Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,224 members, 7,910,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:40 AM

Body Language: Love Signals - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Body Language: Love Signals (5236 Views)

20 Body Language Women Exhibit When They're Inlove With You. / Male Body Language Flirting Signs To Watch Out For / 10 Common Ladies Body Language That Guys Should Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2014
I was given this project as a part of my psychology major where I had to study human behavior in a natural environment. I remember sitting at a cafe that afternoon when the project was announced and mulling over what I'd take up. As I sipped my already tepid coffee, I noticed this really fidgety guy across the table. He would just not settle down. He was restless, and frankly, a little annoying because of that. He kept shaking his legs and playing with his hair and his fork sure did fall down an awful lot, which he then promptly got up to retrieve. I would've just shifted tables, but then I saw that his gaze was fixed at something in between the times he carried on with all these (planned) shenanigans. And that 'something' was a girl. A girl who sat with a group not far away and looked in his direction every time the fork clinked onto the floor, then stared at him for a second more than was necessary and went back to what she was doing.

It was pretty obvious this game that they were playing, even though it wasn't to them. They were displaying the not-so-subtle forms of the body language of love. Anyone who observed them carefully would have been able to decipher that he was attracted to her and was acting that way and displaying (rather unconsciously) the body language of someone in love (or like). And she, with the staring back and coy smiles was getting there as well. You see, love has its own distinct signs of body language, and no matter how clueless you think the other person is about what you're feeling, it is possible to interpret these signs from the way you act and behave and the unconscious signs that you display. So what you're trying to hide, can never really be hidden if the body language of love is duly studied.

That's what my project was based on by the way - the body language of love signals and what they mean. The observations of the experiments I carried out are explained below in a format that has been made interesting and easy to understand.

So if you're confused about whether he/she likes you, just read up on the following pointers and you'll have some easy pointers on what is and what could be.

1 Like

Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2014
Body Language Of A Man In Love

Here are some of the signs, gestures, facial expressions and overall body language of a man in love. These include all the stages - from the initial to the advanced.

**Catching her gaze, holding onto it and then maintaining prolonged eye contact.

**When a guy is in love and in the company of his lady love, his eyebrows will be raised when he first notices her and continue to remain slightly raised throughout the time that he's with her.

**His nostrils will be slightly flared at the sight of his love interest.

**His demeanor will always be pleasant, always smiling and cheerful. His eyes will light up and his cheeks will flush. This is done unconsciously to put her at ease.

**His lips will become slightly flushed and take on a red tinge. If he touches his lips or runs his tongue over them often, it is an unconscious sign of what he wants her to do with them.

**His whole manner will be that of interest. He will hold on to every word she says. His shoulders, knees and toes will all be pointed towards her.
The minute he sees her, he will smoothen his clothes and hair. This is done to look neat and presentable for her.

**He will make use of his masculinity to attract her. This will be done by standing taller, pointing out his chest and pulling in the stomach. Other signs will include placing the hands on the hips or tucking them in the pockets. This is also done to look taller and in control.

**He will be in her periphery of vision at all times; constantly hovering around her and doing things to get her attention.

**He will want to eliminate all the possible barriers that come between him and her. This could be as simple as moving a chair or a glass away or even as distinct as backing some other guy and standing between the girl and him.

**He will sit with his legs apart or fix his fingers into the pockets to better show his manliness. It's an innate need to show that he's well endowed so that women choose him.

**He will use several small and non-aggressive ways of touching the girl - like holding her arm or guiding her through a crowd by holding the small of her back, touching her knees with his or sitting closer than usual.

1 Like

Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:54am On Jul 24, 2014
Body Language of a Woman in Love

The thing with women is that they have the flirting skills that men may not have, therefore, to understand the signals of a woman in love are relatively easier. These are the signs that you should look out for in the body language of women.

**Her pupils will dilate when she sees him. She will try to maintain prolonged eye contact as well.

**She will lean in closer to the man as he talks. This is to show that she's interested in listening to what he's saying.

**In an effort to subconsciously show off the curve of her body, she may lean against something like a wall or a chair.

**Her lips will become slightly flushed. She might pout them, touch them or lick them. That is done in an effort to get the man's attention there. If she's bold enough - one who's absolutely comfortable in her skin, she might even apply a coat of lipstick right in front of the guy.

**Her palms will be wide open if she's into a guy. Open palms means she's letting the guy in. Palms that have been turned into fists is a bad sign.

**Her facial expressions will always show her smile - her eyes will twinkle and she'll settle in for a tilted head pose.

**She will keep touching her face, neck and hair from time to time. This is a subconscious way of getting the guy's attention there.

**She will smooth her hair and clothes quite often around the guy she loves. This is her way of being neat so that he's not put off by her appearance.

**She will pull her hair aside and expose her neck. This shows that she is vulnerable around him and does not mind putting her guard down when she's with him.

**She will try to reduce the physical distance or proximity between the guy and herself. This is to show that she wants to be close to him and is comfortable being in close proximity with him.

**All her attention will be focused on the guy. In case they are all sitting in a group, she will literally sit with her back to the others to eliminate the 'barriers'.

**She will laugh at all his jokes, even when they aren't as funny. This is only a way of trying to boost his ego.

**She will mirror the guy's moves. Everything he does, she will follow with the same. For example. If he picks up a glass and has a sip, she'll do the same. She does not even realize she's doing this.

Many of these signs can be noticed in both the sexes. Some, of course, are gender-specific. But they aren't as difficult to observe. In fact, once you have an idea of what these are, you'll find that you can observe them quite well. One just needs to keep their senses heightened and observe closely. And who knows, maybe the other person is observing your body language as well? Now there's a thought, huh?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/body-language-love-signals.html

1 Like

Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2014
Viewing this topic: FruityLass(f), farano(f)

drop something, Mommas cheesy

1 Like

Re: Body Language: Love Signals by farano(f): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Viewing this topic: FruityLass(f), farano(f)

drop something, Mommas cheesy
The stuff long wella. . gonna come back to read dem sha.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2014
Mostly on point...

But hands in the pocket for guys is often taken as wussy-behaviour and it could also be as a result of nervousness.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by lanicky(f): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2014
Jeez!! OMG! shocked

Awww! Soo I'm in love cry tongue

KUDOS PRINCE.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by MizMyColi(f): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2014
This one sounds too Oyinbo-ish.......personally, I can relate though.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2014
MizMyColi: This one sounds too Oyinbo-ish.......personally, I can relate though.
wink

2 Likes

Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 24, 2014
I alws laff @ his jokes lyk an 'ode' grin
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2014
Brb....post too long abeg
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
lanicky: Jeez!! OMG! shocked

Awww! Soo I'm in love cry tongue

KUDOS PRINCE.
thanks, ma'am.
It's actually an "I'm back" thread.

Missed me? wink
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
MizMyColi: This one sounds too Oyinbo-ish.......personally, I can relate though.
Hmmm
Xtarxhyne: I alws laff @ his jokes lyk an 'ode' grin
that's really funny cheesy grin
Bootybuttchic: Brb....post too long abeg
you're free to come here anything...just read and learn..
*prepares a seat for her*
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Hmmmthat's really funny cheesy ;Dyou're free to come here anything...just read and learn..
*prepares a seat for her*
gringringrin
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by HumanPsycho(m): 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
You are on your own! I will do all of those things consciously and am still not interested as an alpha male. Same goes with BETA girls.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by lanicky(f): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: thanks, ma'am.
It's actually an "I'm back" thread.

Missed me? wink

Yh I missed u like......fried chicken laps wink

How has bn ur day?
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
HumanPsycho: You are on your own! I will do all of those things consciously and am still not interested as an alpha male. Same goes with BETA girls.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
grin
lanicky:

Yh I missed u like......fried chicken laps wink

How has bn ur day?
Very well o jare...

I see our home is now overcrowded. I'm a stranger already.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Oahray: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
HumanPsycho: You are on your own! I will do all of those things consciously and am still not interested as an alpha male. Same goes with BETA girls.
smh @ pseudo-alphas... Being alpha male is with respect to other guys, not girls. The only effect is that he's more attractive to females than his peers and may find it easier to get female attention. However if he's interested in a girl he still would unconsciously display the body language attraction cluster.

It's not the same as being the typical Rake (casanova) who have learned to consciously flirt at the slightest opportunity.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by HumanPsycho(m): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
Oahray: smh @ pseudo-alphas... Being alpha male is with respect to other guys, not girls. The only effect is that he's more attractive to females than his peers and may find it easier to get female attention. However if he's interested in a girl he still would unconsciously display the body language attraction cluster.

It's not the same as being the typical Rake (casanova) who have learned to consciously flirt at the slightest opportunity.
Now am telling you that I could mirror act all of those, inculcate it within and still play it out in what is called puedo-persona and it wouldn't still mean anything except to help me get my way with anyone male or female, in essence what am saying is that body language, face reading and what ever you want to add to it eventually fails and do not necessarily mean absolute accuracy for the lay man to start using it in social judgement, except you are a natural at picking cues you would be in for a disappointment. And YES only alpha males can perfect that I mean the AMOG's and not AFC's turn PUA's if get me.. coming from a professional psycho-analyst| post-freudilian.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:34am On Jul 25, 2014
Viewing this topic: Josphine4good(f) and 2 guest(s)

Hello pretty, have any of those signals? or perhaps noticed he has one of them? wink
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Oahray: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2014
HumanPsycho: Now am telling you that I could mirror act all of those, inculcate it within and still play it out in what is called puedo-persona and it wouldn't still mean anything except to help me get my way with anyone male or female, in essence what am saying is that body language, face reading and what ever you want to add to it eventually fails and do not necessarily mean absolute accuracy for the lay man to start using it in social judgement, except you are a natural at picking cues you would be in for a disappointment. And YES only alpha males can perfect that I mean the AMOG's and not AFC's turn PUA's if get me.. coming from a professional psycho-analyst| post-freudilian.
smh, until you realise that faking the attraction body language cluster is a PUA thing and not an AMOG thing, you know nothing Jon Snow.

You guys have a warped view of dominance. You sound like being alpha male is written on stone. One could be AMOG in a group and yet not be when in another group because there's a more dominant male. An AFC could learn enough to become confident and even be AMOG with a set of people. Thought you'd know that. Well, there are pseuds who think themselves psycho-analysts.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by HumanPsycho(m): 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Oahray: smh, until you realise that faking the attraction body language cluster is a PUA thing and not an AMOG thing, you know nothing Jon Snow.

You guys have a warped view of dominance. You sound like being alpha male is written on stone. One could be AMOG in a group and yet not be when in another group because there's a more dominant male. An AFC could learn enough to become confident and even be AMOG with a set of people. Thought you'd know that. Well, there are pseuds who think themselves psycho-analysts.
Calm down before you derail am not in contention or negating whatever you are saying you've successfully repeated the same thing am saying an AFC turn PUA is just a typical example of those who have mastered the cluster of attraction language. Now there are another set of people, THE Naturals. They aren't fake, infact people assume attraction for this set of people until proven inocent, all this's down to a natural aoura they create not because they learn any of those non verbals but because they were born with it (charms), now anyone going about with a piece on body language in an artificial sense is down to get disappointed, I have a first-hand idea of what am talking about body language speaks 60 and 70% of communication based on settings, but there are the exception. Just like not all the thoracics are swift, not all alimentic are slow, not all musculars are troublesome. Just get it atleast if not from anywhere that there is a set called the IDEALS, they are naturals, they are not found everywhere, they definately deviate from the norm I hope you meet one some day maybe a female version. And may I correct your notion an analyst is always an analyst there no such as psuedo analyst because there is a reference point every other you find are mere admirers.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Oahray: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
HumanPsycho: Calm down before you derail am not in contention or negating whatever you are saying you've successfully repeated the same thing am saying an AFC turn PUA is just a typical example of those who have mastered the cluster of attraction language. Now there are another set of people, THE Naturals. They aren't fake, infact people assume attraction for this set of people until proven inocent, all this's down to a natural aoura they create not because they learn any of those non verbals but because they were born with it (charms), now anyone going about with a piece on body language in an artificial sense is down to get disappointed, I have a first-hand idea of what am talking about body language speaks 60 and 70% of communication based on settings, but there are the exception. Just like not all the thoracics are swift, not all alimentic are slow, not all musculars are troublesome. Just get it atleast if not from anywhere that there is a set called the IDEALS, they are naturals, they are not found everywhere, they definately deviate from the norm I hope you meet one some day maybe a female version. And may I correct your notion an analyst is always an analyst there no such as psuedo analyst because there is a reference point every other you find are mere admirers.
smh... This exactly is who a pseud is. Trying so hard to impress. Do you realise that you are mixing up being attractive for being attracted? Charms is part of being 'attractive', not 'attracted'. No wonder you keep presenting alpha male status as the reason you can fake body language. I wonder who taught you that.

Alpha males are attractive, and so are Rakes. However the reasons are different. You do not become a master of body language by being alpha. That's balderdash. Alpha males are attractive because they are confident and seem in charge while with other males. Females are naturally attracted. Rakes are attractive because they are masters of body language and use it to their advantage. They can easily read female body language signals, and send theirs just as easily. This is the group you are describing.

Being Alpha and being a Rake are neither synonymous nor mutually exclusive.

Every other thing you added in your post is simply information ill-dressed to the discussion.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by HumanPsycho(m): 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
Oahray: smh... This exactly is who a pseud is. Trying so hard to impress. Do you realise that you are mixing up being attractive for being attracted? Charms is part of being 'attractive', not 'attracted'. No wonder you keep presenting alpha male status as the reason you can fake body language. I wonder who taught you that.

Alpha males are attractive, and so are Rakes. However the reasons are different. You do not become a master of body language by being alpha. That's balderdash. Alpha males are attractive because they are confident and seem in charge while with other males. Females are naturally attracted. Rakes are attractive because they are masters of body language and use it to their advantage. They can easily read female body language signals, and send theirs just as easily. This is the group you are describing.

Being Alpha and being a Rake are neither synonymous nor mutually exclusive.

Every other thing you added in your post is simply information ill-dressed to the discussion.
you seem low down the line. And if I have to start defining what an alpha male is to you then the conversion isn't worth it afterall, you keep defining alpha male based on the pick up community that is why there is an argument am coming from a more social and Psychological stand point, you are seeing things from a micro stand point, from the seduction perspective thats why you find it hard to get it. Forgeting that body language isn't just about seduction but simple communication using non verbal cues, that is exactly why things like IDEALITY elude you. Now in few words this is exactly what am saying: Body language is dynamic based on settings and it is never and by no means static niether does a single signal describe a situation every single time it is seen. I do hope that helps throw meaning into it. You seen enthusiastic about seduction which is only one of many situation that employs the same principle in social psychology called non-verbal communication.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Oahray: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2014
HumanPsycho: you seem low down the line. And if I have to start defining what an alpha male is to you then the conversion isn't worth it afterall, you keep defining alpha male based on the pick up community that is why there is an argument am coming from a more social and Psychological stand point, you are seeing things from a micro stand point, from the seduction perspective thats why you find it hard to get it. Forgeting that body language isn't just about seduction but simple communication using non verbal cues, that is exactly why things like IDEALITY elude you. Now in few words this is exactly what am saying: Body language is dynamic based on settings and it is never and by no means static niether does a single signal describe a situation every single time it is seen. I do hope that helps throw meaning into it. You seen enthusiastic about seduction which is only one of many situation that employs the same principle in social psychology called non-verbal communication.
awww... Someone's trying so hard to sound smart. In your first post, you insinuated that being alpha male makes you able to send attraction signals without truly being attracted. It really must be totally unrelated to seduction. Since I pointed it out, you have been changing colours like a chameleon.

Wake up, look at the topic of this thread and smell the coffee. Love signals. It means the whole of social psychology to you, doesn't it?

I'm not out to argue the whole of body language with you. I only quoted you because of the flaw in your initial post. It's fine if you insist you are right, and make strawman arguments to derail the real bone of contention. Typical pseud.

How someone would argue so passionately without having a clue what he's really arguing about, baffles me. This conversation is pointless. Good day,

1 Like

Re: Body Language: Love Signals by CuteCynthia(f): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2014
Interesting. A lot of guys now come to mind. smiley
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by HumanPsycho(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2014
Oahray: In your first post, you insinuated that being alpha male makes you able to send attraction signals without truly being attracted

I'm not out to argue the whole of body language with you.
All cleared.
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:30am On Jul 27, 2014
CuteCynthia: Interesting. A lot of guys now come to mind. smiley
that's necessary...
...the look on your picture though wink
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by Chukkasy(m): 12:51am On Jul 27, 2014
Chei!!!!!! this is not good, you mean 5 girls are in love with me? E don bizzle
Re: Body Language: Love Signals by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:30am On Jul 27, 2014
gringringrin
Chukkasy: Chei!!!!!! this is not good, you mean 5 girls are in love with me? E don bizzle
Don't tell me you noticed those love signals in five girls!! shocked

(1) (Reply)

Mum, 40, Repeatedly Raped Best Friend’s 12-year-old Son, And Falls Pregnant / More Than 100 Funny And Cute Things To Say To A Girl To Make Her Fall For You / I Went To Visit Titilayo And She Unzips My Trouser And She Starts.... (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.