Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,893 members, 7,942,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. (1686 Views)

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / Abducted Chibok Girl Found In Mubi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by publicenemy(m): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nigeria's president has accused activists of
"playing politics" after his meeting with parents
of the abducted schoolgirls was called off. The #BringBackOurGirls group should be ashamed
of manipulating "the victims of terrorism", he said. Mr Jonathan had been due to hold his first meeting
with some of the girls' parents on Tuesday. Islamist group Boko Haram captured more than
200 girls during a raid on their boarding school in
Chibok in April. Mr Jonathan had been widely criticised for failing to
meet distraught parents and not doing enough to
rescue the girls. 'Psychological terrorism' #BringBackOurGirls was a global campaign
launched on social media to secure the release of
the girls. Mr Jonathan agreed to the meeting on Monday
following an appeal by Pakistani rights campaigner
Malala Yousafzai. Mr Jonathan had planned to meet 12 parents and
five girls who escaped shortly after being captured
but the parents withdrew at the last minute without
giving any reason. "Unfortunately, political forces within the Nigerian
chapter of Bring Back Our Girls have decided to
take this opportunity to play politics with the
situation and the grief of the parents and the girls.
They should be ashamed of their actions," he said
in a statement. The girls have now spent more than three months
in captivity "Those who would manipulate the victims of
terrorism for their own benefit are engaging in a
similar kind of evil: Psychological terrorism," he
added. Mr Jonathan's spokesman Doyin Okupe said the
president was "extremely distraught". "He cannot understand this. He cannot fathom this -
that Nigeria's mothers will do this type of thing for
children," Mr Okupe said. Nigeria is due to hold presidential elections next
year. Mr Jonathan has not yet declared his candidature,
but speculation is rife that he intends to run for
another term. Last year, he declared a state of emergency in the
north-eastern states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe,
which are worst affected by the insurgency. All there are under opposition control. New York-based Human Rights Watch says more
than 2,000 civilians have been killed in Nigeria this
year by Boko Haram. The deaths occurred in around 95 separate attacks
in more than 70 towns and villages in the north-
east, where Boko Haram launched its insurgency in

m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28318259
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by publicenemy(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
what a sweet embarassment...

for over 2 months he didnt demand to see the parents untill Malala came to Nigeria and asked him to.

The parents did the right thing.

8 Likes

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
What Girls?
GEJ is a cretin! The girls weren't abducted in the first place! I thought by now he might have grown!
Shame!!!!

SAW
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by otokx(m): 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Is it not GEJ that refused to meet them? Why did they not refuse to meet Malala?

Na question he ask o?
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Another Proof that there are no missing girls.

If the same parents will snub the most powerful man in the land who can see to the safe return of their daughters then I believe there are no girls abducted.

As a parent I will do anything in my power and seek any help no matter how small to see that my kids are safe talk more of that of the President's.

5 Likes

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
JigsawKillah: What Girls?
GEJ is a cretin! The girls weren't abducted in the first place! I thought by now he might have grown!
Shame!!!!

SAW

You are supposed to be fasting.

You wandered in from whatever desolate place you have been with a tirade of misplaced insults and concluded it with a demonic signature.

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
otokx: Is it not GEJ that refused to meet them? Why did they not refuse to meet Malala?

Na question he ask o?

she is giving out $250,000. that's why they wanted to see her.
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO:

You are supposed to be fasting.

You wandered in from whatever desolate place you have been with a tirade of misplaced insults and concluded it with a demonic signature.

u GEJites wont seizeto amaze me!
Do i write like a muslim to u?
Since u deem it fit to ride GEJ's ddick.....just hope he cums long enough to satify ur ccunt!!!

SAW

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
JigsawKillah:

SAW

You are not only a Muslim but a fanatical bigot and a potential terrorist
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO: Another Proof that there are no missing girls.

If the same parents will snub the most powerful man in the land who can see to the safe return of their daughters then I believe there are no girls abducted.

As a parent I will do anything in my power and seek any help no matter how small to see that my kids are safe talk more of that of the President's.

we even shared a close mindset yet becos ur finga were itchy.....u took ur time to crticise mine! This is as a result of unemployment.

SAW
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO:

You are not only a Muslim but a fanatical bigot and a potential terrorist

when ur done, plug ur phone or whatever device ur typing with back in charging, u've been noticed!

SAW
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
JigsawKillah:

we even shared a close mindset yet becos ur finga were itchy.....u took ur time to crticise mine! This is as a result of unemployment.

SAW

You are a Muslim.

Stop posting that crap SAW here
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO:

You are a Muslim.

Stop posting that crap SAW here

keep arguing retard, u dont no me

SAW
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
JigsawKillah:

keep arguing retard, u dont no me

SAW

muslim slime ball... what else is there to know?

fark off
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO:

muslim slime ball... what else is there to know?

fark off

smh
time is money son
go get a life while u still can!

SAW
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by omenka(m): 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO: Another Proof that there are no missing girls.

Does he need to meet with the parents to ensure the girls are rescued safely from the bandits Why does it have to take a 17yr old foreigner and over two months to convince mr president to meet with the parents?? This was a step he shouldave taken from the very beginning of this problem, rather, he choose to live in denial, attributing it all to "his enemies". Sometimes I wonder why God has cursed us with such rulers as these. Soo soo damn unfortunate.

6 Likes

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by cbrass(m): 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO...aree sure you are a parent

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
cbrass: GBTYO...aree sure you are a parent

why? because I loath muslims?

How about the millions of muslim fathers that go about condoning rape and abduction of underage girls in the guise of marriage?
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by cbrass(m): 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO:

How about the millions of muslim fathers that go about condoning rape and abduction of underage girls in the guise of marriage?

No because your comments its too bitter, you won't want to train your children this way
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by ogbronx(m): 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
The world would be laughing at Nigeria and the kind of pple we seemingly vote into office.
It was a stupid thing to do. So the president couldn't pay that visit long ago or take more positive stance in bringing the girls ? It took a small girl to talk sense to him? Its just a damn shame. Insult to rationality.
The speed at which they rushed to tell the world and paint the campaigners of the rescue of chibok girls show this admin dispositions to its own failures. That visit was long overdue.
This is really a kindergarten admin!

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
cbrass:

No because your comments its too bitter, you won't want to train your children this way

I am a parent and if God forbids my daughter is abducted by some bearded goat farkers for use as a sex slave I will not sleep and will do all i can to see that she is returned. For these ediots to be playing politics at the detriment of their children's safe return shows that there was never any abduction in the first place.

This is where you must focus and not if I am a parent or not
tongue

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by mencade5(m): 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
this is my problem with some northern christians. Always cowering at the instruvtion of muslim leaders like slaves.

Gej wants to see you and you are formong champion. They should go and rescue their daughters themselves if they can.

Malala or whatever her name is, should go and fvck herself from wherever she came from.

They have been manipulated completely.

*insult me and receives ten times of your insults*
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by mencade5(m): 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO:

I am a parent and if God forbids my daughter is abducted by some bearded goat farkers for use as a sex slave I will not sleep and will do all i can to see that she is returned. For these ediots to be playing politics at the detriment of their children's safe return shows that there was never any abduction in the first place.

tongue
nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by nagoma(m): 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
GBTYO:

The Pope is thinking of forcing Priests to marry in his effort to rescue those choir boys from molestation sustained for years. Right now the choir boys remain the wife substitutes until the good Pope implements his marriage fatwa.
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by GBTYO: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2014
nagoma:

The Pope is thinking of forcing Priests to marry in his effort to rescue those choir boys from molestation sustained for years. Right now the choir boys remain the wife substitutes until the good Pope implements his marriage fatwa.

and what concerns me with catholic priests or any other useless religious establishment?

Next time stop xraying your useless religion with that of another.

Islam has no co-defender as far as I am concerned.
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by chaberry(m): 12:59am On Jul 16, 2014
J
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by cbrass(m): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2014
GBTYO:

tongue

So you are one of them that still believes this was a lie?
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by cbrass(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2014
mencade5: this is my problem with some northern christians. Always cowering at the instruvtion of muslim leaders like slaves.

Gej wants to see you and you are formong champion. They should go and rescue their daughters themselves if they can.

Malala or whatever her name is, should go and fvck herself from wherever she came from.

They have been manipulated completely.

*insult me and receives ten times of your insults*

No, no one will insult you but you may one day receive this treatment you guys are dishing out to these people
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by Meldrick(m): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2014
I think the timing was wrong. Its about 3 months and the President is just arranging a meeting. This dude is just a rude shock. I must not fail to mention Ezekwesili. She is sure behind the resistance from the parents to meet with the president. I think she must stop politicizing everything. It is annoying when people want to use any opportunity to gain cheap notice. Both parties must stop playing politics with sensitive issues. This is the problem with Nigeria.
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by TeskyMan(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2014
Culled from one of the commentators on The Punch website.

I think it is actually President Jonathan who should be ASHAMED of himself because he waited 3 months for a 17 years old girl young enough to be his granddaughter to come and teach him the technicalities of statecraft. It took the intervention of a 17 year old girl Malala after 3 months of the abduction of these innocent girls before Jonathan agreed to meet with the parents and the escapee girls. So if Malala didn't come, Jonathan wouldn't have thought of meeting the parents?. Well meaning Nigerians have asked the President to meet with the parents of the girls even if to reassure them but he ignored them since Jonathan doesn't even believe that any girl was abducted. Jonathan and his sympathizers still believe that the abduction was fake and stage managed to discredit him and stop him from reelection as confirmed by the bully spokesperson Okupe. Even when the bringbackourgirls heroins took some of the girls during demonstration to Jonathan on 2 occasions they were dispersed with teargas and prevented from entering Aso rock. Jonathan said he will not see anybody and instead sent the so called secretary Anyim Pius Anyim.

I SALUTE THE PARENTS OF THESE GIRLS FOR IGNORING JONATHAN AND THEY SHOULD NOT ATTEND ANY MEETING WITH JONATHAN BECAUSE IT IS ONLY A WASTE OF TIME.
Even when the world has come to terms with the abduction of the girls and the confirmation from Boko haram that indeed the girls are with them and with video evidence and confirmed by the parents that they saw their kids in that video some of the parents even died from high blood pressure after watching their daughters in that video still JONATHAN AND PATIENCE DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ANY GIRL WAS ABDUCTED.

This is a shame. If Jonathan has to wait for Malala to teach him what to do regarding meeting the parents then what he is telling the whole world in effect is that his grandchildren are the ones teaching him statecraft on every policy and that's why he is clueless and gets his policies wrong.....

Well said.....

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by Demdem(m): 10:37am On Jul 16, 2014
Jonathan the fool, what has he been doing all these months. He had to wait till a pakistani 17 year old girl tell him the right thing. Very useless man.
The only thing the mothers want is immediate freedom for their girls and not sweet talks.
Re: Chibok Girl"s Parents Shuns Meeting With President Goodluck Jonathan. by donodion(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2014
Reeeeetard in da villa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Nigerian Police Better Armed Than The Nigerian Army? / How I Wish Governor Ibikunle Amosun Is Abia State Governor / Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Finally Arrested In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.