Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? (20149 Views)

The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD / Which Is Worse: Greed Or Selfishness / Our Police And Illiteracy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by ennylicious(f): 3:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
I need an answer ASAP

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by vizkiz: 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
the shame of the latter is greater than the former grin

29 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Jennydoris(f): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
It's better to lack exposure than to be illiterate. With just travelling u can be exposed to making new friends and meeting new things and learning from them too. But being an illiterate will make you not expose yourself for fear of being exposed of your illiterate nature. grin grin grin grin

69 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
It should be lack of exposure. Illiteracy has an accolade on it's Own. grin

4 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Karleb(m): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lack of exposure itself is illetracy, so what are we talking about here? undecided

26 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
Karleb: Lack of exposure itself is illitracy, so what are we talking about here? undecided
How? How are they both thesame thing. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Karleb(m): 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ceasar1:
How? How are they thesame thing. undecided

I mean, it's better to be an illiterate than to lack exposure.

7 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
Karleb:
I mean, it's better to be an illiterate than to lack exposure.
Wow! Are you really saying this?

Lol.. maybe you don't have any idea what an illiterate ‘Looks’ like Bro.

13 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Karleb(m): 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ceasar1:
Wow! Are you really saying this?
Lol.. maybe you don't have any idea what an illiterate “looks” like Bro.

And maybe you haven't seen an unexposed literate.

An unexposed literate in most cases is more or less an illiterate.

21 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by mynameisjade: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
To me they are both the same thing....
I recently had someone ask me what a Ferrari mean/was same dude has an IPAD,DSTV n lots of gadjects lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Talkcentral: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Dygeasy(m): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2014
Jennydoris: It's better to lack exposure than to be illiterate. With just travelling u can be exposed to making new friends and meeting new things and learning from them too. But being an illiterate will make you not expose yourself for fear of being exposed of your illiterate nature. grin grin grin grin
I beg to disagree.

Lack of exposure is worse.

We have illiterates who are very much exposed fashionwise, can maintain relationships well (intimate and platonic), know lots of places and can relate with lots of people excellently. Only they don't have the academic certificates and honours.

Being not exposed is worse. You could be educated and still not be exposed. I have a cousin whom when I hear his opinions on some issues makes me want to slap his head and he is educated and 5 years older than me.

What happened to the saying "Pass through school and school passing through you"

Not being exposed as a literate is worse.

And don't mixup exposure with being knowledgeable.

35 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by justi4jesu(f): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2014
All of the Above..
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by DICKtator: 7:51am On Jul 16, 2014
IGNORANCE IS MUCH MORE TERRIBLE!!
ILLITERACY!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by superior1: 7:51am On Jul 16, 2014
[size=13pt]Lack of exposure is an advance type of illiteracy[/size]

43 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Afrocatalyst: 7:52am On Jul 16, 2014
Illiteracy indeed. You can still complement yourself with your level of exposure.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by hydeka: 7:52am On Jul 16, 2014
Both are two sides of the same coin because if any is lacking it can pose a serious handicap in trying to achieve some things. An illiterate may not be able to express himself well even if he has the best of ideas. A man who lacks exposure even though very literate, will be an empty drum that makes much noise, just that he'll be making a refined kind of noise (with good diction and all). A man who lacks exposure will be out of tune with current trends and having him as the head of a project is most likely going to spell doom for the project because his ideas may not be feasible considering what is obtainable at that moment (which he is oblivious of). Now an illiterate may not even come close to heading a project. So as much as possible be literate and acquire exposure. That will make a balanced individual.

6 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by dewaledipo: 7:53am On Jul 16, 2014
Diamond Bank is the greatest robbers of all times. they have managed to blacklist me on amazon with their gross ineptitude and lack of concern for their customers. when i called their call centre, i was told that the money would be returned but up till date they have not returned my money or pay amazon.com. After complaining severally at their branch in okeilewo abeokuta. nothing has been done. Diamond Bank Oleeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!![size=15pt][/size]

7 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by freshness2020: 7:53am On Jul 16, 2014
The latter is the worst, ♈όϋ can compose and try to adapt when ♈όϋ are not expose.

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by ogawisdom(m): 7:53am On Jul 16, 2014
But literacy is a exposure nw grin its got to b illiteracy tongue
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Smartsyn(m): 7:53am On Jul 16, 2014
Illiteracy is worst.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by olaezebala: 7:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Lack of exposure is a great Sin

6 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by lawrenzez(m): 7:55am On Jul 16, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Illiteracy indeed. You can still complement yourself with your level of exposure.
do u understand d question? lipsrsealed
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by fattbabakay(m): 7:55am On Jul 16, 2014
Lack Of Exposure = Lack Of Exposure
Illiteracy = Lack Of Education

I'm sure you know the difference between EXPOSURE and EDUCATION.

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2014
Still typing...
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by lawrenzez(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2014
vizkiz: the shame of the latter is greater than the former grin
true talk grin grin
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2014
dewaledipo: Diamond Bank is the greatest robbers of all times. they have managed to blacklist me on amazon with their gross ineptitude and lack of concern for their customers. when i called their call centre, i was told that the money would be returned but up till date they have not returned my money or pay amazon.com. After complaining severally at their branch in okeilewo abeokuta. nothing has been done. Diamond Bank Oleeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!![size=15pt][/size]

This thread is about you.

21 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by babyBB: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2014
Karleb: Lack of exposure itself is illetracy, so what are we talking about here? undecided
guy u speak like an illiterate. they are two different things is better not to be exposed than to be an illitrate

2 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by CharlieMaria(m): 7:58am On Jul 16, 2014
Both.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by kibo: 7:58am On Jul 16, 2014
It depends on the level of exposure.

Any literate person would definately have some level of exposure and can still fit in the general sense despite his/her level of exposure.
On the contrary, an illiterate cannot mortgage his/her level of exposure for knowledge and would find it harder than the former.

Although when someone has gained exposure, he/she is likely to acquire some knowledge, so the arguement is kind off contradictory as both go hand in hand but are not the same.
It will still boil down to the level of exposure involved.

Considering all factors, i will pick Illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by emperortony: 7:58am On Jul 16, 2014
Pensive

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

16 Facts About Nigeria Men / Chinese Doctors Bowing Down To A 11 Year Old Boy Who Donated His Organs / What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.