Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,256 members, 7,910,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 08:18 AM

Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie (24092 Views)

Simon Lalong Accuses Jonah Jang Of Last Minute Looting / Characters In Chimamanda's Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah / Chimamanda Adichie: The Miraculous Deliverance Of Oga Jona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by odinma1: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Chubhie: 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
LaurelP:

Are u related to Patrick Obahiagbon?
Just wondering!
When the Nairaland resident Obahiagbon- jakumo writes, learners like me read his work like philosophy material. Tis a Master-Student relationship.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by inteli: 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
Classic but slanderous! score 43% !!
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by englishmart(m): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
Emperortj93: Article written by award winning writer, Chimamanda Adichie. Please read and share your thoughts..
As soon as he opened his eyes, he felt it. A strange peace, a calm clarity. He stretched. Even his limbs were stronger and surer. He looked at his phone. Thirty-seven new text messages – and all while he was asleep. With one click, he deleted them. The empty screen buoyed him. Then he got up to bathe, determined to fold the day into the exact shape that he wanted.
Those Levick people had to go. No more foreign PR firms. They should have made that article in the American newspaper sound like him, they should have known better. They had to go. And he would not pay their balance; they had not fulfilled the purpose of the contract after all. Continue...
He pressed the intercom. Man Friday came in, face set in a placidly praise-singing smile.
“Good morning, Your Excellency!”
“Good morning,” Oga Jona said. “I had a revelation from God.”
Man Friday stared at him with bulging eyes.
“I said I had a revelation from God,” he repeated. “Find me new Public Relations people. Here in Nigeria. Is this country not full of mass communication departments and graduates?”
“Yes, Your Excellency.” Man Friday’s eyes narrowed; he was already thinking of whom he would bring, of how he would benefit.
“I want a shortlist on my table on Wednesday,” Oga Jona said. “I don’t want any of the usual suspects. I want fresh blood. Like that student who asked that frank question during the economic summit.”
“Your Excellency… the procurement rules…we need somebody who is licensed by the agency licensed by the agency that licenses PR consultants…”
Oga Jona snorted. Man Friday used civil service restrictions as a weapon to fight off competition. Anybody who might push him out of his privileged position was suddenly not licensed, not approved, not registered. “I don’t want you to bring your own candidates, do you hear me? I said I want fresh blood, I’m not joking.”
“Yes, Your Excellency,” Man Friday said, voice now high-pitched with alarmed confusion.
“Put that DVD for me before you go,” Oga Jona said.
He watched the recording on the widescreen television, unhappy with his appearance in the footage. His trousers seemed too big and why had nobody adjusted his hat? Next to The Girl from Pakistan, he looked timid, scrunched into his seat. She was inspiring, that young girl, and he wished her well. But he saw now how bad this made him appear: he had ignored all the Nigerians asking him to go to Chibok, and now The Girl From Pakistan was telling the world that he promised her he would go. He promised me, she said. As if the abducted Nigerian girls did not truly matter until this girl said they did. As if what mattered to him was a photo-op with this girl made famous by surviving a gunshot wound. It made him look small. It made him look unpresidential. It made him look like a leader without a rudder. Why had they advised him to do this? He pressed a button on his desk and waited.http://lindaikeji..com/2014/07/the-miraculous-deliverance-of-oga-jona.html
she still didn't say anything
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by fredagu: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Our president. Is a weakly
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by BrAkingNews: 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
good
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
fredagu: Our president. Is a weakly
a weakly? Rotfl .

11 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by slap1(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
LaurelP:

Are u related to Patrick Obahiagbon?
Just wondering!
Are you quoting your other username? Just wondering, cos there is nothing Obahiagbonesque in that post.

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by kibo: 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
saasala: .

odinma1: ..........

[size=15pt] CAUGHT IN THE ACT !!! [/size]
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Bash92(m): 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Donetyno: hope our presido gets to read dis....

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by dvee2: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wow! Classic, that is why the writer is the hottest around the globe currently. sarcastic but with tons of messages wrapped in for the wise. Thumb up

3 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Odunharry(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
na frontpage i dey?people plenty 4 here

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by tellwisdom: 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
What is it with this chimayamaya writer....What has she got to say again? sad

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by rodeo0070(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nice one.
For modern survival and preparedness for life, check this link:
www.survivalpulse.

Thanks...
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by jericco1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Colonised goats!!! LOL, but she's open-minded I wish & pray Oga Jonathan Follows these procedures, and the level of impunity and mutiny will reduce to the barest minimun!!, the Chibok girls will be rescued, I pray so and let him first of all meet up with their parents, Nice work Chichi. I'd give you Grammy award.
I hope to find an open-minded lady for myself!..

4 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by olyspacekf(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
i will teach you how to handle your life time financial just check out my website @ www.naijanetbiz.com/olyspace
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Happywoman(f): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
If only the president can get to read this...and learn from it.

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Oahray: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
Hmmm... Nice. I wish she'd steer clear from politics though. The Nigerian version is dirtier than most.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by UjSizzle(f): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
fredagu: Our president. Is a weakly
....and your English is horrible undecided

6 Likes

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
WriteUp made sense like kilishi da NUNU. #bringbackourgirls.
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
UjSizzle:
....and your English is horrible undecided
madamTuranci.

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by experimentist: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
Mr Oga Jona should something in this write up!
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by ehmasjet(m): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
Mmm
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Opiosko: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
Chubhie: My guess is that 60% of this piece truly transpired in Aso Villa. I have refrained myself from commenting on political issues cos the current leadership and opposition has succeeded in transporting Us all back into the state of nature thereby defeating and making a mess of the fabrics through which government was formed. As a believer that nothing happens by accident, I have to convince myself that the old is probably enjoying their last ride before the new crop of young refined minds will take over the leadership of this great country and pilot affairs from under developed to a world best. It is doable.
Naive wish, the youths arn't better. Nigeria is fvcked since 1914

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by datguru: 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
Story... Story.. once upon a time, there was a country..

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
In 1 word plz
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
Nice. loving this. grin
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by kendrick93(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
wat kind of long talk be dis. pls try to make ur posts short.. no one gat tym to waste readin all dis
Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by chata25(m): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2014
if truly chimamanda wrote this
then by the power vested on me am goin to reward her beyond imagining

1 Like

Re: Miraculous Delivery Of Oga Jonah By Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2014
ogunjobifemi: Nice. loving this. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai / Junaid Mohammed: Afenifere Leaders Will Be The First To Flee If War Breaks Out / Buhari Reappoints Lauretta Onochie, Bashir Ahmad As Special Assistants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.