Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,239 members, 7,880,893 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC (779 Views)

I Don’t Know Where Your Daughters Are, Buhari ‘tells’ Chibok Parents, BBOG Group / FG In Close Door Meeting With Chibok Girls’ Parents / Two Buses Loaded With Chibok Girls Released (False Info, Retracted By DHQ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by Eldavido1: 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nigeria's president has cancelled a meeting with parents of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls,
accusing activists of playing politics.
The #BringBackOurGirls group should be ashamed of manipulating "the victims of terrorism", he said.
Mr Jonathan had been due to hold his first meeting with some of the girls' parents on Tuesday.
Islamist group Boko Haram captured the more than 200 girls during a raid on their boarding school in
April.
Mr Jonathan had been widely criticised for failing to meet distraught parents and not doing enough to
rescue the girls.
He agreed to the meeting on Monday following an appeal by Pakistani rights campaigner Malala Yousafzai.
The girls have now spent more than three months in captivity
Mr Jonathan says his government is doing everything possible to secure their release
#BringBackOurGirls was a global campaign launched on social media to secure the release of the girls.
Mr Jonathan had planned to meet 12 parents and five girls who escaped shortly after being captured.
"Unfortunately, political forces within the Nigerian chapter of Bring Back Our Girls have decided to take
this opportunity to play politics with the situation and the grief of the parents and the girls. They should
be ashamed of their actions," he said in a statement.
"Those who would manipulate the victims of terrorism for their own benefit are engaging in a similar kind
of evil: Psychological terrorism," he added.
The BBC's Mansur Liman in the capital, Abuja, says parents withdrew from the meeting at the last minute.
No reason has still been given for the apparent snub, he says.

m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28318259
Re: Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by Mogidi: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
The parents should be holding meetings with Buko hari.
Re: Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ok

Re: Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by skyra: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
Eldavido1: Nigeria's president has cancelled a meeting with parents of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls,
accusing activists of playing politics.
The #BringBackOurGirls group should be ashamed of manipulating "the victims of terrorism", he said.
Mr Jonathan had been due to hold his first meeting with some of the girls' parents on Tuesday.
Islamist group Boko Haram captured the more than 200 girls during a raid on their boarding school in
April.
Mr Jonathan had been widely criticised for failing to meet distraught parents and not doing enough to
rescue the girls.
He agreed to the meeting on Monday following an appeal by Pakistani rights campaigner Malala Yousafzai.
The girls have now spent more than three months in captivity
Mr Jonathan says his government is doing everything possible to secure their release
#BringBackOurGirls was a global campaign launched on social media to secure the release of the girls.
Mr Jonathan had planned to meet 12 parents and five girls who escaped shortly after being captured.
"Unfortunately, political forces within the Nigerian chapter of Bring Back Our Girls have decided to take
this opportunity to play politics with the situation and the grief of the parents and the girls. They should
be ashamed of their actions," he said in a statement.
"Those who would manipulate the victims of terrorism for their own benefit are engaging in a similar kind
of evil: Psychological terrorism," he added.
The BBC's Mansur Liman in the capital, Abuja, says parents withdrew from the meeting at the last minute.
No reason has still been given for the apparent snub, he says.

m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28318259
misleading caption,header should read parents cancel meeting with gej
Re: Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by Hangard: 8:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
At Op I have already opened a thread for this. why the misleading headline. Is it Jonathan that canceled the meeting, please change your headline.
Re: Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sometimes, i forget how good a footballer GEJ actually is. At this pace, he will displace maradona to become the pele of Nigerian Politics.

Good move, that was a trap.
Re: Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by Eldavido1: 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hangard: At Op I have already opened a thread for this. why the misleading headline. Is it Jonathan that canceled the meeting, please change your headline.

check out my source: And if u had read the first sentence on the BBC websites, it would have been obvious were my headline is coming from. And by the way I think I am the first to open a thread on the said topic.
Re: Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by Hangard: 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Eldavido1:

check out my source: And if u had read the first sentence on the BBC websites, it would have been obvious were my headline is coming from. And by the way I think I am the first to open a thread on the said topic.
I am not disturbed about who created the topic first, I am bordered about the misleading headline. Since you read the body of the article why don't you collect the misleading headline. Or is it not the same BBC that I copied the same article.
Re: Nigeria's GEJ Meeting With Chibok Parents Cancelled Once Again: BBC by Eldavido1: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hangard:
I am not disturbed about who created the topic first, I am bordered about the misleading headline. Since you read the body of the article why don't you collect the misleading headline. Or is it not the same BBC that I copied the same article.

Alright thanks for the correction, noted!

(1) (Reply)

Blamed By Opponents For Boko Haram Insurgency, Ali Sheriff Dumps APC, Joins PDP / Nanosilver, Ebola Cure Drug Sent To Nigeria / Photo Of Young President Jonathan!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.