Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,480 members, 7,929,589 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 05:18 PM

I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra (10870 Views)

Chevrolet Optra -2002 Model / Toyota Hiace ("hummer Bus") Or Ford/chevrolet Buses: Which Is Better. / New Chevrolet Optra Vs Tokunbo Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 9:04am On Jul 21, 2014
@ hundeyin tosin was your Ac worked upon of recent. If yes then they must have changed the compressor to an automatic type wch every Ac technician believes its repairable. That issue has to do with your idle control system. Its either the throttle actuator is clogged up or you need a idle relearn which can be done with a scan tool
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by Ikenna351(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2014
gambus007: thank u.i dnt tink my has idle valve.have not seen anytin like dat.mayb i dnt knw wher is located.i have done research on d location of the idle valva which is not found.plz,if return d adjustment of throttle control butterfly will it work again?D partspare is not common in abuja.as for camshaft position sensor wen d socket is bin remove engine goes off will not strt until socket replaced.am suspen'ing the timing for dat.please i rily need help.

gambus007,

I think you need to be expilcit with your (TB) throttle body description.

What drives the TB butterfly? I mean, what opens up that valve in the TB I am looking at on the pictures? Where is the throttle cable connected to in the engine bay? On the TB? If on the TB, remove that intake tube on the TB, have someone depress the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold it there with ignition off, then look inside the TB. See if the butterfly is wide open. Ask the person to gradually release the pedal. Keep looking to see if the butterfly gradually close up. If that happens, then your TB butterfly is mechanically or cable driven.

The thing is, the images you posted are not clear enough. I could see the throttle cable resting close to the TB, but couldnt see if it stops on the TB or on a sensor on a TB.

If the TB butterfly is mechanically driven, then it should have a sort of IAC. You just have to find it, clean it, lubricate and reinstall. After, re-initialise the ECU to work with the refurbished or replaced IAC.

You could try Peugeot TPS and MTB reset procedure and see if that works. Find them below:

For TPS: http://www.peugeotowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21

For MTB: http://www.peugeotowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23

But if really the TB butterfly is electrically driven, then you may likely need another one. A brand new one will make more sense. But the ECU may have to be re-initialised with the TB/TPS.

If you can't do these checks yourself, bring the car to me to look at it, since you stay in Abuja.

As for what your mechanic did on the TB, I have no comment on that, since I do not know what he did. He probably fiddled messed with the throttle stop, if the TB is not controlled by ECU. But if its ECU controlled, then I really have no comment on that.

Good luck.

Ikenna
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 11:50am On Jul 21, 2014
Ikenna351:

gambus007,

I think you need to be expilcit with your (TB) throttle body description.

What drives the TB butterfly? I mean, what opens up that valve in the TB I am looking at on the pictures? Where is the throttle cable connected to in the engine bay? On the TB? If on the TB, remove that intake tube on the TB, have someone depress the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold it there with ignition off, then look inside the TB. See if the butterfly is wide open. Ask the person to gradually release the pedal. Keep looking to see if the butterfly gradually close up. If that happens, then your TB butterfly is mechanically or cable driven.

The thing is, the images you posted are not clear enough. I could see the throttle cable resting close to the TB, but couldnt see if it stops on the TB or on a sensor on a TB.

If the TB butterfly is mechanically driven, then it should have a sort of IAC. You just have to find it, clean it, lubricate and reinstall. After, re-initialise the ECU to work with the refurbished or replaced IAC.

You could try Peugeot TPS and MTB reset procedure and see if that works. Find them below:

For TPS: http://www.peugeotowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21

For MTB: http://www.peugeotowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23

But if really the TB butterfly is electrically driven, then you may likely need another one. A brand new one will make more sense. But the ECU may have to be re-initialised with the TB/TPS.

If you can't do these checks yourself, bring the car to me to look at it, since you stay in Abuja.

As for what your mechanic did on the TB, I have no comment on that, since I do not know what he did. He probably fiddled messed with the throttle stop, if the TB is not controlled by ECU. But if its ECU controlled, then I really have no comment on that.

Good luck.

Ikenna

Thank you for the advice.With my little knowledge i believe the throttle control has bn damage.before now when the car is in ingintion the throttle control makes sound with little movement.now no movement no sound. definitely i need a new throttle control.my problem is the availability of the throttle control in Abuja.i got one in Apo(tokunbo)which the seller's price was too high.the price will buy complete engine frm lagos.i was discoverd and contact the man who sold the car to me.He gave me a number in ladipo which i purchased toks throttle control,infact he keeps sending different one becose the RPM was on high side(2000rpm).Where do i get the new throttle control?if gotten will the rpm go back to the normal rpm?pls i need your advice sir.your address in abuja.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by oweniwe(m): 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
gambus007 didn't u see his phone number/email in his signature?

http://peugeotowners.com/ | | Scan your Peugeot with
PP2000 | | Abuja | | 08052811236 | | ikenna351@gmail.com

Rather than call/send mail, u dey ask for address here. .

Hmmm. . .
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
oweniwe: gambus007 didn't u see his phone number/email in his signature?

http://peugeotowners.com/ | | Scan your Peugeot with
PP2000 | | Abuja | | 08052811236 | | ikenna351@gmail.com

Rather than call/send mail, u dey ask for address here. .

Hmmm. . .
smile.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
gambus007: Thank you for the advice.With my little knowledge i believe the throttle control has bn damage.before now when the car is in ingintion the throttle control makes sound with little movement.now no movement no sound. definitely i need a new throttle control.my problem is the availability of the throttle control in Abuja.i got one in Apo(tokunbo)which the seller's price was too high.the price will buy complete engine frm lagos.i was discoverd and contact the man who sold the car to me.He gave me a number in ladipo which i purchased toks throttle control,infact he keeps sending different one becose the RPM was on high side(2000rpm).Where do i get the new throttle control?if gotten will the rpm go back to the normal rpm?pls i need your advice sir.your address in abuja.

If you buy tokumbor or brand new your car will not idle properly until it.

*IT Re-learns that's if your ecu (brainbox) has that support.

* If you hook the car up to diagnostic equipment and re-initialize.

Your throttle body is not plug and play.
So probably you have been getting good ones but not following the proper installation procedure.

Ill suggest you meet with ikenna since both of you are in abuja.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

If you buy tokumbor or brand new your car will not idle properly until it.

*IT Re-learns that's if your ecu (brainbox) has that support.

* If you hook the car up to diagnostic equipment and re-initialize.

Your throttle body is not plug and play.
So probably you have been getting good ones but not following the proper installation procedure.

Ill suggest you meet with ikenna since both of you are in abuja.
ok sir.thank you for the advice
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by HundeyinTosin: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
mayor2013: @ hundeyin tosin was your Ac worked upon of recent. If yes then they must have changed the compressor to an automatic type wch every Ac technician believes its repairable. That issue has to do with your idle control system. Its either the throttle actuator is clogged up or you need a idle relearn which can be done with a scan tool

@Mayor 2013, The AC was not worked on recently, Oil was changed 3weeks ago and check engine sign is still showing on the car, also checked the AC pipe and finds out its licking and needs to be weld but concerning the vibration thing what do you suggest....i should see AC Technician or what? i live in Lagos.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by sultaan(m): 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
I was banned for a couple of days so I have not been able to mislead anyone grin

You may have misfire or severe vacuum leak so extra load kill engine you know you have a CEL so scan first.

@ OP going by the pics you posted those two hoses cut on the TB has to be hooked up tight no air leaks, TB gasket needs to be good and that black sensor I think is the same as posted by Gazzuz clean that pointed end and make sure the hole it goes into is clean I have a pic of mine for a jeep TPS on top IAC idle air controller is black below it controls idle speed make sure it connected

Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by DECOtech(m): 12:02am On Jul 22, 2014
Siena:

I would personally buy a brand new one, even if it means importing it.

Once fitted, your car will need to be hooked up to suitable diagnostic equipment to carry out a basic factory reset. That will bring the idle rpm to the correct level. And by the way, it won't be 1000 rpm, which is way too high. More like 800 +/- 50 rpm
I need a very wonderful scan tool (the best) what wld it take me to get one?
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by SAM1979: 8:53am On Aug 19, 2014
I can help u resolve d problem. The problem is that u used d cleaner on d IAC valve. U need ACDELCO 93744675 IAC VALVE with CONTINENTALwritten on it. CFAO sell it N20,000 but I can source it for N15,000 for u
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2014
SAM1979: I can help u resolve d problem. The problem is that u used d cleaner on d IAC valve. U need ACDELCO 93744675 IAC VALVE with CONTINENTALwritten on it. CFAO sell it N20,000 but I can source it for N15,000 for u
.my problm is the throttle body control is damaged.i have not gotten it since.can u help me with throttle control?d picture is above.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
hello guru in the house am back with my issue.i have gotten the throttle control.rpm is not stable it goes up and down.when ever i on the a.c the engine goes dead.a friend is into key progamming.but he does not knw how to do reset for my car ecu(chevrolet optra)the scanner needs the model,i dnt knw if he should search daewoo lacetti or chevrolet optra.pls,do i need to change the ecu?am confused.pls nd pls i need advice.thank you in advance.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 7:32am On Aug 30, 2014
All you need now is a throttle body relearn and the rpm would remian stable. And I also hope it was fixed properly in such a way that no air enters into the system?
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 7:00am On Aug 31, 2014
mayor2013: All you need now is a throttle body relearn and the rpm would remian stable. And I also hope it was fixed properly in such a way that no air enters into the system?
i have tried to relearn not working.i got a menthod online which is on and off type but rpm goes up without coming down.sometime it goes down then engine dead.i really need help on it.do i need to reprogramm ecu ?the manifold sensor is working.the sensor control the throttle control,they are kind of contected.pls what do i do?thank you all.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by Ikenna351(m): 7:42am On Aug 31, 2014
gambus007: hello guru in the house am back with my issue.i have gotten the throttle control.rpm is not stable it goes up and down.when ever i on the a.c the engine goes dead.a friend is into key progamming.but he does not knw how to do reset for my car ecu(chevrolet optra)the scanner needs the model,i dnt knw if he should search daewoo lacetti or chevrolet optra.pls,do i need to change the ecu?am confused.pls nd pls i need advice.thank you in advance.

Have you checked for vacuum leak?

Ikenna
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 8:19am On Aug 31, 2014
Ikenna351:

Have you checked for vacuum leak?

Ikenna
how do i check for vacuum leak?any a menthod pls?i tried ur relern menthod,it worked,then switched off.5mins later prblm started again.infact the engine get hot fast nw.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2014
Check for vacuum leak. Are you saying your rpm fluctuates. If it does then somefin else is going wrong. Guess you need a complete tune up
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
mayor2013: Check for vacuum leak. Are you saying your rpm fluctuates. If it does then somefin else is going wrong. Guess you need a complete tune up
no leak for now.d rpm is not fluctuating anymore,rmp is above 2000.i had to change the throttle back to the old one wic is not working,but stable.the new one is working but rpm very high,i have done different relearn method for the new throttle control.i dont knw wat to do next!
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by sultaan(m): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
When you look inside the throttle body while it is attached to your car is it closed, slightly open or little open.

if it is open look at the nut on throttle body cable and check if there is a sign it has been moves.

I wil repeat myself for the the last time here. Several picture of the engine will help to see if there is anything wrong.

People might be able to see the engine of the Optra on the web know what everything should look like but can't imagine what your engine looks like
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
sultaan: When you look inside the throttle body while it is attached to your car is it closed, slightly open or little open.

if it is open look at the nut on throttle body cable and check if there is a sign it has been moves.

I wil repeat myself for the the last time here. Several picture of the engine will help to see if there is anything wrong.

People might be able to see the engine of the Optra on the web know what everything should look like but can't imagine what your engine looks like
ignition open up throttle body.throttle will move and make little sound.then i will wait for some second before i start the engine,when i start the engine the rpm goes up to 2000 without coming down.thats the prblm sir.thank
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Siena: I have no idea, why people would take their cars to the wrong people, to work on. And throw money at problems without prior research.

From the image shown of your throttle body, it's a DBW unit (Drive By Wire). Meaning there's no throttle cable, instead, your throttle pedal is actually the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). Any disturbance - replacement of the throttle body, dismantling of the butterfly, or cleaning means a throttle body reset is required. The idle speed will be on the high side if this reset is not carried out, sometimes fluctuating between 650-2000 rpm. With some models, a long drive under varying conditions (load and rpm) can reset the throttle body - assuming the ECU has a learning mode.

As per your camshaft position sensor, I would be looking to get that issue resolved, sooner rather than later, and in the meantime, STOP driving the car!
goodday oga siena.i have the toks. throttle body.i told a guy who is into key programming is like a friend.he has an advance scanner,i told him about ressetting rpm with scanner,he is not aware of it.pls which of the programm will he use to reset the rpm?infact i told some other so called local guru electrian they argue,saying that my throttle is cable throttle.pls and pls which of the programm or tool inside the scanner will he use to reset the rpm.thank you in advance.i need ur reply asap plz.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Siena:

I would personally buy a brand new one, even if it means importing it.

Once fitted, your car will need to be hooked up to suitable diagnostic equipment to carry out a basic factory reset. That will bring the idle rpm to the correct level. And by the way, it won't be 1000 rpm, which is way too high. More like 800 +/- 50 rpm
goodday oga siena.i have the toks. throttle body.i told a guy
who is into key programming is like a friend.he has an
advance scanner,i told him about ressetting rpm with
scanner,he is not aware of it.pls which of the programm will
he use to reset the rpm?infact i told some other so called
local guru electrian they argue,saying that my throttle is
cable throttle.pls and pls which of the programm or tool
inside the scanner will he use to reset the rpm.thank you in
advance.i need ur reply asap plz.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
If is a drive by cable then you can't reset using the scanner, you can only do that for a drive by wire
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
mayor2013: If is a drive by cable then you can't reset using the scanner, you can only do that for a drive by wire
its driven by wire,not cable.it uses sensor(manifold position sensor )
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pls post pix of your engine
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
mayor2013: Pls post pix of your engine
hello.thank you for ur contribution.i have bn busy.pls can u drop ur email so that i will forward the engine pix to ur email?thank you.i have not gotten it right.i dnt drive the car again.thank u once again.
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
Proof4uallexy@yahoo.com
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by gambus007(m): 10:10am On Sep 05, 2014
mayor2013: Proof4uallexy@yahoo.com
picture sent
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2014
I replied you
Re: I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra by mayor2013: 11:20am On Sep 05, 2014
The op sent me an email and from what I saw. I can ascertain that the throttle body is controlled mechanically I.e a drive by cable. So the issue of relearn is ruled out. What am suspecting the "op" hasn't still gotten the right throttle body. Although a physical inspection would be best for a thing like this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways To Avoid Getting Overcharged By Mechanics / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City For Drivers Worldwide By Forbes / Cummins Just Beat Tesla In The Race To Build A Semi Electric Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.