Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,900 members, 7,938,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

The Purpose Driven Church - Part I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Purpose Driven Church - Part I (850 Views)

Pastorpreneurs part I. The Church Businessmen Exposed / Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God / Latest Important Prophecy By Prophet TB Joshua- Part I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Purpose Driven Church - Part I by naomijt(f): 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2008
A lot have been said about Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Church and The purpose Driven Life. Here is another article on it.

http://yomisays./2008/10/09/the-purpose-drivel-church-i/

Let's read and come back here to post our thoughts.

Biblical responses please. Thanks cheesy
Re: The Purpose Driven Church - Part I by davidylan4(m): 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2008
Interesting summary from Yomi and i tend to agree with him. I think he basically asks the same question that has gnawed deeply at my heart for so long . . . why has it become very difficult for today's "christian" to make the bible the foundation of everything we say and do (me inclusive)?

I was very interested in this - Is there Biblical basis for this?

this is the central question that Rick's book fails to address . . . and it was for their willingness to constantly make sure Paul's teachings had a biblical basis that earned the Berean christians worthy mention in the book of acts.
Re: The Purpose Driven Church - Part I by naomijt(f): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2008
You are right davidylan. The book falls short of biblical injunctions.

At one point or the other we tend to place "personal opinion", "feelings", "impressions" above God's word.

I would say a lot of christians are just being lazy. We prefer when people govern our lives for us.

The word of God should be the final authority in our lives not a manual or what anybody thinks.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

It's clear warren is just out to make the money.
Re: The Purpose Driven Church - Part I by davidylan4(m): 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2008
naomijt:

It's clear warren is just out to make the money.

there is something not addressed by the book . . . what is the purpose that drives the church?

Seems to me much of that "purpose" is centered around "church growth" . . . an euphemism for increased church attendance and revenue.
Re: The Purpose Driven Church - Part I by naomijt(f): 12:30am On Oct 11, 2008
davidylan*:

there is something not addressed by the book . . . what is the purpose that drives the church?

Seems to me much of that "purpose" is centered around "church growth" . . . an euphemism for increased church attendance and revenue.

Yes now. Church growth is the main thing not the passion to 'win souls' like they would say. The more the members the more the income.

Things that are unfounded in scriptures. Bible makes it clear that it's God that adds to the church daily not the skills of any purpose drivel pastor.
Re: The Purpose Driven Church - Part I by naomijt(f): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Are Kickbacks Tithe-able? / What Is Hell Like For Dead Foetuses, Stillborns And Little Children Who Die Youn / Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.