Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? (7716 Views)

The Girl- Child's Right Of Inheritance (in Igbo Land) / Why Are Female Children Not Entitled To Inheritance From Their Parents? / Custom Of Inheritance In Akwa Ibom And Cross River State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by trano(m): 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
It's good to inherit wealth from parents but some of dem cannot manage their investments.
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
i once told my dad that sir,if u be jonathan i dont care that i have no hope of any property,the best he can do is raise me capital for bizness,till today we no dey good talking terms.
Even if i aint that wealthy tomoro,i want to work hard and earn my own daily bread with my own hustle
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:29am On Jul 17, 2014
Lucasbalo: There is something called ( Generational Wealth ) and that is lacking in Nigeria. Where are the Odutolas, Ojukwus, Abiolas and so many families today ?. There is nothing wrong in inheriting family wealth if the children can improve on it. We have families here in US that have been wealthy for over 10 generations like the Vanderbilts, Fords, Du Ponts, and others. The richest family in the world is the Walton's of the famous WalMart stores. We have The Koch's family and so many others. My point is that inheriting family wealth is not the problem, people should build on it for the next generations to come to immortalize the family names.

The problem with Odutola and the old money men, who made tonnes of money in the last 100 years was that most of them were illiterates. They made their money true trading and manufacturing, they also gave their children the best education.
But they made the mistake of not encouraging their children to take over their businesses, they believed business was for lowly educated people.

Read this book " Makers and Making of Nigerian Private Enterprise by Tom Forrest

1 Like

Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by Hempe(m): 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
.Only for idle elements. cool
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by debbleopto: 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
yommyphresh: Shebi na if person papa get wetn pikin go inherit sef. Chai! *strolls out of thread*

there are some people, even on this forum whom there father wanna inherit from them. the guy dey labour and the parent dey chop wella from him. Now tell me wetin the guy go inherit.

Agboju l'ogun fi rare f'oshika. - the man that put his mind on inheritance give himself to wickedness.
Re: Should People Hinge Their Future On Family Inheritance? by marymark126: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
Guaranteed!

While doing the same things you do everyday, your computer, Blackberry, Android, IPhone or other mobile devices can actually generate an assured N4,000 or more on a daily basis.

Your Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Google+ and other social networks can be harnessed to generate tremendous daily income for you, directly into your Nigerian Bank account without any disappointments.

Start earning your guaranteed N4,000 today.

To get started right now, send an email to Mary Mark at: marymark126@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akata Planning To Relocate To Nigeria / Why Do Igbo Kids Ignore Elders? / Oriki Omo Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.