Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,510 members, 7,917,609 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:07 AM

How Many Floors Can A Builder Erect Without Using A Crane? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Many Floors Can A Builder Erect Without Using A Crane? (767 Views)

SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny / Diary Of A Builder / Are You A Builder Or An Engineer?please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Many Floors Can A Builder Erect Without Using A Crane? by LondonCool(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
To all the builders/ Construction Engineers, a friend of mine is building a 14 storey Hotel in Calabar but has only built up to the 10th floor without using a crane. The workers are afraid of continuing beyond that height, and it has been difficult to haul up blocks and building materials any further. Hence, the construction has been temporally stopped.

My question is, is it feasible to continue putting up more floors without using a crane? What's the technique for hauling up the building materials for decking the floors from the 10th floor ( if at all it is possible) ?

Thanks
Re: How Many Floors Can A Builder Erect Without Using A Crane? by eghosajohnny: 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
LondonCool: To all the builders/ Construction Engineers, a friend of mine is building a 14 storey Hotel in Calabar but has only built up to the 10th floor without using a crane. The workers are afraid of continuing beyond that height, and it has been difficult to haul up blocks and building materials any further. Hence, the construction has been temporally stopped.

My question is, is it feasible to continue putting up more floors without using a crane? What's the technique for hauling up the building materials for decking the floors from the 10th floor ( if at all it is possible) ?

Thanks

The workers really tried to get there and as it stands they can't continue any more and there is no other technique apart from using crane.

Regards
Re: How Many Floors Can A Builder Erect Without Using A Crane? by LondonCool(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
eghosajohnny:
The workers really tried to get there and as it stands they can't continue any more and there is no other technique apart from using crane.
Regards

I remember that when Winners Chapel built a 7 storey block at their Iyana Ipaja location most volunteers were hanging by the sides if the building hauling up building materials without using a crane and it was successful.

(1) (Reply)

Quality Interior And Exterior Doors Available And Affordable / 3 Bedroom Flat In Magodo Pay N Pack In {pics} / Investors Delight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.