Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram (23551 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by bonechamberlain(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
OK thank God they have acted
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
It could be argued that relocating potential social hazards back to their states of origin (for free) hardly counts as deportation, but social responsibility.
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by ayoola2002(m): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Pls like my post, i will send u iphone 5 dat am dreaming to buy wen d price is N5000. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by MadCow1: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
PDP till Nigeria Change name.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by myspnigeria: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Very commendable of the FG
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Xano(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Better
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by obiscolly(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
It's not by talking. Sign it to law already angry
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by wirinet(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Emyo: Any state that want to continue with this can hide under the umbralla of registering the entire occupants of his state no matter your origin. By so doing you will be able to ascertain the numeber of foriengners in a state. How is this greater then Boko Haram

Nice idea. The only problem is "who is a foreigner?" Is it the man from Imo residing in Abia or the man from Anambra residing in Warri? or the Lebanese residing in Abuja.

Please define who a foreigner is.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by delishpot: 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
tonididdy: Jonathan sekem
bokoharam sekem
diddy sekem

Sekem, sekem, sekem sekem seekem***********grrrrrrrr gbosa....
Lol, I help you complete am.
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by greaterlove(m): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
berem: Is there anything worse than Boko haram? FG should try to be smart biko!
I think what they meant is that it will divide us faster than bokoharam is doing. Good move from the presidency but if you guys know where the girls are why is it taking this long to free them? Is there something our military and politicians are not telling us?

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Bryan12(m): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
I don't support this.whose side is this oga jona on sef?
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by arewafederation: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
What took the clueless govt so long to condemn this issue? Its just an after thought. Mr Azikwe Jonathan realised the backlash will point towards his Ibo brothers that's why the decided to intervene.

Ibos still have to leave the NORTH. angry

5 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by lacasa: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
The Igbos/southerners begged their principal for this wen the Arewa Youth Foundation gave their ultimatum grin

They mistook the Northern people's silence for weakness

As I said, we Northerners r okay whichever way the cookie crumbles.

cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
ichidodo: Eye-service,FG has no right to ban anything.....they couldn't do anything for Sharia,why the grandstanding?? Registration and curbing of Boko haram south east infiltration should continue.....
The constitution guarantees the right of every Nigerian to reside in any part of the country without let or hindrance.

The purported registration of Northerners is mere political theatre, which will not add anything in the battle against Boko Haram.
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by biafranqueen: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
berem: Is there anything worse than Boko haram? FG should try to be smart biko!
A tratious leader to his people is worst then Boko Haram. A Governor that follows the directions of sworn enemies to Igboland of course can destroy more from the inside by striping the state economically and indebting the people. Not to talk of inciting violence against Igbos in the North APC has failed to start the bloodshed they have been promising.

We need Leaders with Wisdom and Intelligence not Smartness!
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
They only act when their interests are threatened. First real steps in laying this fraudulent contraption to rest.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
I support the FG on this, how can a State deport a citizen to another state in the same country

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by ichidodo: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
CFCfan:
The constitution guarantees the right of every Nigerian to reside in any part of the country without let or hindrance.

The purported registration of Northerners is mere political theatre, which will not add anything in the battle against Boko Haram.
Registration and Profiling of Northerners in the south with a view to securing lives and properties from Boko haram attacks is no political gallery but a step in the right direction to localizing this menace......Up North.
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by dvee2: 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
Finally, someone has woken up, thanks Chimamanda
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by anago9010(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
rubbish since the mallos wanna pay them in their own coin, that when they remember to call for a ceasefire. ara ra po gi there.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by dozzzybaba: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nigeria must divide. We are going back to Biafra

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Germannig: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
I see untraveled and unexposed Nigerians crying wolf about plans by some states to issue ID cards to residents. I ask what is the problem with that?

I have lived in 5 different countries in 3 continents and in one of those countries (not Nigeria) I lived in 3 different states. In each of these countries (apart from Nigeria) I was issued with an ID card. I even have 3 different state IDs.

SO what is the big deal about issuing Igbos living in the North with ID card?
What is the big deal about issuing same to Northerners in Igboland?
What is the big deal about Yorubas in Igboland and vice versa possessing residence ID cards?
Perhaps this is one good thing that Boko Haram has done for Nigeria, as it would allow you to know who your neighbour is.

There are other more important things to ban in Nigeria such as Boko Haram, corruption and certificate forgery.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Emmaomotob(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
Igbo must go!!! angry

5 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Barywhyte(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hausas doing everything possible and impossible to hold on to this mad union.
Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by ojimbo(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
who was the first governor to bring in such idea in nigeria? Malam okorocha i guess

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by BigBro(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ dozzzybaba - Nigeria must divide. We are going back to Biafra

I second this motion.

Igbos should start leaving the North to give room for our northern brothers to come back home. It is high time we part ways, this must be made clear to those people at the top who don't want this forced marriage to end due to their selfish interest.

5 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Fashola started this nonsense

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by anago9010(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Germannig: I see untraveled and unexposed Nigerians crying wolf about plans by some states to issue ID cards to residents. I ask what is the problem with that?

I have lived in 5 different countries in 3 continents and in one of those countries (not Nigeria) I lived in 3 different states. In each of these countries (apart from Nigeria) I was issued with an ID card. I even have 3 different state IDs.

What is the big deal about Yorubas in Igboland and vice versa possessing residence ID cards?
Perhaps this is one good thing that Boko Haram has done for Nigeria, as it would allow you to know who your neighbour is.

There are other more important things to ban in Nigeria such as Boko Haram, corruption and certificate forgery.

illiterate and you don't know that in Germany that each Bundestag is independent from each other. is the same thing obtainable here where everything is control by the central government.

7 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
If this directive is as true as it sounds, then the FG should understand that any attack on Imo State or any part of the south east by these bloodthirsty animals will be counted as their fault as they've just killed off the only reliable move to stop any form insurgency in the region. I hope the FG understand what this implies, distrust from the Igbos! May this evil never get to us.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by Mogidi: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lets not forget who started the whole bruhaha.
Fashola started this wahala, he forgot that for every political action there's bound to be an equal reaction. The blood of the Yoruba pastor that was killed recently in the north is on his hands. Fashola's stupid deportation escalated to where we are now.

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by porka: 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Emyo: Any state that want to continue with this can hide under the umbralla of registering the entire occupants of his state no matter your origin. By so doing you will be able to ascertain the numeber of foriengners in a state. How is this greater then Boko Haram

No state has the authority to register anybody living in the state.

Population Census and National Identification exercises are on the exclusive list in the constitution.

What states are doing is pure illegality.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram by porka: 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
Germannig: I see untraveled and unexposed Nigerians crying wolf about plans by some states to issue ID cards to residents. I ask what is the problem with that?

As exposed and traveled as you advertised, you don't bother to check whether those countries operate on any legal documents.

You don't seem to know whether countries have set of rules and regulations guiding their conduct.

All you care about is just moving from one country to the other like a herd collecting identification card from left to right as if they give prize for it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Another Blast In Maiduguri / Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha / Pictures From APC Rally In Gaya LG, Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.