Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,352 members, 7,888,120 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:55 PM

How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? (6323 Views)

Snap and upload your pet here [season 1] / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by cruise14(f): 6:30am On Jul 26, 2014
Sorry about that!

I was very sad when my cute little Hamster named roger died. I still don't know if I should get another.

The guilt of maybe I didn't do enough to care for it was bad.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Leibnitz: 6:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Mynd44: I remember when we lost Tessy.....hell the whole house was in tears, dad, mum and all.....I was not told since I was not in the state then. I knew 2 weeks later when I got back.

I felt like digging her body where it was buried.
Nna u no dey mercy for person angry
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:10am On Jul 26, 2014
Never had one,not planning to own one also.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by ChynoBEATS: 7:15am On Jul 26, 2014
Adorayble: I feel so sad. I lost my dog today.

My little bro won't stop crying, he's been the one bathing and caring for it since it was little.

I feel so sad... the thought of it is making me cry the more.

ehya. ..same happned to me wen my elder bro lost his dog... I. Cried in skool as-if there's No 2mrrw... N all my mates whr lyk... "Oya sorry na sorry. Na stop crying..sorry"...... N when all his beoboel puppies died.... I cried lyk a baby.. Cuz I was. Watch'n em died one. By one. Cuz their. Mom couldn't lactate.... Upon all d milk way I try giv em.. Eno work....... Even my. Bro left i n his dog cus he couldn't bear it... sad ...
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by ChynoBEATS: 7:21am On Jul 26, 2014
Buh now.... I've been the one taking care of his two Rotts... cheesy ... :/ dat my. Bro don leave him dogs 4me con travel 4 four months nw... Grrrgh... Infact ehn. :/
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by ChynoBEATS: 7:27am On Jul 26, 2014
wharlzywee: I can't stop crying when I lost my dog (most loved pet named sallie). Lost her sometime in july last year bt av gotten over her cos I still have a rottgrin . So sorry cos I knw hw u feel
oi! Dude... I guess u breed dog'z ?
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by iamdutch: 7:45am On Jul 26, 2014
My pet didn't die, I kicked him out of the house..
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by japhmanuel: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2014
I cried wen ma own dog died..., I jst bought some meat nd milk, nd wen I came bk I saw a dead body, it was tragic, it hs been wit me fr 17 yrs cry

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by wharlzywee(m): 8:08am On Jul 26, 2014
ChynoBEATS: oi! Dude... I guess u breed dog'z ?
terrier
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Charleschidera(m): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2014
Oh!!! I don't like remembering when my MONKEY died..... I call him RAKIY..... I don't know that the monkey was not feeling well in other to give him medicine...... After playing with him, people used to come to our place to play with him, they even bought soft drinks, biscuit for him....

So one morning, I saw him dead... I was like.... I cried upto a week but later got another monkey which also died, i also got 2 monkeys but they all died...so i stopped it... But am with my DOG now

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 26, 2014
I lost my cat of one year, came bak frm work nd herd his dead, mom n siblings were crying, me too cried, it hurts sooooo much, e was beautiful, sooooo beautiful... D most painful part was e jst gave birth 2 3 lovely kittens... Dey were jst 2wks old... Stil hurts...

Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by firestar(f): 8:29am On Jul 26, 2014
hydeka: What I'll refer to as my pet here isn't your regular pet. It wasn't a dog or a cat. It was a chicken! Now, I'm not making this up. We used to raise chickens when I was younger. There is this particular cockerel I grew to like. We raised it with other cockerels until the others were either sold out or used as meat for soup. It was the only one left so we decided to let it out of the pen and allowed it to wander around the neighbourhood. It would wander very far away from the house but it never failed to return home to it's pen unlike some of the broilers we raised at one time. It was always coming back around 6pm and any day it was past 6pm it would be seen running back to it's pen as if it knew it was late. It was crowing from the pen every morning before it went out for the day's business (wandering). I grew so fond of it that I told my mum that I was not going to kill it when the time came for it to be used as meat. But unfortunately, one day, it was hit by a moving vehicle and died. I was sad but at the same time grateful that I did not have to kill with my own hands. I missed it because it wasn't around to crow anymore. Does this sound weird? Well, it's true.

No it doesn't. smiley

Our family raised fowl who were as notorious as the dogs we kept.

And the canines didn't like to compete for attention.
When we were away, our dogs killed them and left their carcasses uneaten. undecided angry
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by JEITO: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2014
I felt truely sorry for my sister seeing her cry her eyes out when her cutie named simba, was knocked down by a vehicle. She's the most friendly dog u could think of.

Simba doesn't fight with other dogs, she make friends out of them.

A kind of dog that will make you love dog as pets.
But cry for an animal? Not a chance.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by maki(f): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2014
My cat (Missy) had a kitten 2 days ago but the kitten died... Don't knw if it was a still birth or it died after birth..... Saw missy under the bed with the dead kitten beside her.. Can't explain how I felt but I know I cried cry cry ... The worst part of it my older cat Kitty (male) still don't want to let her rest grin, no remorse that he just lost his first child...animal world ..smh

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Cool: 9:29am On Jul 26, 2014
Growing up, I had several dogs but my two favourite were Pat and Jack.

Jack was light brown and chubby. Pat, on the other hand, was black with distinctive dark brown marks and lean muscular.

At night, Jack would sneak out through some gaps in the gate and when he returns in the early hours of the morning, he'd stay outside the gate and whine loudly until my dad goes to open the gate for him to enter. We never understood why he wouldn't just sneak back in the way he went out. Eventually, my dad closed up the gaps in the gate. Part of my fond memories of Jack.

Later, my grandma took Jack and after a few years, she found him dead (killed) on the roadside. Suspected ritual killing. Oh, I was sad and angry. I cried quietly in my room for several days.

Pat grew old and died peacefully. My parents had prepared me for her passage so, when we woke up one morning and she had died, I wasn't surprised but I still cried profusely and openly. My dad took her away for burial. I still miss Pat, even though she died a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by authority2006(m): 9:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Sanchez01: I lost mine about two and half years ago. She was the most adorable ever. She was a very huge white rabbit with pink eyes. I called Kiki... I could remember her nibbling at anything that came her way. I was still in school back then and she would occupy my mind even right there in classcheesy. Kiki would claw at anyone who carried her, save for me. It was a local environment and most people there had never seen something of such. She was never caged. Her rabbitry could not hold her, so I had to let her run in the compound while she returned to a shady place near her rabbitry whenever she was bored.

Friends would come into the compound at will to see her. What marvelled people was her huge size, which made a targetsad.

I could remember returning from lectures that fateful day. I was so excited because it was a Friday, which meant Kiki would see more of me. Little did I know that my early morn feeding would be the last time I ever feed her. According to friends who had access to my compound and my room. They claim they didn't see her when they came in. It was obvious that she had been stolen because her rabbitry was somewhat out of place. Worst of all was some muddy foot prints in the compound.

Kiki was rabbitnapped by some unknown gunmen. The period was devastating for me. It took me well over 4months to get over her. Her rabbitry would always remind me of her.

Well, that was a while back. I'm planning on raising another now, just taking my time. I'm home and the idea of getting a rabbitry has been coming to mind. My compound is big enough but I have learnt a lesson in a very hard and costly waysad.
Well, I too once had a very big rabbit that scares visitors to our house away, very big a rabbit. I always allowed it to roam the house freely with ears point downwards and it made it looked like a dog.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by parrotibaba(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2014
cry 4 dog ke? den cry 4 cow ni sad

...from day one u knew dat ur pet is gonna die sm day so why cry 4 it?(aje butter +custard in motion)
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Arinze96(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2014
I'm yet to understand what it feels like because my tiger is still alive. I call him BOLT.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2014
Ghen ghen!

...And I ws planning to pay U a visit!
Arinze96: I'm yet to understand what it feels like because my tiger is still alive. I call him BOLT.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by parrotibaba(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2014
**In Fever Ray's voice ** "if I had a heart I would love u" ....**sips tea** "so ur rabbit was very big u say?" @Sanchez
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by JustCurious: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2014
I never knew I could love a dog so much the way I loved 'bright'. He was an epitome of his name. So friendly, yet a terror on the street. I remember coming back from school one early sunday morning. And, I had to immediately join my family to church in the car. Bright, just wouldn't let go...he pursue the car almost till 'eternity'...until we had to park half way to church and I came down to say hi..then, cajoled Bright back home..

It's been some years now, but I still go tears in my eyes when I remember the day he died. He was knocked down by a vehicle..and, while he laid by the road side, dying...this poor thing wouldn't stop wagging its tail for me when I arrived the scene. I CRIED! Yes, openly....right there on the street. I miss him so much. Now, my son is here, looking at me...crying...while I type this message...he must be wandering...why is momma, crying..cheesy

#Since Bright's demise. I find it SO difficult to 'fall in love' with a dog again. Never! grin #Memories.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by luvly101: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2014
...felt sorry. :-
RIP Goockie.
That's how it completed it's life cycle.

Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Arinze96(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2014
Adorayble: Ghen ghen!

...And I ws planning to pay U a visit!
Well, I'm still single anyway. I would be glad to meet you, I reside in Abuja.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2014
Chai,am nt ready to join my ancestors yet oh!
Arinze96: Well, I'm still single anyway. I would be glad to meet you, I reside in Abuja.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by maborukoje(f): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2014
I remembered bully ma dad's dog e luv d dog sotey sum times we no go chop if bully never chop
Dere was one time like dat,we work up n didn't see bully,during morning devotion bully was one of our prayer point,only for dad to call us later DAT day,dat he found bully in his shop like 30minute drive from our house O

Finally all doz dog eating human being stole our bully for pepper soup coz d dog big well well
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by henry007(m): 11:15am On Jul 26, 2014
mrvocalprowess: I lost my cat of one year, came bak frm work nd herd his dead, mom n siblings were crying, me too cried, it hurts sooooo much, e was beautiful, sooooo beautiful... D most painful part was e jst gave birth 2 3 lovely kittens... Dey were jst 2wks old... Stil hurts...
that's a she now not a he
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by Arinze96(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2014
Adorayble: Chai,am nt ready to join my ancestors yet oh!
Fear not for tiger won't hurt you when Austin is with you.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by zionsamuel: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2014
Though I don't have a pet, but reading all these comments, I feel like crying.
I can see how emotional you guys get attached with your pets...so sorry all for what happened to them.
Re: How Did You Feel When Your Pet Died? by drnairalov: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2014
i had a little dog called skippy, very cute ..it loved me any time it sees me it wud rush 2 meet me..so i woke up one morning, i saw skippy trying to run towards me but it was struggling, den i saw a bite on its leg...It was a snake bite.we took skippy 2 vet..but 2 dayz after he died..since den i ddnt have any other pet. ve lost lot of loved ones..cant think of loving anoda pet and suddenly lose it again..it hurts to see something u lov go without saying goodbye.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solid Boerboel Puppies Now Available. / Rottweiler Puppies For Sale / Help! My 3 Month Lhasa Apso Does Not Eat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.