Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,381 members, 7,937,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? (620 Views)

When Does A joystick Really Stop Growing / When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Ladies: Does Going On A Date With A Guy Means He Has Won Ur Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 25, 2014
I'm a 32 years old university graduate with B.Tech(Hons.). I was exposed to sane Christian doctrines very early in my life -- as a result of this, I concluded that the best way to avoid sexual sins is to derive maximum joy from solitude till when you are ready to get married. As a matter of fact, I have innate longing for solitude and at the same time possess a great sense of humour -- this makes my contemporaries to always seek my attendance in social gatherings because virtually all my utterances are punctuated with wits and humour. I spent five years at the university without a lover (the girl my mates thought was my lover was close to me in a bid to obtain my academic helps --which I rendered with unrivalled fervour). During my NYSC days, I became a pastor in The Redeemed Christian Church of God when a pastor working there hitherto was transfered all of a sudden. Still having no lover, I set up a computer business -- training young people, designing for schools and colleges after my service year -- this brought more than enough hot girls across my path but I still couldn't find the 'special one'. I live in a rented apartment where the pastor of my church also lives. Now I'm tired of endless calls by my family members and well-wishers asking me to get married. But in my own principle, falling in love is a phenomenon that will be controlled by my [head], not my [heart]. After many failed gestures from my pastor encouraging me to find a lover, now it has becomes a form of confrontation... this has made me to sum up my closest allies and confidants in my twitter handle(now deactivated) as 'plaguers of the tomb, ignorant blackguards, illiterate blockheads, drivelling simpletons, ci-devant mountebanks and fake charlatans'... Still, they refuse to give me rest on this same issue. Of all the ordeals I'v ever fought in my life as a grown-up man with thinking wizardry, this one seems to be winning the war.
Re: When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by lomaxx: 1:50am On Jul 25, 2014
Getting married occurs in a spectrum of 3 phases:

1) You being ready

2) You finding someone

3) Tying the nuptial knot.

From what I've read you're yet to begin phase 1. You're not ready (doesn't matter how old you are). You still derive maximum utility from solitude, which is a choice you're entitled to. Talk about fundamental human rights-lol.

Contrary to what should be, people almost always mistake increasing age to mean being ready for marriage. So those people "disturbing" you to tie the nuptial knot assume that by being 32, you're ready. Which, obviously is wrong. Some will go the extra mile to get you to phase 2 by setting you up with ladies and all that.Truth is, if you're not ready, none of that is gonna work.

I'd rather they leave you alone to either enjoy your solitude as your responsible choice. You described yourself as having an "innate longing for solitude". But then I ask myself, what person would choose to be alone.

Even the Lord God said : "It is not good for the man to be alone....."
Re: When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by mstik(f): 2:36am On Jul 25, 2014
Wat the f, man? Who you tryn to impress with all dese words. Abeg park well joor. Why are you speaking in economic terms. Gosh! Just make your points in plain simple English without wrongly using words dat are bigger than you.
lomaxx: Getting married occurs in a spectrum of 3 phases:

1) You being ready

2) You finding someone

From what I've read you're yet to begin phase 1. You're not ready (doesn't matter how old you are). You still derive maximum utility from solitude, which is a choice you're entitled to. Talk about fundamental human rights-lol.

Contrary to what should be, people almost always mistake increasing age to mean being ready for marriage. So those people "disturbing" you to tie the nuptial knot assume that by being 32, you're ready. Which, obviously is wrong. Some will go the extra mile to get you to phase 2 by setting you up with ladies and all that.Truth is, if you're not ready, none of that is gonna work.

I'd rather they leave you alone to either enjoy your solitude as your responsible choice. You described yourself as having an "innate longing for solitude". But then I ask myself, what person would choose to be alone.

Even the Lord God said : "It is not good for the man to be alone....."
Re: When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by rudro00: 3:14am On Jul 25, 2014
Nigerian blog, Www.lalmoon.com post a blog and be an author.
Re: When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=lomaxx]Getting married occurs in a spectrum of 3 phases:

1) You being ready

2) You finding someone

Contrary to what should be, people almost always mistake increasing age to mean being ready for marriage. So those people "disturbing" you to tie the nuptial knot assume that by being 32, you're ready. [quote author=lomaxx] I don't seem to be ready(phase 1 acordin to u) but I place mysev on high alert to find a gud woman which [seems] nonexistent. Every time I try to date, ladies discourage me with monetary demand(even those wit financialy better parents still demand 4 dis). Above all, I always get d motive behind a girl sayin 'yes' to me -- which is most of the time to get helps(financial or academic).
Re: When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 25, 2014
mstik: Wat the f, man? Who you tryn to impress with all dese words. Abeg park well joor. Why are you speaking in economic terms. Gosh! Just make your points in plain simple English without wrongly using words dat are bigger than you.
@mystik, I apreciate ur submision bt I also lik wot Lomaxx presented. Who a man is wil always reflect in woteva he does. Lomaxx has more than enough words in his ornate amoury; I dnt tink it is gud for him to hide this ability.
Re: When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by mstik(f): 9:03am On Jul 25, 2014
I know but he seems so fake, trying to impress and dats annoying. Whats my business tho? To each his own
Centrifuge4: @mystik, I apreciate ur submision bt I also lik wot Lomaxx presented. Who a man is wil always reflect in woteva he does. Lomaxx has more than enough words in his ornate amoury; I dnt tink it is gud for him to hide this ability.
Re: When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by lomaxx: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2014
Centrifuge4: I don't seem to be ready (phase 1 acordin to u) but I place mysev on high alert to find a gud woman which [seems] nonexistent.

The Holy Book says "Seek and ye shall find".

Well, it usually doesn't work like that. The good ones come when you're not looking.

Every time I try to date, ladies discourage me with monetary demand(even those wit financialy better parents still demand 4 dis).

It's a pity really. But then you'd get around it.

Above all, I always get d motive behind a girl sayin 'yes' to me -- which is most of the time to get helps(financial or academic).

Well, you'll still get around it.
Re: When Does 'Going Too Far' Become Too Far? by lomaxx: 9:29am On Jul 25, 2014
Centrifuge4: Who a man is wil always reflect in woteva he does. Lomaxx has more than enough words in his ornate amoury; I dnt tink it is gud for him to hide this ability.

Who a man is will always reflect in whatever he does.

Perfectly said.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Like This Still Exist. Don't They? / I Need A Lady Of 18 To 23 Yrs 4 A Serious Relationship.. / 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.