Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,098 members, 7,942,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (350947 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:06am On Sep 24, 2014
ArtanK:
Somali people too, but because most clans had their own kingdom/sultanate/geradship we had multiple scripts. The Latin orthography was only adopted in 1972. There is hope of bringing back those lost scripts, I hope that happens sometime soon.
This is called Osmanya and it was used by my clan in the north east.
[img]http://www.afrikanistik-aegyptologie-online.de/archiv/2010/2723/dippArticle-14.jpg[/img]
I think the latin script with minor modifications is good. Whichever Alphabet is used doesn't really matter in my opinion as long as Somali study in their language.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:19am On Sep 24, 2014
Debbo Pullo mo Senegal

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:21am On Sep 24, 2014
Representation of El Hadj Umar Futiyu Tall

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:22am On Sep 24, 2014
Fresh Milk

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by ArtanK(m): 12:54am On Sep 24, 2014
Omarbah:
I think the latin script with minor modifications is good. Whichever Alphabet is used doesn't really matter in my opinion as long as Somali study in their language.

I'd rather get rid of the Latin alphabet completely. Changing our script would teach the younger generations to be proud of their heritage (not that Somalis are lacking in pride lol).

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:59am On Sep 24, 2014
Fulaman,
here is a book by Amadou Ampathe Ba on Kumen
http://www.webpulaaku.net/defte/ahb/kumen/index.html

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:07am On Sep 24, 2014
Omarbah: Fulaman,
here is a book by Amadou Ampathe Ba on Kumen
http://www.webpulaaku.net/defte/ahb/kumen/index.html

Mi yetti maasin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:36am On Sep 24, 2014
Bororojo has not been on a lot recently, he's a very good fellow eh OmarBah? He is missed within our local NL Fulani community cry
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 24, 2014
ArtanK:

Somali people too, but because most clans had their own kingdom/sultanate/geradship we had multiple scripts. The Latin orthography was only adopted in 1972. There is hope of bringing back those lost scripts, I hope that happens sometime soon.

This is called Osmanya and it was used by my clan in the north east.

[img]http://www.afrikanistik-aegyptologie-online.de/archiv/2010/2723/dippArticle-14.jpg[/img]

This looks like some other version of Ge'ez ......
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by ArtanK(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bororojo:

This looks like some other version of Ge'ez ......

In my opinion, it looks like it was influenced by this version of Somali script that was used in the north west and Djibouti (E-soul's peeps).

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
Artan, are you able to read your script?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by ArtanK(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
Fulaman198: Artan, are you able to read your script?

No sad adopting this script will be very difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
ArtanK:

No sad adopting this script will be very difficult.

The more you use something, the better you guys will get at it. The Arabs, Russians (and other Slavic people), the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc. etc. never lost their script. It may take time, but it's more than possible to go back to it.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by ArtanK(m): 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
Fulaman198:

The more you use something, the better you guys will get at it. The Arabs, Russians (and other Slavic people), the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc. etc. never lost their script. It may take time, but it's more than possible to go back to it.

True, I truly hope we go back to it soon.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
ArtanK:

True, I truly hope we go back to it soon.

Insha'Allah it will happen

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2014

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
Allah Accu lawol fulbe amin! Pullo dogota, pullo sagata!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwAwEE7tqxo

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:10am On Sep 27, 2014
Fulaman198: For you bandam OmarBah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH3k0Dm5M68
such show of pride, I love my peps. grin I like how she is blending in the Serdu with her music.
She seems to be singing in the Futa Jallon Pulaar too. LOL

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:25am On Sep 27, 2014
Fulaman198:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6FJjIK2ak

my favorite of tonight's selectionm Yo Geno ɓantu fi Pulaaku , O walla Fulbe dunuya fof e nder ganndal, soobe, jawdi e laamu.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:04am On Sep 27, 2014
Omarbah:
my favorite of tonight's selectionm Yo Geno ɓantu fi Pulaaku , O walla Fulbe dunuya fof e nder [b]ganndal, soobe, jawdi e laamu. [/b]

Amiin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:05am On Sep 27, 2014
Omarbah:
such show of pride, I love my peps. grin I like how she is blending in the Serdu with her music.
She seems to be singing in the Futa Jallon Pulaar too. LOL

We love you too, we are all brothers and sisters from different countries.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
how do you call this Fulaman?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
look at all of that gold

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Mauritania ??

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
kossam

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
Mali

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
Senegal

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
Mali or Senegal, not sure.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
Omarbah: how do you call this Fulaman?

Nagge/Na'i for cattle
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
Omarbah: look at all of that gold

Kangeri for gold

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.