Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,879 members, 7,899,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:18 AM

Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno (28181 Views)

Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram / Military Begins 'operation No Mercy' Recaptures Gombi Pelia And Hong (photos) / Boko Haram: Military Begins ‘operation No Mercy’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Forwetinnah: 9:53am On Jul 17, 2014
Yes Bombard them the Isreali style. Animals!!
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by IYANGBALI: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2014
Eldavido1:

More reason the $1billion GEJ requested should be granted fast!
and half of the money would be chopulated by the enemies of progress
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Norajones(f): 9:57am On Jul 17, 2014
uboma: The Nigeria Military is now living up to their responsibilities just after the US had exposed their inefficiency in combating terrorism in the country. Let's have more criticisms from the US and other countries, who knows, our FG and the NM might wake up from their slumber.
and who told u dey neva knew wat to do?u tink dey r fools,,everythin in d military is order,,if ur superior does nt order u,,u cannot do anything even if ur enemy's knife is in ur neck,,,,i remember some soldiers usin deir knees to crawl 400 meters to d bobko haram camps n dey saw day dey were livin a normal life,,dey say d gals too,,deir wives n children,,dey were just waitin 4 d commander to say attack,,bt he said too many innocent civilians,,retrieve....pls applaud dem,,dey r tryin n not happy abt d situation,,my dad is a military man too,,n my frnd just lost her dad by boko haram,,last week,,n deir mom had died years ago...d soldiers r trying,,puttin deir lives on d line 4 u n me.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2014
larry322: The Benefits of being a One Star
TAN Ambassador are enormous. 1. You have access to firsthand
TAN activities. 2. You have access to offers and
opportunities which include
travelling , training , Job
opportunities etc. 3. N10,000.00 logistics money. 4. You become a ward
coordinator and may rise to a
State coordinator. 5. You represent your ward in a
national meeting of TAN
Ambassadors CLICK
HERE TO JOIN:http://www.tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=25287

boss how can i earn doe via tan.i need 2k now
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by remmydada(m): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2014
Is it not too late?
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by jobsat34(m): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2014
until @sirusblack confirm this, all na Wash... angry angry angry angry
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by uboma(m): 10:31am On Jul 17, 2014
Norajones: and who told u dey neva knew wat to do?u tink dey r fools,,everythin in d military is order,,if ur superior does nt order u,,u cannot do anything even if ur enemy's knife is in ur neck,,,,i remember some soldiers usin deir knees to crawl 400 meters to d bobko haram camps n dey saw day dey were livin a normal life,,dey say d gals too,,deir wives n children,,dey were just waitin 4 d commander to say attack,,bt he said too many innocent civilians,,retrieve....pls applaud dem,,dey r tryin n not happy abt d situation,,my dad is a military man too,,n my frnd just lost her dad by boko haram,,last week,,n deir mom had died years ago...d soldiers r trying,,puttin deir lives on d line 4 u n me.

Sorry about your friend's loss. Please note that when i make mention of the Nigerian Military, i am only referring to those in charge and not the front line soldiers. Right from the days of the Bakassi boys, it has always been obvious that our Military are no match in terms of weaponry and fighting skills needed to combat them. And those at the helm of affairs refused to do the needful. Instead innocent men were stationed at the battle line where they end up loosing their lives, with their families left to suffer untold hardship. Since then and until now, nothing has been done to equip these soldiers with the latest fighting skills and weapons. Thank God for the criticism from the US.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Norajones(f): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2014
uboma:

Sorry about your friend's loss. Please note that when i make mention of the Nigerian Military, i am only referring to those in charge and not the front line soldiers. Right from the days of the Bakassi boys, it has always been obvious that our Military are no match in terms of weaponry and fighting skills needed to combat them. And those at the helm of affairs refused to do the needful. Instead innocent men were stationed at the battle line where they end up loosing their lives, with their families left to suffer untold hardship. Since then and until now, nothing has been done to equip these soldiers with the latest fighting skills and weapons. Thank God for the criticism from the US.
dear i'll tell u one secret,,,d US wants sometin in return,,dats y d gvt n military r being adamant,,dose whites neva do anytin 4 free or cos dey care,,,don't worry soon d lite will shine n wats bin hidden in d dark will cum out..just kip prayin 4 Nigeria,,did u kw dat more dan 700 whites r working with n for boko haram?it's a political/religious war
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by uboma(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2014
Norajones: dear i'll tell u one secret,,,d US wants sometin in return,,dats y d gvt n military r being adamant,,dose whites neva do anytin 4 free or cos dey care,,,don't worry soon d lite will shine n wats bin hidden in d dark will cum out..just kip prayin 4 Nigeria,,did u kw dat more dan 700 whites r working with n for boko haram?it's a political/religious war

Where did you get your information about "more than 700 Whites working for and with Bokoharam?"...
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by waja(m): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2014
idupaul: What aircraft do they have to carry out precision bombardments . Story story
. My brother, you made a point.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2014
Good, good. Keep it up boys!
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 17, 2014
mu2sa2: The 1 billion dollars is Gej's slush campaign fund. Ha Nigeria! After pocketing 1 tr naira ( 6 billion naira) yearly defence budget, additional 1 b dollars to fight bh? Daris God oo

6bn dollar was spent only in 2012. Since then its been around 3 - 3.7bn dollar.

In fact, this so called defence budget isnt actually a defence budget. It is actually a security budget. The police, immigration,custom, secret service etc all share in it.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Norajones(f): 11:45am On Jul 17, 2014
uboma:

Where did you get your information about "more than 700 Whites working for and with Bokoharam?"...
im supposed to b sayin dis,,bt,,dose women dat escaped frm boko haram camps,,opened up to d military dat whites where der too,,not just any white like,,fulani,niger,,libya,,egypt,,bt real whites
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2014
Krak:

I know about those Super Tucanoes and I have done my research good enough to know that our Airforce is still too backward for my liking.

Thanks.

yeah but we cannot embark on an acquisition spree yet because of the frustrated cynics we have as citizens!
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2014
omenka: All of you saying this are really naïve I must say! This was thesame technique Stealer Udula deployed when she was caught hands in the cookie jar, staging a poorly acted assassination attempt. People with discerning minds know better.

conspiracy theories do not work on the minds of enlightened people. Pls have a seat.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by winiwini: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2014
Like, clear the bush?

Dbryan: All talk and no result,until u go 2 sambisa forest and do d needful....
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2014
cold: The extra 1 billion dollars being requested for is nothing if it will be put to use for the purpose it is meant for. The NAF is the weakest link in this war on terror and more cutting edge birds is required desperately to support the troops on the ground.

co-sign on this one
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 17, 2014
IYANGBALI: and half of the money would be chopulated by the enemies of progress

we can put up some strategies to prevent it.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by uboma(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Norajones: im supposed to b sayin dis,,bt,,dose women dat escaped frm boko haram camps,,opened up to d military dat whites where der too,,not just any white like,,fulani,niger,,libya,,egypt,,bt real whites

Hmmm! that's quite revealing... Please respond to the PM i sent to you.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
uboma:

pls tell us what kind of weapons and training you think we are getting at the moment that isnt enough. Most times, we talk with this preconcieved idea that is based on absolutely nothing else but the notion that nothing good can come out of Nigeria.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2014
waja: . My brother, you made a point.
his point, if he ever made one, is misinformed

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by burningspear(m): 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
waja: . My brother, you made a point.

Your 'brother' made no point!
Only to seat, eat and sleep (and lay with partner)
Wake again to watch TV and internet and then criticize GEJ and the NA.
... and the cycle continues...
No point made, no action taken, no solution or strategies proffered!!
Not even a sentence of prayer for the NA who put their lives on the line (of fire) for us all.
And you say your bro 'made a point'?

It shall be well with NA and their families
It shall be well with Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Jakumo(m): 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
[size=14pt]Yeeeeeeeehaw ! Go Airforce ![/size]

Sho y'right Johnny B. Goode ! Time for the muffugin' gloves to come off for real.

Let the aerial bombardment begin without further ado, and let the jet jockeys have FREE REIGN to smoke ALL targets of opportunity that they spot during combat aerial patrols.

If it is running away, strafe it.

If it is driving away, smoke it with missiles.

If it is firing back at you, serve up the whole muffugin' inventory of death from above, and let God sort out the souls of the innocent in heaven.

Deep down Niger Delta close to New Warri
Out in the woods among the ever-greens

There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a Big Boy named Johnny B. Goode

Who never had no time for all that show and tell
'Cause he be whuppin' they aszes just like a ringin' a bell

Go go, goooo Johnny go, Johnny B. Goode
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by uboma(m): 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
craziebone:

pls tell us what kind of weapons and training you think we are getting at the moment that isnt enough. Most times, we talk with this preconcieved idea that is based on absolutely nothing else but the notion that nothing good can come out of Nigeria.

Do you think that our Military are currently well equipped? If you do, there's no point discussing any further with you...
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by idupaul: 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
omoyeth:

@idupaul for ur information we hav enuf aircraft to bombard dose Barger blood sucker, Alpha Jet is working day ND night, incase u don't knw my F7 can destroy d whole Borno state within 10mins. But u can't just go into Air Deffensive Operation because of the casualty of ur citizen.

Great !! But the Alpha is a light trainer\ attack jet and can only carry very small payload of two small bombs and at most two air to air missiles for a short range dogfight ..I don't know the canons mounted on the alpha but I doubt if it designed to hit ground personnel .. The F7 is a chinese knock of the MIG 21 an old school superiority fighter .. Please can U tell me the kind of payload ordnance ur F7 can bear and how an air superiority fighter is suited to engage a rag tag ground force like BH.. Please do also tell me the precision munition that is currently available for ur F7
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Norajones(f): 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
uboma:

Hmmm! that's quite revealing... Please respond to the PM i sent to you.
add me on fb rather,,nora ntuk jones
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2014
uboma:

Do you think that our Military are currently well equipped? If you do, there's no point discussing any further with you...

why dont you just tell us what you think the weapons and training are. It is only when you know something that you will know if it is ok or not.

You really think the Americans, Israelis etc have enough training? No amount of training is enough in defsec.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by uboma(m): 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
Norajones: add me on fb rather,,nora ntuk jones

I'm not on FB.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
idupaul:

Great !! But the Alpha is a light trainer\ attack jet and can only carry very small payload of two small bombs and at most two air to air missiles for a short range dogfight ..I don't know the canons mounted on the alpha but I doubt if it designed to hit ground personnel .. The F7 is a chinese knock of the MIG 21 an old school superiority fighter .. Please can U tell me the kind of payload ordnance ur F7 can bear and how an air superiority fighter is suited to engage a rag tag ground force like BH.. Please do also tell me the precision munition that is currently available for ur F7

for ground attack counter insurgency, we already have the Tucanos.
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by Norajones(f): 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
uboma:

I'm not on FB.
ouch,,i forgot my e-mail password n d tin is formin james bond each tym i try to rectify it
Re: Insurgency: Military Begins Intensive Air Offensive Against Boko Haram In Borno by tjmc: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Eldavido1:

More reason the $1billion GEJ requested should be granted fast!

so to fight a terrorist group with less than 10000 members now requure huge sum as dis. so if in d case of foreign aggresdion, from, lets say niger republic, dis wud require withdrawin all our foreign reserve as well as 5yrs revenue from oil to prosecute such war.

for me a huge part of dis fund wud go indirectly to d BH niggaz. nd dis war no go end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IG Of Police Says ‘thugs’ Tried To Enter NASS, Insists Tambuwal Is Not Speaker / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba / Abba Kyari Moves To Remove Magu As EFCC Boss - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.