwitzy: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
We have no choice really cuz DSTV offers the best channels in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Dstv Working Free On Liberty Star / / Starsat Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.