Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,432 members, 7,901,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:47 AM

World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer (2387 Views)

IMF Cuts Nigeria Growth Forecast Yet Again / SEE The Nigerian Naira's Exchange Rate To The Dollar As At Today / Balarabe Musa Says North Is Nigeria's Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 23, 2014
Sincere9gerian: GOOD news for Nigeria, BAD news for APC leaders and APC e-cockroaches

Does it occur to you that states controlled by APC have the lowest poverty rate according to this report?
There are some things you cannot spin no matter how much you try.
Re: World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2014
TonySpike: It seems the South West has the lowest poverty rate since it is the region with the minimum bound of the national range. Where can we get the online version of this report?

I do not think so, 16% of 58,000,000 work the Maths and redistribute the remaining to SE,SS and NC
Re: World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer by TonySpike: 8:14am On Jul 23, 2014
Ozin:

I do not think so, 16% of 58,000,000 work the Maths and redistribute the remaining to SE,SS and NC

Did we read the same article? Let me recap:

" Poverty rates range from 16 per cent in the South- West to 52 per cent in the North-East."

In statistics, the term range refers to two figures I.e. The Lower bound being 16% (SW) in this case and the upper bound being 52% (NE). This simply means the poverty rates for other regions (SE, SS, NW, NC) lies between these two extremes. Meanwhile, the 58 million poverty figures refers to the sum total from all regions. We do not have enough information to determine the actual numbers for each region yet.
Re: World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer by Eldavido1: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Mods why is this thread created since yesterday moved from politics to general section. While a similar thread created just this morning allowed to remain in politics section and subsequently moved to front page. Please I need clarification on that. Thank you!
Re: World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer by TonySpike: 8:34am On Jul 23, 2014
Eldavido1: Mods why is this thread created since yesterday moved from politics to general section. While a similar thread created just this morning allowed to remain in politics section and subsequently moved to front page. Please I need clarification on that. Thank you!

Send an appeal to the mods. I guess you deserve the front page, not the other thread.
Re: World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer by Eldavido1: 8:38am On Jul 23, 2014
TonySpike:

Send an appeal to the mods. I guess you deserve the front page, not the other thread.

Sure i have done that, but no response as usual!
Re: World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer by huptin(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
BuddahMonk: Which of your South West?

We dont need to overflogg this but just travel and see for yourself, inasmuch as SW has 16% SE n SS was not mentioned but be as it may visit an average SW city and that of SE, interact and see their living conditions, streams of income generation, standard of living, number of household you will know that some of thses IMF and WB statistics are shallow, speculative, faulty and debatable.

Fortunately by the nature of my Job, i get to travel around the country a lot, i am also married to Delta ibo lady, i work in a place peopled with mostly south easterners, So i know exactly what i am saying.

Only city centres and i mean capital or commercial city centres are habitable, the rest are thickly rural. Even the so called capital cities are devoid of industries or job opportunities, they look mostly sleepy.

Ogun state alone has more industires than all south eastern states combined, its not for nothing that the outside world believes that Nigeria starts from Lagos and end in Ogun state.
Re: World Bank Cuts Nigeria's Poverty Rate To 33.1%, Says North Is Poorer by atlwireles: 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
huptin:

Fortunately by the nature of my Job, i get to travel around the country a lot, i am also married to Delta ibo lady, i work in a place peopled with mostly south easterners, So i know exactly what i am saying.

Only city centres and i mean capital or commercial city centres are habitable, the rest are thickly rural. Even the so called capital cities are devoid of industries or job opportunities, they look mostly sleepy.

Ogun state alone has more industires than all south eastern states combined, its not for nothing that the outside world believes that Nigeria starts from Lagos and end in Ogun state.

Why do people like you lie, just for the funny of it? Why??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Discover How You Can Make Serious Income From Export Of Gallstone Biz / Local Bond Market Attracts $6b, Says CBN / Need Steady Stipends. Come In Here !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.