Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! (3534 Views)

Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) / Facts About Android You Probably Didnt Know / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
Facts about android you certainly might not know.

1. Android Version Naming
A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,.. What’s this ?? Well this is the order in which most of Android versions are named so far. Don’t believe me..well here you go..
Android Versions:

→Android (System)
→Beta (version 1.0) (released on November 5th, 2007)
→CupCake (version 1.5)
→Donut (version 1.6)
→Eclair (version 2.0)
→Froyo aka Frozen Yoghurt (version 2.2.x)
→Gingerbread (version 2.3.x)
→Honeycomb (version 3.x)
→Icecream Sandwich (version 4.x)
→Jellybean(4.3)
→Kitkat(4.4)
I don’t know if you have noticed, but all of these names are also names of different kinds of deserts (Android and beta excluded though)! Interesting…?

My best guess is that they will continue naming the next generations of Android versions in this pattern. So what do you think the
next version of Android will be called?

2. Who gave birth to Android?
Well.. Google didn’t. Android Inc. was actually a company bought by Google back in 2005.
Android Inc. was originally founded in 2003.

3. What does Google get out of Android?
Well the Long term goal of Google is to capture large market share of Mobile Ad revenue.

4. Android is Open Source:
Some people doesn’t know this, but Android is actually Open Source.

To those of you that doesn’t know what that mean here’s some basic information about what Open Source programs have in common:

→The users of Android have access to the source code.
→The users of Android can change the source code and create new versions of the operating system.
If you succeed in changing the source code to a new and working version of the operating system, you can distribute this to other users.

5. Programming Languages:
Android is built using various programming languages such as C, Java and C++. C makes the core and Jave takes care of the UI..

6. Android Logo Facts:
Google’s Android logo derived from the Atari Game called “Gauntlet: The Third Encounter”. Or at least it seems so, looking at this comparison picture.

7. Nearly 50% of the market share
Android almost had 50% of the total market share in Q4 of 2011.

8. First released on?
The first commercial version of android was released on September 23 2008.

9. Licensing
Google gives Android free of cost to cell phone manufacturers.

10. Nearly 500.000 apps
There’s 430.000 apps available apps for android phones and tablets. Roughly 20.000 new apps are added each month.

To compare theres roughly 590.000 apps in app store (for iOS devices).
Culled from www...com.

More interesting topics
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
How to create a blog→→ http://www...com/2014/07/how-to-create-blog-with-blogger-.html?m=0

Double your Glo data
http://www...com/2014/07/double-your-glo-3gb-to-6gb-for-just-2k.html?m=0

6 Likes

Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
Are they interesting?

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by victorNRceo: 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by bjreal67(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
Guy is that a proposal for android project too long..
well next android J ..... Jelly Bean undecided
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by UchihaItachi(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
still waiting for you to list the facts I certainly don't know

BTW, this article is way outdated

3 Likes

Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Richhommie(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
U forgot about Jellybean (4.3)and Kitkat(4.4)
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
bjreal67: Guy is that a proposal for android project too long..
well next android J ..... Jelly Bean undecided
what are you saying?
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
Richhommie: U forgot about Jellybean (4.3)and Kitkat(4.4)
will update it
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
UchihaItachi: still waiting for you to list the facts I certainly don't know

BTW, this article is way outdated
reread I said "certainly might not know" not the other way round Mr toku toku

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
Mukina2
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by UchihaItachi(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=] reread I said "certainly might not know" not the other way round Mr toku toku[/quote]

you modified the post but forgot the thread topic?

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by parrotibaba(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
UchihaItachi:

u don catch am!!!! grin cheesy grin by d way op tnx 4 opening our eyes on sm of d shii u posted ,like d alphabet thingy
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Smartsyn(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lollipop, that's the name of the next version...

2 Likes

Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
UchihaItachi:

I made a mistake in the thread's topics.. I did no update
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
UchihaItachi:

my guy I no be rat when them the catch.. I updated no shi..
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Smartsyn: Lollipop, that's the name of the next version...
or Limpopo?
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2014

Yeah. It's Lollipop.
Quite in accordance with the naming pattern huh. cheesy
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by pendusky(m): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
Wowowowow this is interesting! thanks for sharing @
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
welldone , old dude, i like it.
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by hummerwise(m): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by iamsegsy(m): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
]Facts about android you certainly might not know.

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,.. What’s this ?? Well this is the order in which most of Android versions are named so far. Don’t believe me..well here you go..
Android Versions:

→Android (System)
→CupCake (version 1.5)
→Donut (version 1.6)
→Eclair (version 2.0)
→Honeycomb (version 3.x)
→Jellybean(4.3)
→Kitkat(4.4)[b:

I don’t know if you have noticed, but all of these names are also names of different kinds of deserts (Android and beta excluded though)! Interesting…?

My best guess is that they will cyontinue naming the next generations of Android versions in this pattern. So what do you think the
next version of Android will be called?

2. Who gave birth to Android?
Well.. Google didn’t. Android Inc. was actually a company bought by Google back in 2005.
Android Inc. was originally founded in 2003.

3. What does Google get out of Android?
Well the Long term goal of Google is to capture large market share of Mobile Ad revenue.

4. Android is Open Source:
Some people doesn’t know this, but Android is actually Open Source.

To those of you that doesn’t know what that mean here’s some basic information about what Open Source programs have in common:

→The users of Android have access to the source code.
→The users of Android can change the source code and create new versions of the operating system.
If you succeed in changing the source code to a new and working version of the operating system, you can distribute this to other users.

5. Programming Languages:
Android is built using various programming languages such as C, Java and C++. C makes the core and Jave takes care of the UI..

6. Android Logo Facts:
Google’s Android logo derived from the Atari Game called “Gauntlet: The Third Encounter”. Or at least it seems so, looking at this comparison picture.

7. Nearly 50% of the market share
Android almost had 50% of the total market share in Q4 of 2011.

8. First released on?
The first commercial version of android was released on September 23 2008.

9. Licensing
Google gives Android free of cost to cell phone manufacturers.

10. Nearly 500.000 apps
There’s 430.000 apps available apps for android phones and tablets. Roughly 20.000 new apps are added each month.

To compare theres roughly 590.000 apps in app store (for iOS devices).
Culled from www...com.

More interesting topics
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
How to create a blog→→ http://www...com/2014/07/how-to-create-blog-with-blogger-.html?m=0

Double your Glo data
http://www...com/2014/07/double-your-glo-3gb-to-6gb-for-just-2k.html?m=0
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by wheesin(m): 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2014

is lollypop a desert ? angry
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
What's up with this article? So outdated. Everyone probably knows 6 out of those facts. Same ol'
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 15, 2014
pendusky: Wowowowow this is interesting! thanks for sharing @
your welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 15, 2014
ajibolabd: welldone , old dude, i like it.
thanks.. But did you just call me old?
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2014
[quote author=] thanks.. But did you just call me old?[/quote] not much old, dude, thats just my way of saying compliments.
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 15, 2014
ajibolabd: not much old, dude, thats just my way of saying compliments.
hmm
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Jeffoo(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Android L
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by gerrardomendes(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
[quote author=]Facts about android you certainly might not know.
A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,..
→Android (System)
→CupCake (version 1.5)
→Donut (version 1.6)
→Eclair (version 2.0)
→Honeycomb (version 3.x)
→Jellybean(4.3)
[/quote]
Kuli Kuli
Limca
Moi Moi
Ngwo-Ngwo
Okpa

2 Likes

Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
gerrardomendes:
Kuli Kuli
Limca
Moi Moi
Ngwo-Ngwo
Okpa
hahaha undecided guy your head no correct
The last one really made me laff cry
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jeffoo: Android L
you think so?
Re: Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
The only really interesting fact here is probably the first. No wonder there're rumours that the next version is going to be called Lollipop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Btw Nokia N70, N70me & N70i / Force Tethering On Android To PC While On Etisalat BB Plan / Counter Thread: List Of TECNO Haters On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.