Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,581 members, 7,941,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (45501 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by dridowu: 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
generalissimo: Whatever is not sold in KONGA or JUMIA where I have the option to pay on delivery, I would just assume it aint existing in the market while I'm still in the country. I hate to go thru this kinda situation where u wont have the luxury of punching the person u have issue with in the face.
@bolded, typical 9ja man

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nedu31(m): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
After reading some comment here, I decide to go to any nearby cyber cafe and log on to paypal site and locate their resolution box. I have similar issue with OP. After openning paypal,ebay account and linking my card to paypal account. On 5 July, I bought Android Tablet from ebay seller who based in Thailand, on 7th July, I bought 600pcs colourful rainbow rubber loom band from ebay seller who based in China, on 8th July, I bought another Android Tablet from ebay seller who based in London. From my ebay and paypal account indicate that all these items were shipped. The seller from China sent me track number. I sent a request to the first seller via ebay, to send me track number. Within some minute ebay sent me indefinite suspension message and cancellation of all my transaction. The reason they give was that my recent activity has raised serious security concern. All this while I being trying to contact them but no avail, I mail paypal but their respond is not inline to my complaint. Today mark it 6days of my ordeal.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nedu31: After reading some comment here, I decide to go to any nearby cyber cafe and log on to paypal site and locate their resolution box. I have similar issue with OP. After openning paypal,ebay account and linking my card to paypal account. On 5 July, I bought Android Tablet from ebay seller who based in Thailand, on 7th July, I bought 600pcs colourful rainbow rubber loom band from ebay seller who based in China, on 8th July, I bought another Android Tablet from ebay seller who based in London. From my ebay and paypal account indicate that all these items were shipped. The seller from China sent me track number. I sent a request to the first seller via ebay, to send me track number. Within some minute ebay sent me indefinite suspension message and cancellation of all my transaction. The reason they give was that my recent activity has raised serious security concern. All this while I being trying to contact them but no avail, I mail paypal but their respond is not inline to my complaint. Today mark it 6days of my ordeal.
serious
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nedu31: After reading some comment here, I decide to go to any nearby cyber cafe and log on to paypal site and locate their resolution box. I have similar issue with OP. After openning paypal,ebay account and linking my card to paypal account. On 5 July, I bought Android Tablet from ebay seller who based in Thailand, on 7th July, I bought 600pcs colourful rainbow rubber loom band from ebay seller who based in China, on 8th July, I bought another Android Tablet from ebay seller who based in London. From my ebay and paypal account indicate that all these items were shipped. The seller from China sent me track number. I sent a request to the first seller via ebay, to send me track number. Within some minute ebay sent me indefinite suspension message and cancellation of all my transaction. The reason they give was that my recent activity has raised serious security concern. All this while I being trying to contact them but no avail, I mail paypal but their respond is not inline to my complaint. Today mark it 6days of my ordeal.

na wa o
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by nicoleblunt: 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
Leetunechi: Too long mhen

meanwhile

AMERICA WILL KNOW !

America keh? The same people that seized liberty with mindful of the fact that Nigerians had a lot money there
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
this sort of thing can't and doesn't happen on amazon
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2014

The first contact should be ebay, goto their resolution center, look for the link that deals with account suspension then you should see a call "now" button. when u click it, it will give u a unique code which u have to input when u call them or better still, call them on +18665403229. When they pick your call, the will ask for your username and the address u used in registering on ebay. Explain your ordeal to the agent and request the agent to direct you to a paypal representative. You should ensure you ask for paypal direct line from paypal rep so u can contact them directly.

Opening a dispute right from your paypal dashboard would save u stress. Just logon to paypal, click on the transaction you wanna open a dispute for, then proceed from there requesting for a cancellation from the merchant.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
drakeskull:

The first contact should be ebay, goto their resolution center, look for the link that deals with account suspension then you should see a call "now" button. when u click it, it will give u a unique code which u have to input when u call them or better still, call them on +18665403229. When they pick your call, the will ask for your username and the address u used in registering on ebay. Explain your ordeal to the agent and request the agent to direct you to a paypal representative. You should ensure you ask for paypal direct line from paypal rep so u can contact them directly.

Opening a dispute right from your paypal dashboard would save u stress. Just logon to paypal, click on the transaction you wanna open a dispute for, then proceed from there requesting for a cancellation from the merchant.

Cheers

You are now an expert adviser now on ebay/paypal Nigeria. Have you received your funds yet?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
babseg:

You are now an expert adviser now on ebay/paypal Nigeria. Have you received your funds yet?

Lol.. I haven't but hope to get it soon since the payment has been reversed on my PayPal. It hasn't yet reflected on my credit card. Paypal said it might take 20 days. It took two days to get an alert from Gtb, so am hoping it won't take long
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
drakeskull:

Lol.. I haven't but hope to get it soon since the payment has been reversed on my PayPal. It hasn't yet reflected on my credit card. Paypal said it might take 20 days. It took two days to get an alert from Gtb, so am hoping it won't take long

20 days Jeez. Next time if you will still want to use ebay/paypal in the future, I will advise you to first transfer funds from your mastercard to paypal. its easier this way to make quick payment or getting a refund. Goodluck
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
babseg:

20 days Jeez. Next time if you will still want to use ebay/paypal in the future, I will advise you to first transfer funds from your mastercard to paypal. its easier this way to make quick payment or getting a refund. Goodluck
n

That would be a great idea but I have been searching for that option on my dashboard but can't find it. I doubt if its available for nigerians
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
drakeskull: n

That would be a great idea but I have been searching for that option on my dashboard but can't find it. I doubt if its available for nigerians

Thats not cool at all. you can add funds to your paypal account in uk from your card. check out the screen shot

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
drakeskull: n

I can't remember my Nigeria account ID right now but once I do I will verify for you if it exists.

That feature is available on my US account.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nedu31(m): 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
drakeskull:

Cheers
Thanks alot. I have open a dispute, waiting for the sellers reply
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by princeuk21(m): 11:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
na wa o undecided
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 12:00am On Jul 17, 2014
babseg:

Thats not cool at all. you can add funds to your paypal account in uk from your card. check out the screen shot

Wow. My own dashboard not even half filled as yours. The option isn't available
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 12:06am On Jul 17, 2014
Nedu31: Thanks alot. I have open a dispute, waiting for the sellers reply

Welcome bro. All thanks to nairalanders.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 1:00am On Jul 17, 2014
drakeskull:

Wow. My own dashboard not even half filled as yours. The option isn't available

Na wa o for 9ja sad
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2014
babseg:

Na wa o for 9ja sad
give paypal time ,it will take some time before tthey finally get their bearing in nigeria .
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: give paypal time ,it will take some time before tthey finally get their bearing in nigeria .

They know what they can do but the problem is that they don't trust any transaction from 9ja. So sad
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
babseg:

They know what they can do but the problem is that they don't trust any transaction from 9ja. So sad
I believe it is a business plan , we must understand thatt there is a slight difference between ebay and amazon. Amazon for now in nigeria is primarily a selling website which means ppl go there to buy but paypal offers more .the problem with paypal is they are still fashioning out a model for nigeria just like they did for kenya and india. Paypal sytem of operation in us and many other countries differ from each other. Once they have concluded the successful launch and right now I believe they are studying various complains from ppl and analysing it ,they will come up with a workable system for the nigerian market. It isn't easy and this takes time. Even western union had to devise a seperate method for the nigeria market
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: I believe it is a business plan , we must understand thatt there is a slight difference between ebay and amazon. Amazon for now in nigeria is primarily a selling website which means ppl go there to buy but paypal offers more .the problem with paypal is they are still fashioning out a model for nigeria just like they did for kenya and india. Paypal sytem of operation in us and many other countries differ from each other. Once they have concluded the successful launch and right now I believe they are studying various complains from ppl and analysing it ,they will come up with a workable system for the nigerian market. It isn't easy and this takes time. Even western union had to devise a seperate method for the nigeria market

Well you have a good point there which means 9ja is unique wink
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
babseg:

Well you have a good point there which means 9ja is unique wink
very very unique.let me give u an example, aviation . To get a license in ghana to operate take months but not years ,in nigeria it takes years and lots of lobbying. Secondly,most of the foreign airline opearating in nigeria wanted to shiftt their operations to ghana sometime a go ,so what they did was to charge high fares$ from nigeria to abroad or outside but charge lower in ghana for the same route all in order to divert passengers to ghana , but they were shocked that despite the exorbitant charges nigerian kept flying and didn't go to ghana,the fg intervened then if I am not mistaken. So what works in many countries may not or won't even work in nigeria. But believe me they will get It right, but till they do ppl in nigeria need to be very careful when using ebay and paypal and as much as possible they shouldn't tell the seller they are from nigeria or paying from nigeria . As much as possible always send items to an address in usa .pls this is not a law just my own personal opinion anyway
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: very very unique.let me give u an example, aviation . To get a license in ghana to operate take months but not years ,in nigeria it takes years and lots of lobbying. Secondly,most of the foreign airline opearating in nigeria wanted to shiftt their operations to ghana sometime a go ,so what they did was to charge high fares$ from nigeria to abroad or outside but charge lower in ghana for the same route all in order to divert passengers to ghana , but they were shocked that despite the exorbitant charges nigerian kept flying and didn't go to ghana,the fg intervened then if I am not mistaken. So what works in many countries may not or won't even work in nigeria. But believe me they will get It right, but till they do ppl in nigeria need to be very careful when using ebay and paypal and as much as possible they shouldn't tell the seller they are from nigeria or paying from nigeria . As much as possible always send items to an address in usa .pls this is not a law just my own personal opinion anyway

Yeah I understand your point but 9ja people should be careful to use ebay and PayPal. I only pity the early users like the op.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
babseg:

Yeah I understand your point but 9ja people should be careful to use ebay and PayPal. I only pity the early users like the op.
I think what happens is that most of them using paypal on ebay from nigeria always ask the seller to ship to nigeria, this automatically raises an alarm and some unscrupulous merchants may raise an alarm so that the order can be cancelled and money forfeited. Ppl using paypal should be careful. Look out for top rated seller and try to minimise the use of the word nigeria[just kidding]. But try and gett a usa address ,and make that address ur default shipping address,don't change it when u get to check out page only. How are u bro?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nedu31(m): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
Some sellers in ebay are scammers and ebay do support them if the buyer is from Nigeria. My issue is a case study, if you read my 1st comment here you will know how I got suspended from ebay. After reading this post yesterday I open a dispute against three sellers whom I transact business with. The 2nd and 3rd persons respond to me in a mutual way, both sent me track number to track my item, even one of my item is in Lagos now yet to get to my destination, the other one still in transit. But the 1st seller did not respond to me, this is the person who cause my suspension at ebay- if you read my 1st comment you will know how. I have giving this person 24hrs to respond to me or else I will escalate the dispute.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by miqos02(m): 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: but till they do ppl in nigeria need to be very careful when using ebay and paypal and as much as possible they shouldn't tell the seller they are from nigeria or paying from nigeria . As much as possible always send items to an address in usa .pls this is not a law just my own personal opinion anyway
sellers will always know you are buying from nigeria even if u enter a us address as shipping address, all he needs to do is to check your profile

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
miqos02: sellers will always know you are buying from nigeria even if u enter a us address as shipping address, all he needs to do is to check your profile

And then when they get caught circumnavigating eBays policy that they agreed to then they'll blame it on Yahoo boys.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
At last, my payment finally refunded. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
drakeskull: At last, my payment finally refunded. grin grin grin

Of course it would be refunded.

eBay is an American company and one thing no organization like that would play with is governmental intervention for fraud.

If possible in the future get the PayPal credit card. You will get paid immediately after you sell and refunds happen quickly too.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
drakeskull: At last, my payment finally refunded. grin grin grin

Congratulations grin so when are you doing your next ebay shopping?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
babseg:

Congratulations grin so when are you doing your next ebay shopping?

ebay keeeee, as long as i am in naija, ebay should go and ................

Purchased another item there sha but thru myus.com though. They will do the whole transaction for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

See Condition A Debtor Gave A Man On Paying Back The Money He Owned Him (pics) / Cosmas Maduka Coscharis Regrets Investing N1.7billion On Vehicle Assembly Plant / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Only Son, Fewa Otedola, On His Birthday

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.