Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,825 members, 7,945,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Forgiveness Of Our Sins - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Forgiveness Of Our Sins (383 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? / Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Forgiveness Of Our Sins by yommyuk: 5:39am On Jul 14, 2014
Over the years I have heard Christians say, “I think I have committed an unpardonable sin.” Their body language showed the tremendous burden of guilt they carried. Perhaps this describes you or another believer close to you.
Based on the authority of the Bible, I can tell you without reservation that God loves you, and He forgives everyone who trusts Christ as Savior. Scripture says: With His blood, Jesus paid our entire sin debt and obtained our full pardon (Matt. 26:28). Every sin—without exception—is covered (Col. 2:13-14).

Forgiveness is given to everyone who believes in Jesus (Acts 10:43) and remains available to all believers (1 John 1:9).

Our pardon for sin is based on the riches of our Father’s grace, which always exceeds the offense (Eph. 1:7; Rom. 5:20).

God doesn't count past, present, or future sins against us (Rom. 8:1; 2 Cor. 5:19).

To reconcile us to Himself, God sent His Son to die in our place. He accepted Christ’s sacrifice as payment in full for our transgressions. He offers forgiveness solely on the basis of our relationship with Jesus, not on our behavior. Because of our faith in Christ’s completed work on the cross, we can be assured that we have received and will continue to receive His divine mercy.
Scripture assures us that no transgression is beyond the scope of God’s pardon. This isn't license to sin—far from it! Divine forgiveness should instead motivate a passion for holiness. If you’re struggling to accept God’s forgiveness, reread the verses above, and be thankful for such a great gift.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Hebrews 10:17
Then he adds: "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."

IT IS WELL GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Idolatry. / Update From Miracle Xplosion Cresude Wit Psat Kumuyi / How To Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.