Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,021 members, 7,966,760 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 10:19 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (351867 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

Chai!! .... I seriously need to visit Dalaba or maybe Malee
Right now, I am googlemapping Fouta Djallon.....lmao
Labe is a must see.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

Labe is a must see.

Ah.... you are only making me more curious..
How will I be welcomed? will they se me as a Kaado because My last name is not one of the original 4? cry
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

Ah.... you are only making me more curious..
How will I be welcomed? will they se me as a Kaado because My last name is not one of the original 4? cry
If I may know which one it is ? Lol, they know that not all Fulbe wearing different last names are Habe. But still if you are from a different country, they won't assume anything. Many Fulbe know that in MAli it is common to see Cisse, Dikko, Toure Fulbe .
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

If I may know which one it is ? Lol, they know that not all Fulbe wearing different last names are Habe. But still if you are from a different country, they won't assume anything. Many Fulbe know that in MAli it is common to see Cisse, Dikko, Toure Fulbe .

Bello!!
lol
Kinda of wish we had those names, I wont have to waste my time thinking whenever I see anyone who looks Fulanish.
But I can also Imagine you guyz are having a hard time with name diffferenciation, God knows how many Omar Diallo, or Omar Bah are out there... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

He has got to protect his territory lol

So true loll
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

Bello!!
lol
Kinda of wish we had those names, I wont have to waste my time thinking when I see anyone that looks Fulanish.
Bello is written Billo in FJ and it is usually a first name or middle name as in Mamadou Billo Barry.
From what I have read, you guys are the ones that kept the original form of our names. Having a first name and them the town or village associated to it. FJ, MAli Fulbe chose the last names to conform to Manden society during their empire. I don't know how accurate it is but it sure is interesting. Thierno Samba Mombeya, Thierno Souleymane mo Timbi, Karamoko Alpha mo Labe, etc... That's how even our great great grandfathers called each other.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:
Do any of you guyz have any news about the situation of our people in the C.A.R?

They really treated us like trash there, kind of like how some people on NL treat and view Fulani people. I haven't heard anything new recently except many of us Have left Central African Republic
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
We have Dikko (Dicko) as well, in regards to first names Fanta is used in Adamawa just like in the Foutas. Yero/Yaro we have that name as well

Dembo for Demba
Sambo for Samba
Etc etc
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

Bello is written Billo in FJ and it is usually a first name or middle name as in Mamadou Billo Barry.
From what I have read, you guys are the ones that kept the original form of our names. Having a first name and them the town or village associated to it. FJ, MAli Fulbe chose the last names to conform to Manden society during their empire. I don't know how accurate it is but it sure is interesting. Thierno Samba Mombeya, Thierno Souleymane mo Timbi, Karamoko Alpha mo Labe, etc... That's how even our great great grandfathers called each other.

Theirno is just Cerno or Cherno right? Some of those names like Karamoko sound Mande in origin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

They really treated us like trash there, kind of like how some people on NL treat and view Fulani people. I haven't heard anything new recently except many of us Have left Central African Republic
They had refugees thronging as far as all the way into Nigeria... was really saddening what happened there...
Apparently, I learnt Jealousy was a main fueling factor, the locals felt the Fulanis and other Musilms were foreigners who were controlling their own economy.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

Do you guys in FJ have the surname Gelajo(Geladio)?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

They had refugees thronging as far as all the way into Nigeria... was really saddening what happened there...
Apparently, I learnt Jealousy was a main fueling factor, the locals felt the Fulanis and other Musilms were foreigners who were controlling their own economy.

Yeah I watched a documentary on it 2 years ago, it was very saddening.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

Theirno is just Cerno or Cherno right? Some of those names like Karamoko sound Mande in origin
Yes Cerno or Alfa were the two terms used for those that attained a higher level of learning in Islam. Clerics loved the term Cerno. But just like Alfa it was also used by the heads of provinces. Timbi, TImbo , Fugumba, Kollade, Kebali, Koin used Alfa for their rulers, and Timbi Touni, bhouria used Cerno.

Karamoko is indeed Manden in origin, just like how you guys use Mallam.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

I met a Pullo for CAR here , he told me the same. They marginalized MUslims in the administration but turns out, MUslims still controlled the economy. They would go out dig for diamonds for a long time and then come sell it to Muslim to buy goods.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

Do you guys in FJ have the surname Gelajo(Geladio)?
Not it is not common here, Malaado is common though.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

I met a Pullo for CAR here , he told me the same. They marginalized MUslims in the administration but turns out, MUslims still controlled the economy. They would go out dig for diamonds for a long time and then come sell it to Muslim to buy goods.

Exactly.... they kill cattle herders in the bush and take over their cattle, when they don't even have the skills to manage them.... lol.
They think just taking the cattle is all what it takes.
Every Bororo in the C.A.R looks like this guy with the arrows right now. Defense is not an option this time around, it is a requirement!

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

Exactly.... they kill cattle herders in the bush and take over their cattle, when they don't even have the skills to manage them.... lol.
Every Bororo in the CA.A.R looks like this guy with the arrows right now. Defense is not an option this time around, it is a requirement!

That's how a real Pullo looks like in the picture, standing next to the Bantu speaking people TerryCarr should see that picture
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

Yes Cerno or Alfa were the two terms used for those that attained a higher level of learning in Islam. Clerics loved the term Cerno. But just like Alfa it was also used by the heads of provinces. Timbi, TImbo , Fugumba, Kollade, Kebali, Koin used Alfa for their rulers, and Timbi Touni, bhouria used Cerno.

Karamoko is indeed Manden in origin, just like how you guys use Mallam.

lol Mallam, Modibbo....... or Mallumjo (teacher)

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

lol Mallam, Modibbo....... or Mallumjo (teacher)

Mallam is also of Arab origin :-)
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's how a real Pullo looks like in the picture, standing next to the Bantu speaking people TerryCarr should see that picture
TerryCarr or many others only know pictures on flickr and search engine, never actually met any, can yu blame them..
He is right on a part though, not all Fulani look like the stereotypical Pullo.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

Been wondering as well, because we have names like
Ja'o, Ja'e, Ori, Hamma,Bose, Jawro, Yuguda, Julde, Yero, Jungudo, Bayo, Bappatel, Sambayel, Kawuyel, Gabdo,Bimbi, Tokoyel, Bappanyo, etc which are all Fulani names... but are mostly used as middle names.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

Every Bororo in the C.A.R looks like this guy with the arrows right now. Defense is not an option this time around, it is a requirement!
Or here when they have taken actual guns .

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

TerryCarr or many others only know pictures on flickr and search engine, never actually met any, can yu blame them..
He is right on a part though, not all Fulani look like the stereotypical Pullo.

That's due to mixing with neighbouring groups

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's due to mixing with neighbouring groups

yes. True. I would really love for Adamawans to "mix" with Jallonians....lmao
and produce the newest fuuta.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

It should be done once we have a United Sudu Baba Fulbe nation loll I'm joking.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bororojo:

Futanians or Futakobe lol,
The other part of the name is being neglected increasingly lol
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by ArtanK(m): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
Are Fulanis the only Muslims that live in CAR?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2015
ArtanK:
Are Fulanis the only Muslims that live in CAR?
No there are other groups from Chad and Sudan.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by ArtanK(m): 10:29pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

No there are other groups from Chad and Sudan.

OK, Are Fulanis recent arrivers (last one or two centuries)? Why are they being labelled foreigners?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't want our other Naija folk to think we are like Axum

You cannot deny that Fulani are better looking than the FUFU nation, the Bantus know this, accept your faith and go forward. grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
ArtanK:

OK, Are Fulanis recent arrivers (last one or two centuries)? Why are they being labelled foreigners?
Because of their nomadic tradition . Hell, even in Guinea, some Mande like to call Fulanis foreigners even though we have been for centuries. But we never leave though. Once we are in, it's for good.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by ArtanK(m): 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
Omarbah:

Because of their nomadic tradition . Hell, even in Guinea, some Mande like to call Fulanis foreigners even though we have been for centuries. But we never leave though. Once we are in, it's for good.

Good, I support their struggle against the oppressors. It doesn't take a genius to figure out who's at fault.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.