Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,705 members, 7,965,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 06:12 PM

2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. (1905 Views)

Resign Now, PDP NYF To Metuh / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Ambode Must Probe Fashola Now – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 2:21am On Jul 18, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has been advised to tarry a little, before attempting to declare his second term ambition. Governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, stated this at a meeting they had with the President at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Monday night.Though the governors were in support of the President’s bid for re-election, they said the nation’s mood was not ripefor such a declaration.Investigations by our correspondent in Abuja on Tuesday and Wednesday showed that the meeting considered theplight of the abducted Chibok Schoolgirls and security challenges facing the country. It was learnt that based on these two major issues, the governors asked the President to study the mood of the nation more before considering an open declaration for re-election. Two of the governors, who were at the meeting and spoke with our correspondent separately, said that the President was advised to either visit Chibok or in the alternative, allow the parents of the kidnapped schoolgirls visit him at the Presidential Villa. One of them said, “The meeting was a painstaking one. We considered so many things. We talked about so many issues. While it was true we spoke about how to reposition the party and the gains we are making across the country ahead of the 2015 general elections, wealso considered the probability of when the President could make his open declaration.“Some of my colleagues argued that the time was ripe, but others felt that the mood of the country and even the international community are not favourable.“We argued that if the President declares now, it will be seen as being politically bad and not in the best interest of the nation and that it could be termed as being against the spirit of fatherhood.”He said based on this, the President was“advised to meet with the parents of the girls, even if some are going to see it as coming a bit late. It is better done now instead of allowing it go into history that the President did not visit or invite them for a meeting.”Apart from this, another governor said that the meeting also noticed that the Independent National Electoral Commission had yet to release the guidelines for the election.“We know that the campaigns are for him and part of efforts to strengthen the image of the government and that of the President. The position does not have this opportunity,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/2015-dont-declare-now-pdp-govs-tell-jonathan/
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by size38: 6:58am On Jul 18, 2014
So because of re election bid of GEJ, governors on d platform of the PDP and GEJ d president, is considering visiting chibok or allowing chibok parents to visit him at Aso Rock? This is completely bad politics and a Bad Omen for our country. Even if the rest of us dies the president and his party doesn't give a dawn so long as they have the power? I think the earlier Nigerians do away with PDP and some of our bad leaders the better for our country.

11 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2014
size38: So because of re election bid of GEJ, governors on d platform of the PDP and GEJ d president, is considering visiting chibok or allowing chibok parents to visit him at Aso Rock? This is completely bad politics and a Bad Omen for our country. Even if the rest of us dies the president and his party doesn't give a dawn so long as they have the power? I think the earlier Nigerians do away with PDP and some of our bad leaders the better for our country.

Cry me a river.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by donphilopus: 7:41am On Jul 18, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

Cry me a river.

Guy, you've been so daft that you couldn't even engage the guy you quoted in an intellectual/open debate, rather spewing your usual hocus pocus (cry me a river). Little wonder your moniker is all about intimacy.

He said GEJ and the PDP Governors are considering going to Chibok, or inviting their parents for a meeting in Aso Rock to score a political point. You should have proved to us that what the guy said is a pure lie, or ain't correct, rather than spewing this above balderdash!

Anyways, I do not expect any meaningful contribution from the Jonathanians, other than saying “supporters of APC”, “GEJ Till 2019”, “Cry me a river”, et al.

11 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by koboko69: 7:47am On Jul 18, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

Cry me a river.
Cant you dunces engage in a meaningful debate other than this 1 line poo u always write. This is madness.

9 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2014
Wait. Please are these people using "Chibok Girls dilemma" as a political strategy for the president re-election? This is absurd undecided . But from a professional stand, I won't even cajole the president to declare now, because the whole nation - both the local and international scenes - will see it as an insult. In that, instead of the president of a nation to coherently draw out strategies for the rescue of the Chibok girls, he's busy planning his re-election. And I won't even want him to declare a comeback now because it's apparent that the president has a gallon load of enemies here in Nigeria who want him terminated. He should try and do the RIGHT THING.
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by Adindupeter: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2014
How the mighty has fallen. @ Punch newspaper

1 Like

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2014
donphilopus:

Guy, you've been so daft that you couldn't even engage the guy you quoted in an intellectual/open debate, rather spewing your usual hocus pocus (cry me a river). Little wonder your moniker is all about intimacy.

He said GEJ and the PDP Governors are considering going to Chibok, or inviting their parents for a meeting in Aso Rock to score a political point. You should have proved to us that what the guy said is a pure lie, or ain't correct, rather than spewing this above balderdash!

Anyways, I do not expect anything meaningful from the Jonathanians, rather than saying “supporters of APC”, “GEJ Till 2019”, “Cry me a river”, et al.
You see reason why every right thinking people deserting APC, like two headed snake, you can't predict their destination at any point. What is wrong with the governors' advice for the President to wait till some damages by APC is controlled to manageable. We know that the desperation of APC to see Jonathan travel to Chibok is to see if the possibility of "IRONSI" treatment on him. APC knows that they don’t have enough popularity, goodwill, finance, good presidential material, national spread to defeat PDP hence their desperation to dis-stabilise them with lies, propaganda, insecurity, defections etc. Unfortunately for them, the master of the game, PDP has risen to the occasion again, Ekiti and Adamawa is evidence to prove, with more coming. So when I said, cry me a river, I expected those in crying mood because of after effects of HURRICANE JONATHAN to attack me. They did.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by Clerverly: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Postponing the EVIL DAY! We shall see who will laugh last!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 18, 2014
When would the right mood of the nation come for the President to declare interest?
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by K0B0K069: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2014
ilugunboy: When would the right mood of the nation come for the President to declare interest?
Repent and become Gej own like me
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by K0B0K069: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2014
Clerverly: Postponing the EVIL DAY! We shall see who will laugh last!
Repent and become gej own kid
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 10:36am On Jul 18, 2014
Clerverly: Postponing the EVIL DAY! We shall see who will laugh last!
Nwanne, have you found that your father missing
$20 million. Lie Lie go kill Una.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 10:57am On Jul 18, 2014
ilugunboy: When would the right mood of the nation come for the President to declare interest?
By telling his supporters not to kill because of his ambition is already an open declaration. So Tinubu and Buhari is waiting for his declaration before they know what to do? I bet you today, by the time Jonathan declares to re contest, APC states would have reduced from present 14 to 12 states or less, donphilus and koboko69 take note.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by saasala(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2014
May thunder fire my left nyansh if I cast a vote in 2015

1 Like

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
saasala: May thunder fire my left nyansh if I cast a vote in 2015
Who knows you?
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by saasala(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
PhockPhockMan: You knows you?

Sorry o, but your comment doesn't make sense to me......WTF is You knows you?

1 Like

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by Longeria(m): 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
PhockPhockMan: By telling his supporters not to kill because of his ambition is already an open declaration. So Tinubu and Buhari is waiting for his declaration before they know what to do? I bet you today, by the time Jonathan declares to re contest, APC states would have reduced from present 14 to 12 states or less, donphilus and koboko69 take note.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
saasala:

Sorry o, but your comment doesn't make sense to me......WTF is You knows you?

Hope u know u made a fool of urslf by editing his comment while quoting him but couldn't edit his original comment because its still visible for all to see.

Too many deceitful peeps in Nigeria and u just proved to be one.

Evil minded followers of evil minded leaders.

U can see the lenght u went just to counter him now imagine how dirty u will be if u happens to become a politician.

Evil minds everywhere u go just like MTN yet they pretend to be saints.

See ur life.

1 Like

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by skyra: 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
koboko69:
Cant you dunces engage in a meaningful debate other than this 1 line poo u always write. This is madness.
in d words of olamide, cry me a lagoon

1 Like

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by saasala(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
byrron:

Hope u know u made a fool of urslf by editing his comment while quoting him but couldn't edit his original comment because its still visible for all to see.
Who is this one?
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by supereasy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
Desperate governors, Desperate President
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2014
supereasy: Desperate governors, Desperate President
APC is one million times more desperate.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by ogbronx(m): 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
PhockPhockMan: You see reason why every right thinking people deserting APC, like two headed snake, you can't predict their destination at any point. What is wrong with the governors' advice for the President to wait till some damages by APC is controlled to manageable. We know that the desperation of APC to see Jonathan travel to Chibok is to see if the possibility of "IRONSI" treatment on him. APC knows that they don’t have enough popularity, goodwill, finance, good presidential material, national spread to defeat PDP hence their desperation to dis-stabilise them with lies, propaganda, insecurity, defections etc. Unfortunately for them, the master of the game, PDP has risen to the occasion again, Ekiti and Adamawa is evidence to prove, with more coming. So when I said, cry me a river, I expected those in crying mood because of after effects of HURRICANE JONATHAN to attack me. They did.
Guy! would any rational incumbent declare for second term in the light of what is happening. The fact that they have to advice him shows his daftness.
Re: 2015: DON’T DECLARE NOW , PDP Govs Caution Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
ogbronx: Guy! would any rational incumbent declare for second term in the light of what is happening. The fact that they have to advice him shows his daftness.
So that is the grand plan of APC abi? Don't worry, after reducing APC to 12 states or less in less than one month , he will declare.

(1) (Reply)

How Borno Governor Shettima And APC Organized The Fake Abduction Of Chibok Girls / Buhari's Presidential Campaign Posters Fluid Lagos![photo] / Photo: OBJ Tweets To Support GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.