Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,423 members, 7,950,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? (5717 Views)

Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, / Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? / Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2006
I'm going for one after i have my two lovely daughters -that will be in like 6 yrs time. That way we wont be saying "remember that day we didnt use a rubber" or "darling, i forgot to take one pill last month, that's why"
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2006
osegwu:
no man
should be called an ignorant simply because he doesn't want himself cut.

They are not being called ignorant for not wanting to get it but for spreading false rumors and garbage about the procedure.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by English1(f): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2006
OK, I apologise for suggesting that biology education is poor in Nigeria.

I was only really criticising the few people who made ridiculous statements, I didn't mean to suggest that everyone in Nigeria is that ignorant. I'll think before I click next time wink
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by zebudaya(m): 2:35am On Nov 30, 2006
your apology is not enough drop down wherever you are and give me 20 pushups!!
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 30, 2006
zebudaya:

your apology is not enough drop down wherever you are and give me 20 pushups!!
Hmm that sound Military cheesy

Or maybe she could give you more than pushups, smiley
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by naija4life(f): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2006
Well, vasectomy is harm free reversible, depending on the option you chose. Gys shouldnt be scared of doing it but like some said, Its a free world, everybody to his/her own opinion.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by maxxdjinx(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2006
So long as anybody interested in the procedure is aware of the consequences, it's up to him. I can't undergo such a procedure cos I believe I've been created designed to adapt to any situation-whatever happened to self control in humans? If you ask me, you can live a healthy and balanced life without any additional alterations to my body. Besides I'm not a machine to be 'upgraded' or 'modified' to be any better than I already am.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by English1(f): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2006
20 push-ups? Are you trying to kill me? shocked
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by omoge(f): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2006
Since the guys are refusing it, and rather would prefer the woman to do whatever to prevent pregnancy, the best should be they both do it, the guy get vasectomy while the lady gets her tube tied. Or they both do nothing, make love and procreate (that's why the sex organs was put there in the first place)  grin.
No one should encourage the other to do/alter anything to avoid pregnancy, not Fair. Why should someone running away from vasectomy encourage his woman to go tie her tube, take pills, 2 days pills, etc?
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by osegwu(m): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2006
One of the things i love Nairaland for is that it is not only entertaining it
is also educating. I am sure there are some people who just heard of vasectomy
for the first time in this thread, NO DISRESPECT. Personally i am not for it, i hate anything
operations and i have asked God to remove anything that will make me under go an
operation. But this is my own choice and other people have theirs. Whatever you
think is good for you, go for it. That is what i normally do. don't waste my time considering
other people's opinion.

Still me
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by osegwu(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2006
ThiefOfMyHeart.

I think I get what you mean.
No offence intended.

Still me
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by osegwu(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2006
frankiriri:

@ Osegwu
Its not immediate . grin grin grin. I'm not even married.
I'm just saying that I'll do it when I'm good n ready. ( Say in the next 10 years)

My very good friend, 10 years big o!
You sure say you no go change your mind before then?
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by adunola(f): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2006
hi everyone,it as if our men are scared.but lets look at it from this angle, women are told to go for family planning, but men forget that women actually undergo pain as well.must we ladies be the ones bearing everytin?

pls men give us a chance for ones,it a form of preventing unwanted pregnancy,
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by zebudaya(m): 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2006
IS VASECTOMY REVERSIBLE?

Vasectomy should always be considered permanent, so do not undergo a vasectomy if you feel there is any chance you will change your mind. Forty to fifty percent of the reversal operations are unsuccessful.

http://www.minorprocedures.com/Vasectomy.htm

For all the girls in the house screaming it's reversible.! 40-50%. shocked those are horrible odds come one a D is 60%, 40-50% F. I would not even consider it.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:42am On Dec 04, 2006
Well there's always castration.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by mrmayor(m): 2:33am On Dec 04, 2006
Zeb,

Its true that old method of Vasectomy where there is a cut in the testicles had a 50-50 reversal rate but the new type called non-scalpel vasectomy removes all the risk.
Certain tubes in the testicles are clipped together just like the female closing of the womb,the clips can be removed with minimum fuss
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by frankiriri(m): 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2006
I have gone thru the article.
However I'll still do it and with GOd on my side nothing will happen to my kids to make me want to reverse my decision.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by osegwu(m): 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2006
frankiriri:

I have gone through the article.
However I'll still do it and with God on my side nothing will happen to my kids to make me want to reverse my decision.

Amen.

If you were a lady I would have volunteered to cut you myself
But alas, I only treat female patients.

Still me
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by frankiriri(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2006
@ osegwu
shocked shocked shocked are u a doctor
wont let u near my wife oh grin grin grin
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by frankiriri(m): 11:52am On Dec 11, 2006
@ osegwu
shocked shocked shocked are u a doctor
wont let u near my wife oh  grin grin grin
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by raphy(m): 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2006
waz happening ,
y do u want us aguys to do that shit, angry y do u have to tell us that shit news .
u supose 2 pur in ur book dont post any fucking call it news 4 guys here ok. who
ever wateva angryas for me i 'llnver do it period angry
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2006
speak English.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by tEsLim(m): 4:26am On Dec 24, 2006
Reasons I can never get sterilized. These are ppl I know. But can't mention name.

1. My longtime childhood friend. He's dad only got two of them. Now fucking friend is in the States. Elder sister getting married. Man and mama still lil young. They're lonely now. Always feeling like someone being around them. My friend ain't getting married, cos i'll be like next year, nah maybe 2years, oh! its gonna november. Sister ain't giving 'em grandson yet. I dunno they've staying alone now for 6years. I feel sorry everytime I see them

2. This gentleman in the hood was travelling home and all 4kids and wife died. He's bleeped for life. Can't start a new life.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:11am On Dec 24, 2006
If you werent so retarded, you would have read where they said it's REVERSIBLE.

Carry go with your rubbish
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2006
My people,
i might do it oh. but the thot of a slimy
doctor playing with my kinny is quite scary.
What if he mistakenly cuts of my john thomas?
Just my 2 cents.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by mrmayor(m): 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2006
TESLIM,

tEsLim:

Reasons I can never get sterilized.

For some strange reason there are people who don't read or understand what is being discussed before making ridiculous statements.

VASECTOMY is NOT the same thing as STERILIZATION

Fntekim,

What if a SLIMY DOCTOR cuts your wife's Womb or Uterus; Then what?
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by carnal: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2008
me i cant do it, i hv a colleague who did and the kids were involved in the sosoliso air crash that happened in portharcourt and all the four kids were involved and they lost four of them,now what will the guy do?he is already 41 and the wife was 39 at that time,so help me out for this guy
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 25, 2009
I could do it, if it removed the stress of unwanted pregnancies after we'd had all our kids.

The procedure's a lot easier for men than it is for women, the recovery time's shorter too.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Pepeye(f): 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2009
Not negotiable
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by iice(f): 8:17am On Mar 26, 2009
For shizzle grin
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Sissy3(f): 2:49am On Mar 29, 2009
tied everything jor cheesy

overpopulation is now a global pandemic disease
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by sirt1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ Poster and others,

Olorun maje ( God forbid bad thing.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Man That Is About To Get Divorced And Has 3 Kids / * / Type Your Christmas Wish Here, You Might Get Lucky.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.