Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,810 members, 7,945,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

Man Sentenced 10 Years In Prison For Dragging Dog Behind Truck For 2 Miles - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Man Sentenced 10 Years In Prison For Dragging Dog Behind Truck For 2 Miles (954 Views)

Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him / . / Abused Elephant Rescued By Wildlife S.O.S. (50 Years In Captivity) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sentenced 10 Years In Prison For Dragging Dog Behind Truck For 2 Miles by larrymoore(m): 5:31am On Jul 17, 2014
South Carolina man has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison after admitting he dragged a dog for at least 2 miles behind his pickup truck.

Circuit Judge Letitia Verdin told Roger Owens of Greenville that what he did was one of the cruelest things she had ever seen before sentencing him Tuesday. Rogers was given the maximum of five years on the ill treatment of animals charge and additional time for traffic violations.

Prosecutors say Owens tied the dog’s front legs to the pickup’s tailgate in December and sped off, forcing the dog to run on its hind legs on the pavement. The dog suffered serious injuries, but survived and was adopted.

Owens’ lawyer told the judge her client cares for animals, but was drinking and wasn’t thinking straight.

Re: Man Sentenced 10 Years In Prison For Dragging Dog Behind Truck For 2 Miles by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 17, 2014
10 what?!....so if my igbo and yoruba brothers wey dey slaughter dog for fun as pepper soup where to be in south carolina.....em..em..e for nor easy be that o grin grin grin
Re: Man Sentenced 10 Years In Prison For Dragging Dog Behind Truck For 2 Miles by Burger01(m): 6:00am On Jul 17, 2014
Let him die in prison. We say NO to dog cruelty. I wish we have dog right laws in this country. angry
Re: Man Sentenced 10 Years In Prison For Dragging Dog Behind Truck For 2 Miles by Smartsyn(m): 6:04am On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Man Sentenced 10 Years In Prison For Dragging Dog Behind Truck For 2 Miles by larrymoore(m): 6:27am On Jul 17, 2014
smartchoice: 10 what?!....so if my igbo and yoruba brothers wey dey slaughter dog for fun as pepper soup where to be in south carolina.....em..em..e for nor easy be that o grin grin grin
that for be Live imprisonment or death by hanging.
Re: Man Sentenced 10 Years In Prison For Dragging Dog Behind Truck For 2 Miles by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 17, 2014
And the ones who stoned my dog to death are roaming free on the streets.

(1) (Reply)

High Quality Lhasa Apso Puppies For Sale / Me And Gabriella / (photos) 10 Cute Puppies You'll Surly Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.