Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? (22725 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Hijackers: Chelsea Creating A Bad Reputation: From Mikel to Pedro / Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
fijiano202: so even if he scores hattrick Man city will never start thats if hes given work permit
It is obvious that you lack home training and you are from a wretched background. Ghetto kid
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Bigcake: 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
fijiano202: Firstly u are an assshole for involving my parents...and also if as a nigerian u count mumu as an insult then u are a bigger foool
youngman, let the be peace.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by seyipee2011: 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
for hilarious YouTube Video.... subscribe to channel now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TioEawJmwJc
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
IjogzK: It is obvious that you lack home training and you are from a wretched background. Ghetto kid
is that all u got
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
iheanacho......stanley okoro...... abeg hu sabi futbol pass whr stanley today? heartland ba
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Afrok(m): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
lildrop: good citizen
thanks! God bless u....
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Ojestas(m): 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
LOOOOL!!! Naija! i hail thee!!. .The Mikel you once hailed, the rest is now story. i hope U wnt end up cursing Kelechi too. To be a footballer in Naija aint easy o, when they xpect much from u and you dnt meet up, they start cursing and rainning abuse. Lets Watch kelechi and see if he wld be another Mikel. Dont be too quick to judge. A pre season goal doesnt make him a footballLord!

P .S. I aint a Mikel fan! #JustSaying. .#StandToBeCorrected.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
Calebosko: dumb question,@op nomber 10 jc na food? Who even told u kelechi wil reach mikel level,abeg stop dis hyping its too ely,mikel and kano are d only real legend just dat u dont knw wat u got until u loos it,someday we wil celebrate mikel and curse ihenacho as we always do, remembr we did it to kano and okocha saying dey dont av anytin to ofer dat dey shud hang boot,we are nigerians we know ourself,so op go and die or u like www.facebook.com/calebosko for other sucide options.

This is the gospel truth.
We hype player's that are yet to prove themselves till we eventually kill them football wise and never to hear about them again.

Mikel was never an immediate replacement for jay jay cos I remember the likes of orumah, the Italian bundle of nonsense referred to as bundle of skills by name Christian obodo and even haruna self so lets stop looking for another jay jay cos there will never be.

its only here in Nigeria that players are made to play a role that is dfrnt from what they play In their clubs because we are looking for a jay jay wanna be!

The only player that plays like jay jay in the whole world remains the only player that under-sturdied jay jay himself remains ronaldinho and after him no one else plays like jay jay so its high time we move away from this jay jay hysteria and appreciate and groom player's with different types of talent and skills.

Football is now strictly business.

Iheanacho was completely lost in the second half of yesterdays game and was rightfully substituted so he needs so much game time and should be allowed to grow so we can all monitor his progress before we start our usual hysteria of clamouring for a player just because he had a good game and he eventually turns out to be an ife sodji or an ogbechea when drafted to fill in a very big vacum which ends up consuming them.

Seems we hardly learn from our past mistakes and that is why history keeps repeating itself all the time in Nigeria in practically all sectors.

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Abraham2013(m): 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
Well I tink both mikel and ihanacho can play in d same team. Who wears d NO 10 jersey to me is not d issue but who plays in d attacking midfield role. I tink ihanacho will be beta in d attacking midfield role more dan mikel cos ihanacho is more adventitious dan mikel and also he has more dribbling skills dan mikel. My idea is dat mikel should play in d defensive midfield role, onazi play in centra midfield, while ihanacho plays in d attacking midfield role.

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by tellwisdom: 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
Iheanacho no be that alaba boi wey sell fake Generator for me??
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Erukuomoibadan: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
@op you for name him the super eagles new coach self ,I can name many brilliant players in there teens days but never make it to the top
Freddy Adu
Michael Johnson
Federico Macheda
Cherno Samba
Francis Jeffers
Anthony Le Tallec
John Curtis
Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo
Sonny Pike
Billy Kenny
Gael kakuta
Misrolav stouch
E.t.c
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
abatically: Its too early to say this. Just one pre season game doesn't make him ready. E be like say OP want them to break his legs already, simply put, he is not ready. He needs to be brought into the super eagles gradually. Not saying they shouldn't invite him, but no way he is getting the no 10 shirt just yet. Even if he eventually plays for the Super Eagles, he won't get the no 10 shirt so far Mikel is still in the team. It is never done anywhere, u don't dispose someone of his shirt unless that person leaves the team. Mikel had a bad world cup, but he had a decent AFCON.. don't forget that easily.

And when will people realize Mikel never played no 10 for the Super Eagles at the World Cup? He played Central Midfield with Onazi .. Onazi played more like box to box while Mikel was holding. Chelsea successfully converted him to a defensive midfielder and Mikel was content with it because he didn't fight.. so I blame him for his shortcomings. Iheanacho is an attacking midfielder, Mikel is a holding midfielder.. different roles.

Great job by u.

Can u please lend some of ur football analytical sense to so many sentimental football followers that just post anything here on NL without any form of rationality?
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 12:01am On Jul 29, 2014
@byrron nice write-up..sometimes it still hurt me who we damaged and wasted barthelomen ogbeche talent..No european or south American would start a player with Lil experience at World Stage without alot of confidence building matches..likes of walcott,Ronaldo were on bench all thru their first worldcup...Germany were not foools for using ozil continously when they had draxler and goetze on bench...our mentality and orientation needs to change
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 29, 2014
Erukuomoibadan: @op you for name him the super eagles new coach self ,I can name many brilliant players in there teens days but never make it to the top
Freddy Adu
Michael Johnson
Federico Macheda
Cherno Samba
Francis Jeffers
Anthony Le Tallec
John Curtis
Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo
Sonny Pike
Billy Kenny
Gael kakuta
Misrolav stouch
E.t.c
gael kakuta......daht one wey fit dribble ghost grin grin grin
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 29, 2014
robosky02: @ abatically

while it is true that iheanacho can not dispose him Immediateley
we need to have him as an understudy to take over.

what the other nations (F.A.) do is that they identify talents and even try to engcourage them to develop to thier strenght.
2. they also had a long time plan e.g. the GERMANS will tell you it took them ten uyears splan to finally get this world cup.
the SPANIARDS started thier revolution with the Nigeria'99 set and in 2010. they had it.

if we must mark it in 2018 then practical effords should be made to replace tired legs gradually.
yes in the past we have seen people taunted as possible world beaters like you mentioned.
but in must case they are often not guided and greaduated to the senior ranks. thus the just fizzle out.

if i may ask how many of the late YOMI TELLAS world conquiring side is in the national team now?

for the likes of NERMAY JR. that also came to play in Nigeria 2009 he was guided like national project. for him to go to EUROPE pele and every one was talking. today witout him Brazil floped.

NOTE: my idea is not just about take over of shirt but proper groming of potentials for future take over.

Sound reasoning.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Eseose9(f): 12:04am On Jul 29, 2014
OK o
shey if him flop tomorrow na dis same people go insult/abuse am
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by makkitush: 12:08am On Jul 29, 2014
Mikel is useless.i mean completely useless.he is popular now cos he plays for one of the best club in da world(chelseafc).don't worry,wen chelsea sells him which is inevitable,u will see how he will just decline.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by makkitush: 12:10am On Jul 29, 2014
Eseose9: OK o
shey if him flop tomorrow na dis same people go insult/abuse am
is it ur prayer cos my boy won't flop anytime any soon.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 29, 2014
Too young 4 d num 10crown. Let him grow older a bit.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by ABAKA72(m): 12:16am On Jul 29, 2014
fijiano202: ur right dude,no wonder showcasing ur family with insults
I say go back home M0RON (that's assuming you have a home anyway) stop embarrasing your parents.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Descartes: 12:17am On Jul 29, 2014
LONG OVERDUE angry
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 12:19am On Jul 29, 2014
ABAKA72: I say go back home M0RON (that's assuming you have a home anyway) stop embarrasing your parents.
u are an epitome of disgrace not just to ur family but to ur whole ancestral lineage
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Descartes: 12:22am On Jul 29, 2014
oba009: mikel will continue till the guy get to maturity.
You mean MIKELTill 2018
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by dagbo: 12:25am On Jul 29, 2014
fijiano202: u are dumb to even open this thread,just because this guy scored once in his pre-season debut and had a wonderful outing at the 17 worldcup u think hes good enough for super Eagles...Pls if u honestly believe hes good enuf then wait for a year or 2,maybe after he gets enough play time at man city...if u want i can name over 50 players that were awesome at their u17 but never made it in the Senior team..Even as mikel is aweful atm he shouldnt be bench for a kid that has no experience...Gunners4life

YOU NOOB...

THE GUY DON SCORE AGAIN FOR ANOTHER PRE_SEASON WITH AC MILAN........AND I GUEST YOUR FUCKER IS CHELSEA FAN

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 29, 2014
fijiano202: Firstly u are an assshole for involving my parents...and also if as a nigerian u count mumu as an insult then u are a bigger foool

Frustration..

Guy man up...
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by vanndubi: 12:32am On Jul 29, 2014
Kanu started the way Kelechi is starting off his football career. I see that boy like an emerging star that will shine so bright.

Kanu did made us proud and so will Kelechi make us proud, maybe in 2018. Whether super eagles' politics favours him or not, I see him earning a jersey in the senior team.

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by kendrick93(m): 12:34am On Jul 29, 2014
ayusco85:

Kelechi won the golden ball at the u17 world cup 2013, and mikel won the silver ball behind messi in 2005. Who was better?
and u know who messi is ryt? there is no shame in cumin second to messi.. u20 is much higher level dan d u17
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Odika1: 12:34am On Jul 29, 2014
fijiano202: hahahaha but being a landlord in lagos no be beans ooo..
sharrrrrrrappp there!!!!! I've been reading ur comments and observed that u like insulting ppl,it seems ur mum did not breastfeed u when u were an infant instead u were feed with goat milk and that's why u have been behaving like a goat.Idiot
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by barthchuks(m): 12:39am On Jul 29, 2014
it is too early for that, though mikel is quite contented with what he has achieved
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Truckpusher(m): 12:43am On Jul 29, 2014
Chai !.......boys just dey para this morning grin
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2014
robosky02: fijiano i expected an intelligent response if you are actually wise and not to insult people.

looking at the topic Mikel was tip to make a huge mark for nigeria. and expectec to take over from Okocha
as an attacking midfielder but till date we will all aggree that its been flashe in the pan compared to other no. 10 in nigeria
if youve forgotten "jajay was soo good they named him twice" a popular slogan by BBC
with all respect to MIKEL he was just a shadow of himself. we didnt 'feel' him at the 2014 world cup. the injury to ONAZI just exposed everything and gave room to FRANCE to beat us.

What is the role of a no 10?

What is Mikel currently playing now?

How does his position now correlate with that of Okocha?

My friend, if you dont have any thing intelligent to write, go and sleep.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by yinkuscious(m): 12:48am On Jul 29, 2014
fijiano202: Not just the No.10,make him captain too...mumu OP.....Pls pls and pls before anyone quote me with insult and without thinking properly ,pls ask urself this question ''Where is Macauley Chrisantus''
Macauley Chrisantus
Personal information
Full name Macauley Chrisantus
Date of birth 20 August 1990 (age 23)
Place of birth Abuja, Nigeria
Height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
Playing position Striker
Club information
Current team Sivasspor
Youth career
–2007 Hearts of Abuja
2007–2008 Hamburger SV
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (G
2008 Hamburger SV II 12
2008–2012 Hamburger SV 0
2009–2011 → Karlsruher SC (loan) 47
2011–2012 → FSV Frankfurt (loan) 26
2012–2014 Las Palmas 67
2014– Sivasspor
National team‡
2007 Nigeria U-17 7
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for t
domestic league only and correct as of 17 June 20
† Appearances (Goals).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 4 Mar
Macauley Chrisantus (born 20 August 1990 in
Abuja) is a Nigerian football striker[1] playing for
Sivasspor in the Turkish Süper Lig.
Career
Chrisantus joined Hamburg in 2007 from Abuja F.C.,
[1] after attracting offers from several major
European clubs, probably due to his contribution to
Nigeria's World Junior Cup win that year as the
highest goal scorer and second best player of the
tournament.[2] In summer 2009, he was loaned to
Karlsruher SC for the 2009–10 season, but on 15
April 2010, KSC extended the loan deal for another
year.[3]
On 21 July 2014, Chrisantus signed a three-year
contract with Turkish Süper Lig side Sivasspor after
his two successful year at Las Palmas in Spain.
International career
Chrisantus has represented Nigeria at under-17
level, and was the top scorer at the 2007 FIFA U-17
World Cup in Korea with seven goals, and was
awarded the adidas Silver Ball. He scored all seven
goals with his right foot.[4]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Just In: Boy Win A Whooping Sum Of 50 Million On Bet9ja With 100 / Mourinho Leaves Mikel, Moses Out Of Chelsea Tour List / Unpaid Allowance:Kyari Meet Protesting Super Falcons Players,2 Pay Them In 2days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.