Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,162 members, 7,887,385 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:02 AM

How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money (2112 Views)

MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. / What Will You Do If You Suspect Your Mum Of Having Ebola. / Robbers Storm Some Banks At Babcock University, Carted Away Lots of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by onismate: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Sad memories are difficult to pass by. When I think about how all these events started and how it gradually faded away, I am filled with anger, hatred. N500,000 is not easy to come by in this our modern day Nigeria, you have to work for it. It pained me so badly, the money I didn’t work for, my mom worked so hard for it and someone just came into the picture, jumped on the money and fizzle away.
This is my story
I had been looking for admission into a Nigerian university for about 4 years, yet it has not clicked. I have my O’level results complete with all the subjects. I pass my UTME very well every year but, the problem is the Post UTME. I tried couple of other Universities in Nigeria, yet no hope. I tried some universities in Ghana and some other universities in Europe and North America, yet it didn’t work out, admission was not giving to me. I began to ask myself, is my own that worse! Am I cursed that every university I apply for admission turns me down!
The next year, a female friend of mine who Is actually our neighbor’s daughter, she suggested that I try applying for admissions in her university. She was in her final year and she said she will help me work it out since that was the same way she used in gaining admissions. When she gained admissions into her university, as at that time, her O’level result was incomplete. Her physics was still withheld but admission was giving to her and the course giving to her was the one she wanted, which is Computer Engineering. She said they(she and her mom) worked it with money and admission was giving to her. I and my mom decided to dive into this girl’s idea with a hope that that year will mark the end of my hopeless staying at home.
I wrote my UTME and passed it very well. The Post UTME came, I did it but when the result came out. 40 was the cut-off mark for the university and that was exactly what I scored.
This my neighbor’s daughter told my mom to bring N100,000 so she could give it to some necessary hands to help facilitate my admission, so my name could be on the first batch. She said on a normal day, they would first consider those that scored above 60 for first batch. People like us may be in the supplementary list or our name may not even come out at all. My mom gave her the N100,000. List for First batch came out and my name was not there. Hmmmm, this is wahala, “I hope is not what am thinking, I hope those agents of progress that are hindering me from getting admission. I hope they have not followed me to this university to stop me, not after paying oo,” I thought to myself. I had wanted my name to be on the first list; the supplementary list, I don’t fancy it, I consider it as “connection for those who know how to go about it”.
My neighbor’s daughter told me that they are working on it but I have to provide money apart from the former I gave. The amount she mentioned, immediately I heard it, it looked as if something struck my medulla oblongata. N400,000, “what” my mom screamed, “4 gini” my mom asked again to confirm if she really heard it well. My mom said since I have been at home for up to 4 years, if this target we are striking would give me admission, well let’s do it. My mom said she will provide the money. My mom provided the money, gave it to her. After that day we gave her the money, we didn’t hear from her again. Infact she and her mom packed out from that house barely 2 days we gave her the money. Second batch came out, third batch and supplementary V.C list, my name was not in those lists. I cried and cried, not again, the one of that year has passed. Another year has passed me by. We started looking for this our former neighbor, the new place they packed into, we don’t know it. Her mom told my mom that they are packing out to another location, they told us the new area but they didn’t tell us the particular street in that area. I could remember when she told my mom they were packing out, my mom was planning to travel out of the country, so she (my mom) told her (former neighbor) that when she comes back from her trip, she will come to visit their new place. Since after that day, both the mother and the daughter’s phone numbers stopped going through. When we call it, it will always be unavailable.
I heard the shock of my life when a friend of mine told me that she saw my former neighbor’s daughter and that she was driving a Honda accord. She has seen her twice with that car. “We have been duped by this small girl” this was my thought immediately I heard this. This my friend told me that there is this restaurant close to their house that she(former neighbor’s daughter) normally come to chill out with her boyfriends or aristos. I have always known this, this girl has always been into runs, humping from one car to another, now she has scammed my mom, used the money to buy a car, “I will catch her” I told myself.
When my mom came back from her 2 days trip to Abuja, I told her what my friend said. She said I should take it easy, lets handle it in a mature way and we can’t afford to disgrace ourselves. We are good Christians, my mom is one of the top members in MFM, so if we use police, how would she explain to church administration that she was trying to bride for me to get admission, in the process she got scammed, how would she explain that! My mom doesn’t support us using police. We later confronted her, the girl that duped us, She said it wasn’t her fault, that she tried her best and, maybe it was my bad luck, my junior brother felt like just strangling her to death at that moment. My mom reported the matter to her mom, her mom was even supporting her daughter, she said she couldn’t do anything about it. One of my mom’s Christian sister she reported to told my mom to forget about the issue since she’s trying to cover it up from the church so they won’t be aware of what was going on. She told my mom to let the matter rest, she should consider it as a victory for her, let them take the money, eat it; that she might try to drag the issue for the N500,000 to be returned, the church will get to hear it and it may lead to her suspension, so let her pray for forgiveness and forgive them. It really pained me. Each time I see this former neighbor’s daughter drive around in that Honda accord, I feel bitter because it was part of my mom’s money she used in getting it. My mom struggles hard, works smart for her to be able to take good care of us, only for one bad naughty chick to come and dupe her of her hard earned money.
Anyway thank God, I just gained admission into One big nursing school in Nigeria, I have always dreamt of being a nurse. Thank God For That. Nobody will dupe us again of our hard earned money, not even on admission.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/news/349-how-she-was-duped-of-a-huge-sum-by-her-neighbour-s-daughter-who-promised-to-get-her-admission

4 Likes

Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by theplanmaker: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
The girl is bad, and you aren't a saint too

1 Like

Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Tallesty1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
Christians don't give/accept bribe.

1 Like

Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Ruq: 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
Please let's chorus a faceplam.

3 Likes

Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by priscaoge(f): 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
^^^Is that tears or Rivercheesy?? @ d above pic^

1 Like

Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Ruq: 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
priscaoge: ^^^Is that tears or Rivercheesy?? @ d above pic^

Tears ooh, for reading what already has been solved and almost pointless.
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by IAMBREEZY: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
Wow! shocked
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
Eiyaa, pele ooo. Next time, be picky when it comes to trusting people. A runz geh for that matter? You lucky sef.
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by chumakk: 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
This story get k-leg. Something is not right undecided
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Isiterere(m): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
This is make-belief right ? I don't belief this .
Are you under any spell ? Brb for more ....

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Swiftboy(m): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Well first rule in life when it comes to whatever is your pursuit...dont be too desperate!
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
I dont buy all these admission-dupe me stories, if he had started a business four years ago along side he's struggle for admission,he wont be lamenting now.
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by alist(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Who Needs A Dream Home Design check my thread
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Aizebioje(m): 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
Don't blame anybody, blame yourself. Who'll pay 500k for admission into a nigerian university It doesn't make sense. now they duped you, you are here crying and trying to hide it from the church. If you got that admission now you'd have gone to give testimony and shout praise the Lord on the alter. "Be not deceived,God is not mocked". Lesson learned sha. Study hard next time ehn
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
In probability theory, a stochastic (/stoʊˈkæstɪk/) process, or sometimes random process (widely used) is a collection of random variables, representing the evolution of some system of random values over time. This is the probabilistic counterpart to a deterministic process (or deterministic system). Instead of describing a process which can only evolve in one way (as in the case, for example, of solutions of an ordinary differential equation), in a stochastic or random process there is some indeterminacy: even if the initial condition (or starting point) is known, there are several (often infinitely many) directions in which the process may evolve.

In the simple case of discrete time, as opposed to continuous time, a stochastic process involves a sequence of random variables and the time series associated with these random variables (for example, see Markov chain, also known as discrete-time Markov chain). Another basic type of a stochastic process is a random field, whose domain is a region of space, in other words, a random function whose arguments are drawn from a range of continuously changing values. One approach to stochastic processes treats them as functions of one or several deterministic arguments (inputs, in most cases regarded as time) whose values (outputs) are random variables: non-deterministic (single) quantities which have certain probability distributions. Random variables corresponding to various times (or points, in the case of random fields) may be completely different. The main requirement is that these different random quantities all have the same type. Type refers to the codomain of the function. Although the random values of a stochastic process at different times may be independent random variables, in most commonly considered situations they exhibit complicated statistical correlations.

Familiar examples of processes modeled as stochastic time series include stock market and exchange rate fluctuations, signals such as speech, audio and video, medical data such as a patient's EKG, EEG, blood pressure or temperature, and random movement such as Brownian motion or random walks. Examples of random fields include static images, random terrain (landscapes), wind waves or composition variations of a heterogeneous material.

Contents
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by simplex2: 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
Tales by moonlight!!! Stories that touch!! Super story!

A small girl duped your mum of 400k and bought a car and you didn't set the car on fire?

Mtchewwww!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by ugonna1054(m): 8:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: In probability theory, a stochastic (/stoʊˈkæstɪk/) process, or sometimes random process (widely used) is a collection of random variables, representing the evolution of some system of random values over time. This is the probabilistic counterpart to a deterministic process (or deterministic system). Instead of describing a process which can only evolve in one way (as in the case, for example, of solutions of an ordinary differential equation), in a stochastic or random process there is some indeterminacy: even if the initial condition (or starting point) is known, there are several (often infinitely many) directions in which the process may evolve.

In the simple case of discrete time, as opposed to continuous time, a stochastic process involves a sequence of random variables and the time series associated with these random variables (for example, see Markov chain, also known as discrete-time Markov chain). Another basic type of a stochastic process is a random field, whose domain is a region of space, in other words, a random function whose arguments are drawn from a range of continuously changing values. One approach to stochastic processes treats them as functions of one or several deterministic arguments (inputs, in most cases regarded as time) whose values (outputs) are random variables: non-deterministic (single) quantities which have certain probability distributions. Random variables corresponding to various times (or points, in the case of random fields) may be completely different. The main requirement is that these different random quantities all have the same type. Type refers to the codomain of the function. Although the random values of a stochastic process at different times may be independent random variables, in most commonly considered situations they exhibit complicated statistical correlations.

Familiar examples of processes modeled as stochastic time series include stock market and exchange rate fluctuations, signals such as speech, audio and video, medical data such as a patient's EKG, EEG, blood pressure or temperature, and random movement such as Brownian motion or random walks. Examples of random fields include static images, random terrain (landscapes), wind waves or composition variations of a heterogeneous material.

Contents
av u eaten
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by aieromon(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
If you guys are that boxed up,you could easily have gotten admission into any of the private universities.

I seriously doubt the veracity of the story.

1 Like

Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by halmeyd(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
500k 4 wetin? OP Ur name is either be MUMUNI OR MUMUNATU, am i right? Op im also into admision runs nd aid o so If any of ur junior ones is seekin admision plz contact me so dat i would also eat 4rm ur family cake.
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
iwonbaoko: In probability theory, a stochastic (/stoʊˈkæstɪk/) process, or sometimes random process (widely used) is a collection of random variables, representing the evolution of some system of random values over time. This is the probabilistic counterpart to a deterministic process (or deterministic system). Instead of describing a process which can only evolve in one way (as in the case, for example, of solutions of an ordinary differential equation), in a stochastic or random process there is some indeterminacy: even if the initial condition (or starting point) is known, there are several (often infinitely many) directions in which the process may evolve.

Contents
story for the gods
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
BoluGabriel: story for the gods
Yes there are gods
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2014

Contents
so you actuall let ur mum pay 500 thousand naira for runz undecided ....u dont av sense oooo....dat money would buy you diploma at lag if u read wel and or take you to a private uni and change will remain.....smh for you.......and she refused to now take it up now just because of church members/pastors....chai...did dey tell you dat your prayers wont reach church if suspended frm it....smh ,God will c you thru.....smh again!
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by hushmail: 12:29am On Jul 25, 2014
end of story. Next?
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by zieraw2005(m): 1:47am On Jul 25, 2014
Just d way bad tins are full in every corner now. Guys shine ur eyes ooo
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by DermalCarotene(f): 2:13am On Jul 25, 2014
In all of this, it's your mum i really pity.. Thank God you've gotten into school sha..
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by utenwuson: 5:26am On Jul 25, 2014
Ur mum has dt kind of baR n u stil @ home? Go 2 private university na!!!! But its jst dt I dnt knw y I smell liesZ!!!!
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by lordkrato(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2014
Need to sell things faster than waiting for people to call? Simply visit www.cashdown.com.ng, Cashdown Nigeria - Nigeria's First Online Pawnshop they buy everything.
Re: How MY Neighbor's Daughter Duped My Mum Of A Huge Sum Of Money by VocalWalls: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2014
A private university should have been your best bet.

It's too late now, its something you'll just have to live with, then after a while, move on.

(1) (Reply)

Addressing Hnaub's Accreditation Issue Once And Forever / . / Online Tutorials: Physics, Chemistry, And Molecular Biology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.