Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

"OD Off" Flashing And ABS Light On, On My Mazda MPV Lx 2000 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "OD Off" Flashing And ABS Light On, On My Mazda MPV Lx 2000 (2426 Views)

Quick Meaning Of 'P','R','N','D','2','L' And 'OD' For Autogears / Is It Ok To Drive With OD (over Drive) On Or Off? / Brake Disc And Abs Problem With Toyota Highlander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"OD Off" Flashing And ABS Light On, On My Mazda MPV Lx 2000 by igomen: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
The "OD off" light is flashing and the ABS light is on, on the cluster, so I decided to run a scan on it. These are the fault codes :
C1096 - Pump motor open circuit
C1186 - ABS power relay output open circuit
C1254 - Right rear inlet valve coil circuit failure

Auto experts in the house, kindly diagnose this problem and advise on what I should do.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: "OD Off" Flashing And ABS Light On, On My Mazda MPV Lx 2000 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
igomen: The "OD off" light is flashing and the ABS light is on, on the cluster, so I decided to run a scan on it. These are the fault codes :
C1096 - Pump motor open circuit
C1186 - ABS power relay output open circuit
C1254 - Right rear inlet valve coil circuit failure

Auto experts in the house, kindly diagnose this problem and advise on what I should do.

Thanks in anticipation

For OD of blinking :this is a transmission fault, in most vehicles a solenoid that switches from normal to overdrive might be faulty. Run a scan that can read transmission faults for more information.

For the other codes seems your abs pump is faulty. Check harness,ABS relays and fuses.
Re: "OD Off" Flashing And ABS Light On, On My Mazda MPV Lx 2000 by mayor2013: 2:44am On Jul 23, 2014
Follow what Gazzuzz had said
Re: "OD Off" Flashing And ABS Light On, On My Mazda MPV Lx 2000 by igomen: 8:13am On Jul 23, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
For OD of blinking :this is a transmission fault, in most vehicles a solenoid that switches from normal to overdrive might be faulty. Run a scan that can read transmission faults for more information.
For the other codes seems your abs pump is faulty. Check harness,ABS relays and fuses.
Thanks GAZZUZZ, I wondered why no fault code for the transmission was captured by the scanner, I will try another scanner as suggested and report back.
As for the last fault code does it have anything to do with the ABS or the engine?
Re: "OD Off" Flashing And ABS Light On, On My Mazda MPV Lx 2000 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2014
igomen:
Thanks GAZZUZZ, I wondered why no fault code for the transmission was captured by the scanner, I will try another scanner as suggested and report back.
As for the last fault code does it have anything to do with the ABS or the engine?

No engine errors in the codes you posted. All ABS related, mainly the pump.

Re: "OD Off" Flashing And ABS Light On, On My Mazda MPV Lx 2000 by IdaraCHODB(m): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2014
please send me an email or a PM and i will send you comprehensive factory manual diagnostic steps for all the codes you listed. my email is

(1) (Reply)

Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars. / Ford Vs Toyota After Overheating What Went Bad? / What Do You Think About Chevrolet Cruze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.