Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,249 members, 7,887,709 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:40 PM

Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? (3870 Views)

Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. / Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria / How To Make Money Breeding Dogs - Starting A Responsible Dog Breeding Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Nostalgia21(m): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2014
I'm a pet lover,i'm looking to venture into dog breeding business but i don't know how to go about it. as in what breed to start with, i have either caucasian or rott in mind tho. And how many should i start with?. Pls i need your advise
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Seun(m): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2014
Before you become a dog breeder, you need to be a successful dog owner. Owning your own personal dog is level 1, while breeding is level 10. You need to have a deep scientific and practical understanding of dogs, from your experience and from good dog books and youtube videos. You also need to understand the market. Why are people buying dogs? What breeds are they buying and why? What can you do better than others?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Nostalgia21(m): 11:44am On Jul 20, 2014
Seun: Before you become a dog breeder, you need to be a successful dog owner. Owning your own personal dog is level 1, while breeding is level 10. You need to have a deep scientific and practical understanding of dogs, from your experience and from good dog books and youtube videos. You also need to understand the market. Why are people buying dogs? What breeds are they buying and why? What can you do better than others?
thank you sir for the advise...
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by emmyvet(m): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nostalgia21: I'm a pet lover,i'm looking to venture into dog breeding business but i don't know how to go about it. as in what breed to start with, i have either caucasian or rott in mind tho. And how many should i start with?. Pls i need your advise

Rots top Caucasians in dog market according to demand. But GSD are popular demand dogs.
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Nostalgia21(m): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
emmyvet:
Rots top Caucasians in dog market according to demand. But GSD are popular demand dogs.
thanks alot sir.. I've already gotten a rott anyway. Will post pic of her

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by emmyvet(m): 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nostalgia21:
cute pup! how old?
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Nostalgia21(m): 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
emmyvet:
cute pup! how old?
seller said four weeks.
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by rotwailler(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2014
Nostalgia21:

How much did you get your rott please?
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Nostalgia21(m): 10:49am On Jul 23, 2014
rotwailler:

How much did you get your rott please?
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by emmyvet(m): 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nostalgia21:
seller said four weeks.
hmmmmm, young o
at least six weeks is better so the pups might have taken their first shots(tripple).
cute pup!
she looks(in color) like my 3weeks GSD pups.
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Nostalgia21(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
emmyvet:
hmmmmm, young o
at least six weeks is better so the pups might have taken their first shots(tripple).
cute pup!
lol. i'm actually plaining to take her to the vet in my area soon..
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by emmyvet(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nostalgia21:
lol. i'm actually plaining to take her to the vet in my area soon..

yea but she will be due for vaccination in 6weeks

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by mayorall(m): 7:37am On Jul 24, 2014
emmyvet:
hmmmmm, young o
cute pup!

Looks like GSD and rot mix.
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Nostalgia21(m): 9:52am On Jul 24, 2014
mayorall:

no.. Its pure rott.
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Yababoy(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
I think you are wrong but can you share why you think so because I can't see any GSD trait in the pup. That is not to say it is 100% pure o, but nothing in the pic points contrary to its been a very good rott.
mayorall:

Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by Soknown: 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
Nostalgia21:
Cute pup, good coat , box head ( I think), with good training and vaccination shots you should have a great experience with the Rott. I am a GSD enthusiast though.

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by tunjiano: 3:35am On Aug 21, 2014
Full Breed Rott,just like my 10Months old dat died few months ago....u'll really luv it
Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by younghartz(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2015
Nostalgia21:
I'm a pet lover,i'm looking to venture into dog breeding business but i don't know how to go about it. as in what breed to start with, i have either caucasian or rott in mind tho. And how many should i start with?. Pls i need your advise

Sire can we pls see her pix now?
Its over a year

1 Like

Re: Caucasian Or Rottweiler For Dog Breeding Business? by princemorufu007(m): 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nostalgia21:

Am interested in seeing it now too

(1) (Reply)

Imported Caucasian Shepard dog Available for Stud Service & Puppies Available!!! / Dog Rescued From Clutches Of A Big Python In Awka / Strange Animal Killed At Football Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.