Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,738 members, 7,905,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:20 PM

Female Circumcision! Why? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Female Circumcision! Why? (1018 Views)

Understanding Female Circumcision And Its Effect On The Girl Child / Female Circumcision Still Pratice In Nigeria!!! / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Circumcision! Why? by Em2va: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2008
How could people be so heartless, as to circumcise female children. Does anyone know the origin of this nightmare that
is eating deep into the Nigeria of today, especially in the rural communities, and even shockingly in some urban areas
by people who believe that women should not messup every where due to their orgasms, and should remain only at home
basically for the satisfaction of the man, whether or not she finds it painful. Does anyone have a good argument for smiley or against sad female circumcision?
Please voice out!
Re: Female Circumcision! Why? by benincitys(f): 1:18am On Oct 12, 2008
is bad they should stop it i am against it .
Re: Female Circumcision! Why? by manenof: 7:50am On Oct 12, 2008
for me the war against female circumcission should be taken to the rural area with serious
agreesion.
for most chidren given birth to in the cities are not realy circumcise. the ignorance of the dangers are prodominate in the rural area grin tongue
Re: Female Circumcision! Why? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2008
Whats good for the geese . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . undecided
Re: Female Circumcision! Why? by chessguru(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2008
wicked
Re: Female Circumcision! Why? by plappville(f): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2008
and even shockingly in some urban areas
by people who believe that women should not messup every where due to their orgasms, and should remain only at home
basically for the satisfaction of the man, whether or not she finds it painful

First i would say that there is no where in the bible where it says female child should be circumcise, those parents who does it are not christians and i would also say that in those days it is lack of education that parents do bring in this subject, in some family they asked the husband to pay back the circumsition fee that is if the girl was circumcised befor she got married. i would also say that((((Female circumcision is a barbaric form of child abuse))) these are some of there reason why parents choose to circumcise their female child.

Some believe that women who have had the procedure done are more virtuous because of reduced sexual desire. It is believed they will remain chaste prior to marriage.

Some view the clitoris as "dirty" and believe that having it removed is a sign of cleanliness. Others believe that in order to safeguard the girl's virginity the clitoris must be removed.
this is totally wrong, when one doen't wash herself, she is surposed to be dirty.

Many families believe it is the only way to ensure their daughters are seen as "pure" and thus desirable by potential husbands.
Only premitive and non romantic men will want to welcome female circumcision

Still others believe that removing the genitals and thereby reducing or eliminating sexual desire will ensure that in the future, when the girl becomes a wife she will remain faithful to her husband.

As far as i am concern, parents should put a stop to this wicked act, it is true that eliminationg of the clitoris does reduce sexual desires, BUT WHAT IS SEX IF WE don't ENJOY IT?? i have two friend whom are circumcised, they don't have sexual feelings and they are mirried, when  i tell them how enjoying this things is they go crazy, i am so happy my parents didn't do that to me, HUBBY IS WHITE AND TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD HAVE MARRIED A GIRL WITHOUT A CLITORIS) LOLhe is right because that is the most sensitive part of a woman.
Re: Female Circumcision! Why? by Em2va: 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2008
Plapville, I serioulsy feel for those friends of yours, how do they cope? I hope their husbands are aware
and have understood their very physique? Please pray for them, because most times such women lose
interst in their marriages.
Re: Female Circumcision! Why? by maxcolino(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2008
that's all bull shit as for me angry
Re: Female Circumcision! Why? by plappville(f): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2008
I hope their husbands are aware
and have understood their very physique
They love their husband so they are scared they could lose thier hubby if he knows about this. they are sad though for not to have experienced real sexual feelings.

(1) (Reply)

Appreciate Naija Women / Gay Or Osu / Michelin89

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.