Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,410 members, 7,950,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (207146 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2009
@butoneday

exactly how much should i be paying for a 4m fibre dish, new or old.

@george_d

daarsat is not on satellite yet . they are on terrestrial.

@lincpon

what exactly are the procedures of transfer of ownership of a DSTV card?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:56pm On Jan 01, 2009
olofofo:

@george_d

daarsat is not on satellite yet . they are on terrestrial.

No wonder. So, all this 'daarsat fever' noise is for another DISCOM, CTL or WORLDLINK crap! Ok, big deal, why don't we also form our own company (give it any name) and start re-transmitting free nilesat, hotbird channels? grin grin grin At least we will lower our prices to beat the competition! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2009
@Olofofo,
You can get a fairly used 4.0m fibre dish for about 35,000 naira or less. This price depends on the seller. A new 4.0m fibre dish will cost nothing less than 70,000 naira. The cost of materials for making fibre dishes are on currently the high side.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2009
@olofofo,
Why don't you just go for fibre? At that price (37K) which Adewest is calling I'm sure you can get a good quality one in Lagos that will give you all you want. Not all fibre makers are that bad. Or, do you have anything in particular against fibre?

[quote][/quote]i hope say u go provide traffic warder for him to clear the heavy traffic congestion while transporting jumbo-jumbo. grin grin grin.
Wishing u all a prosperous new year.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2009
@ fofo
       my brother take my advice<dont go for any local 3.0M dish.The pic is a 3.0m dish bought from kaduna by a member iwe,could u believe that after the installation mbc signal vanish in the afternoon.Butoneday here got even bbc on his 2.4m strong dish and with 3.0m fiber dish he was getting the same reception.If u re doubting if 2.4m eurostar dish can be able to give u showsports,go for 4m fiber dish and dont waste ur money in any local made pan dish.(the dish in the pic was installed with digisat lnbf)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2009
3.2m localdish from kaduna

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2009
pitodenz:

@ fofo
my brother take my advice<don't go for any local 3.0M dish.The pic is a 3.0m dish bought from kaduna by a member iwe,could u believe that after the installation mbc signal vanish in the afternoon.Butoneday here got even bbc on his 2.4m strong dish and with 3.0m fiber dish he was getting the same reception.If u re doubting if 2.4m eurostar dish can be able to give u showsports,go for 4m fiber dish and don't waste ur money in any local made pan dish.(the dish in the pic was installed with digisat lnbf)

@ Pitodenz, have u forgotten that all the Nigerian hand made DISH,be it fiber or steel it is by luck that u get an accurate one that produces a super signal. So stop specifying that one is better than one,don't be surprise to see that some 4m fiber due to some little offset on the mold could not work showsport in Lagos while u will see some 3m fibre work on showspot. So my friend if u are a fiber maker, try put ur self on research that makes ur work a highly efficient one.You can do better than how ur master thought you i.e by experimenting ur self. You all can agree with me that average Nigerian like a copy and paste job don't want to sacrifice time and money that is mostly our problem.

@ Twinstaiye, thanks for the call. And to let u know 1.8m dish can works all tps on nilesat (Even tp 11996H-27500) in Abuja i have one motorize install at my inlaw resident at Maraba all Nile signal are ok
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2009
@adewest

what is your advice? it has come to point that i must have showsport. meanwhile, i was at ALABA yesterday but was told that there was no original 2.4m eurostar in the market.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2009
olofofo:

@adewest

what is your advice? it has come to point that i must have showsport. meanwhile, i was at ALABA yesterday but was told that there was no original 2.4m eurostar in the market.

@ Olofofo, just get one 1.8m install here in bauchi and send the wire underground down to Lagos like some GSM operators does.Just joking grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I will gist u later on my MIKE TANGO NOVEMBER.U Copied that ?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2009
@ adewest
                 am not a fiber maker am just an installer and i dont work with any fiber company. What i said is from experience,most job done with fiber dish re mostly ok,i think because the makers has a standard mode for the building.THIS MODE i believe has been tried over the years before achieving a particular standard.Adewest i ll love it if u confirm the possibility of getting a 3.0m eurosta,strong or stronger dish cos am always at panic whenever am installing big local dishes for nile even fiber dish.
@ fofo
        look for old 4m fiber dish cos the last one i got and refoiled got all the tp including showsports and cnn here in ph.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2009
adewest:

@ Olofofo, just get one 1.8m install here in bauchi and send the wire underground down to Lagos like some GSM operators does.Just joking grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I will gist u later on my MIKE TANGO NOVEMBER.U Copied that ?

roger that.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 11:53pm On Jan 01, 2009
olofofo,
i think you should try a new original 2.4m eurostar pan sourced by Adewest.I believe it has the same strength as 3m fibre but the Lagos factor is the problem.I am 90% sure Showsports will come out on 2.4m in Abeokuta,Ibadan,Ilesha.remember that it comes out on 3m fibre in all those locations.I will suggest an alternative in an old 4m fibre which you can get from moulders or Asians who abandoned it some years back.ask installers or moulders,they will surely get it for you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY.Thanks a million Kemi Graciousme and Mide for the wonderful texts.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 12:02am On Jan 02, 2009
@olofofo, tox9ja, pitodenz how much will a heavy duty jack cost in lagos or PH?does any of u have an xperience with 3m motorised mesh dish?please throw some light on it .i may give it a try based on ur info @All anybody interested in events in Ghana can get TV3 on 3738H 1750 or TV AFRICA on 3725 H 1462 all on NSS7 CBAND. @salamander trust me im not one of the defeated mps and i'm not from TAIN either Lol. @ALL i wish everybody a happy new year
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 9:02am On Jan 02, 2009
I want to congratulates all my Honourable members of Nairaland aka Hon Nairalanders for makling it to 2009 many we started the year 2008 together but they are unable to see the end despite our climbing roof,ladder and tracking of birds the Almighty God still protects us despite our idionsyncracies dont you think God deserve the PRAISE. He has promised that this year 2009 is our Year of Fruitfulness,Rejoicing, Testimonies , So lets commit all that we intend to do into Him this year we shall not loose any one among the forum in Jesus name Amen we all will moved from grass to grace in all our endeavours. The wisdom and understanding to exploits break unplow grounds God will give to us. I want to thank our moderator - Hon Speaker Moderator Twinstaiye for his time when ever I called him for infos which he really did God will continue to bless your household you shall be lifted this year In Jesus name. My Honoiurable friend - Mr Enitan for picking my calls when I was having difficulties tracking Intelsat7/10 Ku ( though it took me hours but not knowing it was because of the storey building near my house blocking the signals) thanks for your inputs all the time. Honestly, I have gained a lots from this forum and am becoming a guru to my co neighbours.Thanks ALL. THis year we shall break into all unplow areas. God willing in Jesus name. Amen
I apreciate you all. Adekunle Femi (Abuja)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by graciousme(f): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2009
@all = A very pleasant morning to every member of this wonderful thread.anybody reading this definitely made it to 2009.you are welcome to a year of prosperity, fulfilment, love.joy and all desires of your heart will be met.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2009
@george_d
guy can 2.4m strong/Eurostar get all the nile tp in warri?if not which size will
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 10:35am On Jan 02, 2009
Captainus,
thanks for the info on TV3.I had always been crazy about Ghana so much that I wanted to relocate there to work for a radio/tv station in the coastal area but changed my mind when Ihad some tempting offers with the Lagos govt.I will scan it as soon as electricity is restored.please avail me of more info on Ghanaian stations.I already have TVAfrica and MetroTV.who is your candidate?I had always preferred Atta-Mills,ever since the Rawlings days.please contact Adewest for the jack.He has experience in all installation processes.Sayso should also contact him.

Graciousme,
when are you coming to Lagos?I don't think I will enter Abuja until 2010 as I have so many engagements here but I will try my best to abduct you to the world's 6th megacity.regards.

all,
it's like everybody is too tired to write like before.hope it is not Xmas/new year hangover.I hope you saved for bigger dishes as this is the in-thing for 2009.lest i forget,there are keys for SKY ITALIA Hotbird 13*East on www.anaigram.com.when you get to the homepage,look for Sky italia and click on it.Adewest,badaru,mide2008? or 2009,and all Hotbird catchers should try it out.it is not included in the abracadabra package,you need to imput it manually.

George D,
I am really sorry about the silence.I had problems with my lappie's adaptor and electricity supply but the problem has been solved so I am about checking ur mail and sending u a reply.pls bear with me.I have a pal we call GeorgeD in Lagos.I hope you are not bad like him.He can never sleep overnight without a fish beside him.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2009
@sayso,
2.4m dish cannot give you all nilesat TPs in Warri. But you will enjoy BBC with 2.4M. You need at least 3.5M dish. 4.0M is fantastic with steady reception.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Thanks for replying sayso. I was going to tell him exactly the same thing.

@sayso,
If space is not a constraint, why not get the 2.4m fibre or pan for most of the nilesat transponders and then get a 2.4m mesh motorized for cnn and others? Just a suggestion.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2009
toxnaija:

George D,
I am really sorry about the silence.I had problems with my lappie's adaptor and electricity supply but the problem has been solved so I am about checking ur mail and sending u a reply.please bear with me.I have a pal we call GeorgeD in Lagos.I hope you are not bad like him.He can never sleep overnight without a fish beside him.
The ball is in your court. I'm ready whenever you are. And, no I'm not like the other GeorgeD. I like fishes but not to that extent grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2009
i hope say u go provide traffic warder for him to clear the heavy traffic congestion while transporting jumbo-jumbo.   .
Wishing u all a prosperous new year.
@adewest,
Your yab don dey too much o! The man say him no get plenty money to take buy 4.0m pan dish, so I come dey advise am on the cheapest option. Abi na bad I do again? Na wa for you o! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2009
@ALL
"Everything that can be invented has already been invented." May The LORD in His infinite mercies strengthen us with good health and Divine wisdom to discover the goodies in the year 2-0-0-9. HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2009
Mr. Gem:

@ALL
"Everything that can be invented has already been invented." May The LORD in His infinite mercies strengthen us with good health and Divine wisdom to discover the goodies in the year 2-0-0-9. HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL.
Are you sure about this?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2009
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
Thanks for replying sayso. I was going to tell him exactly the same thing.

@sayso,
If space is not a constraint, why not get the 2.4m fibre or pan for most of the nilesat transponders and then get a 2.4m mesh motorized for cnn and others? Just a suggestion.

george this nilesat go put person for wahala.space no dey ooohhh.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2009
sayso:

george this nilesat go put person for wahala.space no dey ooohhh.
Just be sensible about it. Apply wisdom and all will be well.
Are you still interested in that stuff we discussed about on phone?
Weekend don reach already.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2009
George_D:

Just be sensible about it. Apply wisdom and all will be well.
Are you still interested in that stuff we discussed about on phone?
Weekend don reach already.

Yes,I will be in warri today,will call you to get it for me when I get to warri.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2009
@sayso,
Just send me mail as we discussed. I still dey for work. shey you code?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sayso: 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2009
George_D:

@sayso,
Just send me mail as we discussed. I still dey for work. shey you code?

george pls give me that e-mail again,I cannot find the other one.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2009
how possible is the meeting ,to me i dont think its possible because we have almost known each other on one on one,if people in other locations can do as well that will be better off,from western zone ,enitan,ola,badaru ,olofofo and tokunboh  and my humble self,we see and talk mostly all the time ,is only bodejohn and mide that i haven met.
meeting no pass this let everybody pay visit to each other from their various provinces.say we should come together its not possible except if we one share ghana must go ,then people in the north go jam people in the south.Anyway ,i greet una for the new year.May the joy and happiness in 2009 abide with us all.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2009
@ obnelly, it seems majority dont really subscribe to this general meeting. just tell me if this individual visitation to some fellow members continues, wont it seems like one is closer to some and far away from some. i can continue to be paying personal visits to those i will feel appreciated. the aim of the meeting is just to foster the relationship among us based on sharing same intrest. @ mr gem, am completely with u, there's nothing new to be made, just discoveries of something we havent been taking note of.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by linksman(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2009
@All,
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Let the tracking of birds begin.
wishing everyone a BLESSED and PROSPEROUS 2009
NUFF LUV

@Vickoy,
ol'boy, what's wrong with all your phone numbers. non of them is ever available? abi, NIGCOMSAT dey affect you too?
pls, get across to me ASAP
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2009
sayso:

george please give me that e-mail again,I cannot find the other one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.